Undead and Undermined (Undead/Queen Betsy)…

Undead and Undermined (Undead/Queen Betsy) (edition 2011)

by MaryJanice Davidson

Member:kkrisdan28
Title:Undead and Undermined (Undead/Queen Betsy)
Authors:MaryJanice Davidson
Info:Berkley Hardcover (2011), Hardcover, 304 pages

Undead and Undermined by MaryJanice Davidson

As some other reviewers pointed out, there are only about 20 pages or so of actual action. The rest is Betsy's internal dialogue and filler, making what should have been a novella into a 320-page novel, and to somehow drag this story arc across three books to make it a trilogy within a larger series. I ended up skimming most of it and didn't miss any of the "major" action (of which there's really only 1 main scene).

When this series started, I really enjoyed it - it was fresh & fun. Sadly, book 10 failed for me. Even the characters have gotten stale, showing little development. Even Sinclair reads as flat and one-dimensional. So now I'm not sure I'll even bother with book 11. ( )
  wanderinglynn | Mar 22, 2018 |
#10 in the Queen Betsy series. This one has Betsy and her sister Laura back from their time traveling adventures. This one was a bit hard to follow as I haven't read book 9 yet. But this one for me was a page turner. Betsy and Laura have traveled ahead in time and Betsy is no longer a happy go lucky type person. Now she's back in an alternative time line where things are not what she's used to, the biggest one being no Louboutin shoes. The book starts with Betsy coming back from Hell and ending up in the middle of the street on the miracle mile. With that the book is off and running. Betsy travels back to hell and finds that the devil is actually afraid of her. While there she gets some of her shoes back and brings her friend Antonia back from the dead. Also future Marc follows them back to the present, which not all goes as she expects. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Feb 1, 2017 |
Ok someone said the series changed so I had to try this part.

Yep. it changed.

General impression? Writer on Crack with heavy dose of psychotropics perhaps for a manic phase of manic depression.

I finished the book going "What in the h..l was that all about?" I really regret going back and reading this after I decided to toss book number 5. The change in the series was horrible. Davidson found something that worked in book one. She lost it by book 4 and now? I'm figuring she quit her day job and is stuck. ( )
  pjh1984 | Mar 31, 2013 |
Okay, I seriously LOVED this book. I can't even tell you how much. I was sad when it ended. Heck, I was so into it that I didn't even realize it was coming to the end. I can not wait to read the next book to see what comes next. I'm sort of glad I waited a while to read this, rather than diving in the second it came out like I wanted to. ( )
  mzserena | May 17, 2012 |
Is Betsy in trouble now! The story gets a little hard to follow/repetitive with the time travel.... And it is so sad about Marc. What is she to do with the knowledge about the Book of the Dead? Was Laura just trying to shield her from this? Oh, twists and turns... ( )
  bgknighton | May 8, 2012 |

MaryJanice Davidsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
wu, nancyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Vampire Queen Betsy Taylor thought she couldn't die. So what's she doing in the morgue? It could have something to do with a time-traveling trip she made, and a foe with a wicked agenda that could finally be the real death of Betsy--if she's not careful.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,442,213 books! | Top bar: Always visible