The Omen Machine (Sword Of Truth) by Terry…

The Omen Machine (Sword Of Truth) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Terry Goodkind

Member:Nihil.Obstat
Title:The Omen Machine (Sword Of Truth)
Authors:Terry Goodkind
Info:Tor Books (2011), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 528 pages

The Omen Machine by Terry Goodkind (2011)

Recently added byeri.reads, private library, Bswishe1, BnTAZ, dcworsham, SPartenFamily, glenncruz, Hemsworth05, alpoh666

English (22)  Swedish (1)  All languages (23)
Beetje chaotisch boek. Had het idee dat het voor de schrijver meer een verplichting was om dit boek te schrijven dan iets anders. Pas de laatste bladzijden werd het weer een beetje de bekende stijl van Goodkind.

Hoop dat een eventueel volgende deel weer meer echte actie brengt en ook uitsluitsel geeft over de 'Regula'. ( )
  EdwinKort | Nov 6, 2018 |
A bit insubstantial plotwise, as it became obvious what was happening quite early on. It was OK. It was nice that the book opened with Cara and Benjamin's wedding. Shame the peace didn't last very long and Goodkind's writing style hadn't changed - too much repetitive explanation of background information. With nothing much happening for a while, and most of the action in the last bit of the book, it actually felt like only half a book - only half the mysteries that had taken so long to set up had been conclude. I guess the next books will deal with the rest. ( )
  LindaLiu | Aug 15, 2018 |
If I had not read earlier Terry Goodkind, I think I might have enjoyed this book more.

It's not great, but it's not bad. You've got your heroes, who are a bit flawed...you've got your supporting cast, who are - supportive... and you've got your evil ones who are so evil, it's almost a bit laughable.

But I was expecting some great dialogue (it got tedious at times), and I was expecting some 'aha' moments -- which seemed to instead be replaced with some 'really? well, ok.. ' moments.

overall though, I did enjoy the story enough that I can't say I'm sorry I spent the time reading it.. although I do wish Goodkind had spent a bit more time writing/editing it. ( )
  LaurieGienapp | Dec 8, 2017 |
An excellent continuation to the series, and quite a surprise honestly. I only say it was a surprise because I had thought the series was over, and was very excited to find out that there were recently 3 more books released! An interesting new enemy/conflict for Richard and Kahlan to fight! I am extremely excited to read the next 2 books! Richard and Kahlan are two of my most favourite characters from any fantasy novel I've read. Their personalities are well rounded, they make mistakes, they have good hearts, and they can be very witty and flippant! A wonderful addition to my shelves! ( )
  sasta | Feb 1, 2017 |
I was around the 100 page mark when I realized that Terry GoodkindRichard was still harping about freewill and determinism.

Tell me a good story, not a Ayn Rand philosophy. Could not finish it. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
'Er heerst duisternis,' zei de jongen.

Hannis Arc, working on the tapestry of lines linking constellations of elements that constituted the language of Creation recorded on the ancient Cerulean scroll spread out among the clutter on his desk, was not surprised to see the seven etherial forms billow into the room like acrid smoke driven on a breath of bitter breeze. Like an otherworldly collection of spectral shapes seemingly carried on random eddies of air, they wandered in a loose clutch among the still and silent mounted bears and beasts rising up on their stands, the small forest of stone pedestals holding massive books of recorded prophecy, and the evenly spaced display cases of oddities, their glass reflecting the firelight from the massive hearth at the side of the room.

Since the seven rarely used doors, the shutters on the windows down on the ground level several stories below stood open as a fearless show of invitation. Though they frequently chose to use windows, they didn’t actually need the windows any more than they needed the doors. They could seep through any opening, any crack, like vapor rising in the early morning from the stretches of stagnant water that lay in dark swaths through the peat barrens.

The open shutters were meant to be a declaration for all to see, including the seven, that Hannis Arc feared nothing.

#1 New York Times-bestselling author Terry Goodkind returns to the lives of Richard Rahl and Kahlan Amnell—in a compelling tale of a new and sinister threat to their world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:58 -0400)

A deep underground machine awakens after thousands of years and foretells ominous events including a catastrophic prediction involving Richard Cypher and Kahlan Amnell.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,088,437 books! | Top bar: Always visible