Everyday Cooking with Jacques Pepin by…

Everyday Cooking with Jacques Pepin (edition 1982)

by Jacques Pepin

Title:Everyday Cooking with Jacques Pepin
Authors:Jacques Pepin
Info:HarperCollins Publishers (1982), Paperback, 194 pages

Everyday Cooking With Jacques Pepin by Jacques Pépin

Jacques Pepin, Julia Child, Alton Brown, Tyler Florence and the America's Test Kitchen crew have all provided great assistance to me in learning cooking technique through their TV shows. Technique and the ability to improvise with what is in the fridge are really important, and Pepin is a wonderful teacher. Even though this cookbook is wonderfully illustrated, it's not nearly as effective as watching Pepin on TV. And, to be honest, his recipes have never been the strong point. Oh, I'd gladly eat any meal he prepares, but my own tastes are a bit more spicy and eclectic than the recipes he has here. ( )
  wdwilson3 | Dec 17, 2012 |
I love watching Jacques Pepin. His shows with the late Julia Child were especially fun. But I haven't read any of his cookbooks. This one was at the library, and it seems to be one of his earliest books.

It was a fun read - some very interesting recipes in here. Some were a little too interesting, like Lettuce Souffle. Um, icky! Not too many in here that were likely to appeal to my family. But I give him credit for the great pictures and the very clear instructions on the recipes. I haven't tried any in here, and I don't know that I will. But I would like to read another of his books and see what the more recent ones look like. ( )
  cmbohn | Jun 10, 2009 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,767,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible