Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit by…

Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit

by Jarrett J. Krosoczka

Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit, written and illustrated by Jarrett Krosoczka (2010) is an entertaining and funny graphic novel for young people. It tells the story of the clever, super-hero like Lunch Lady as she solves a mystery at her elementary school. The illustrations help move the story along and are as important as the words. I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the Lunch Lady series!

In the classroom, I would use this series as an opportunity to teach kids about how to read graphic novels -- how to follow the panels, and how to pay attention to the illustrations just as much as the words. Grades 2-5 ( )
  jennycheckers | Apr 6, 2013 |
A fun book. My students that I student teach for love the Lunch Lady books. If you haven't checked it out you should. I would defiantly recomend this book because it remined me of one of my favorite graphi novel books Captian Underpants. I would defiantly recomend reading this boook to your students because I am sure that they will love this book just like my students did. ( )
  gjchauvin504 | Nov 26, 2012 |
Review: After the goods for their school bake sale are stolen Lunch Lady is to the rescue. A group of the kids are also on the case following clues to find the thief so they can still raise money for their school field trip.

Personal: I thought the storyline in the story was really easy to follow. I did not enjoy the graphics in this story though since the only colors used were black and yellow. I have learned though my daughter (2nd grade) really enjoys reading graphic novels and was trying to borrow this book before I was even done with it.

Classroom Extension: 1. working as a class make homemade cookies to practice following directions. 2. Plan a class field trip and come up with ways to raise money to fund it.
  DonnaKLewis | Nov 19, 2012 |
Wow! This is a very witty book! It is sure to make readers laugh! ( )
  alexcirasuolo | Oct 11, 2012 |

The Breakfast Bunch is excited for the upcoming bake sale—and the best part is that it's raising money for an awesome field trip.  But when all the snacks go missing, it's no laughing matter.  Someone is sabotaging the bake sale.  But why?

Lunch Lady and the Breakfast Bunch are hot on the trail . . . one brownie crumb at a time.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:38 -0400)

Lunch Lady, Betty, and the Breakfast Bunch must figure out who is stealing the goods from the bake sale.

Jarrett J. Krosoczka is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Jarrett J. Krosoczka chatted with LibraryThing members from Aug 17, 2009 to Aug 28, 2009. Read the chat.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,975,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible