Member:
Authors:
Info:
Collections:
Tags:tieteiskirjallisuus, avaruusooppera

Ghost Ship by Sharon Lee (Author)

This book could have been called Ghost Ship or Clan Korval Finally Settles into Surebleak. This could be read by either a fan of the series or someone trying it out for the first time since anything that is referring to events from previous books is nicely handled without the feeling of infodumping. Of course I'm left sitting here waiting for the next book to come out in the series. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
Very rich. I definitely need to read it a couple more times before I catch...well, most of it. Liaden books tend to have new discoveries on the tenth reading and more. The story is a little choppy - jumping back and forth between viewpoints, sometimes after only a page or two. And the Vandar bit was interesting - some repeated scenes, some left out here that the chapbook's story covered, and some new bits. It was great to see Clarence again, Bechimo is fascinating and needs quite a few lessons in dealing with people, Uncle is less than complete in his knowledge (how odd!). We don't get to see much of Surebleak - not as much as in Skyblaze - but what we do see is interesting. And...the book ends at a somewhat odd point (though I can't see where else it could have stopped - there at least a full book's worth of story before there's any sort of conclusion). It stops at a point where everything is solidly begun, and some time is necessary before the next set of results happen. Dragon Ship...next year! Hmmm. Reread - I found I didn't remember portions of it, to the point of thinking I hasn't finished the book. I did remember the final scene, though. Well. Still excellent, and now I have Dragon Ship - the eARC, at least. It flows nicely. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Dec 11, 2013 |
The sentient ship Bechimo wants its pilot - more, it wants to bond with its captain. Unfortunately, the pilot Theo Waitley doesn't seem inclined to come to him and take up her duty, so Bechimo continues to track her across the wide expanses between planets and solar systems. Theo, meanwhile, is coming to terms with the disappearance of her father, the Scholar Kilardi, and the reappearance of Daav yos'Phelium, Scout and Pilot and Korval.

For Korval, with Dragon and Tree newly settled on its new planet home, circumstances continue to be stressful. And the Department continues it's deadly stalking...

Lee and Miller have plotted a marvelously complex and many-threaded story that just keeps getting better. ( )
  SunnySD | Aug 20, 2012 |
The latest Liaden Universe novel explores what happens when a sentient spaceship hooks up with it’s captain for the first time. Great for fans of the series, not a good intro as it needs a lot of backstory to make sense. ( )
  roseread | Aug 31, 2011 |
The story continues after I Dare and Saltation, as Korval moves to Surebleak and Theo and the ghost ship pursue each other. If this makes no sense, don't start here--but do start.

This ends very much in the middle of things; fortunately, the authors are hard at work on the next one. ( )
  readinggeek451 | Aug 4, 2011 |

Lee, SharonAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Miller, SteveAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Mattingly, David B.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stevens, EileenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The galaxy was undergoing change.

Hoping to leave her misfit past behind her, ace starship pilot Theo Waitley, the daughter of a renowned scholar mother and an interstellar aristocrat father, discovers her heritage as the leader of a powerful Liaden clan before she is targeted by influential enemies.… (more)

Sharon Lee is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,624,181 books! | Top bar: Always visible