Magic Dreams by Ilona Andrews
Title:Magic Dreams
Authors:Ilona Andrews
Info:Ace (2012), Kindle Edition, 86 pages
Tags:Paranormal, Anthology, Kindle

Hexed by Ilona Andrews (Contributor)

Magic Dreams by Ilona Andrews - 5 stars (or I just like Dali).
Ice Shards by Yasmine Galenorn - 2 (I don't know much about this world, so that could be the reason for lower rating).
Double Hexed by Allyson James - 4 stars (even though I don't know the background story yet).
Blood Debt by Jeanne C. Stein - 2.5

Aneris | Aug 12, 2016 |
I only read the Ilona Andrews story as it goes with the Kate Daniels series. ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |

Magic Dreams by Ilona Andrews (Kate Daniels #4.5)
In this one Dali and Jim fight together to bring down a Japanese demon. Dali is not a scary shifter, but she does know her magic. Jim is an alpha and they have always been at odds. That is you know they both like each other but never get together. So therefore I looked forward to reading this book knowing it would finally happen. Interesting mythology and in a way I did not feel like you had to have read the Kate Daniels series to understand the novella. Of course by having read them you would have met these two before and wanted the same thing I wanted. I enjoyed this novella.

Ice Shards by Yasmine Galenorn (Sisters of the Moon #9.5)
I never ever come across Finnish mythology and here I did. Iris Kuusi is a housesprite from Finland and she is going to the Northlands to find out if she killed someone 600 years ago. Ok I was a bit lost here at times, not really lost, but it was the fact that there have been 9 books in this series about three sisters. And this character who I guess is a minor character there. Also, they would not have had last names that far back and some names in it would not have been used. Still it was interesting in it's rich mythology. There seems to be a lot going on in that world (worlds).

Double Hexed by Allyson James (Stormwalker #3.5)
This one was my favourite because it really made me want to read the series behind it. Janet and her friends are trapped in her hotel because someone has put a hex on it. I found myself wanting to read more about Janet and her dragon lover Mick. Coyote was funny, the vampire seemed nice (when not crazed) and the rest of the cast interesting. It's a world I want to read about and book 1 made it to my wishlist.

Blood Debt by Jeanne C. Stein (Anna Strong Chronicles #6.5)
Yes 6 before this one but I never felt at loss. I got a bit of explanations what Anna was and what she had been through. In this book she stands trail for something she has done. And that made me know about her history. I would definitely be interested in reading her story from book 1. The writing and story was good and I do like kick-ass UF heroines.

Interesting novellas that made me want to read more about the worlds presented. And as always some better than other. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
I read Ilona's and Yasmine's stories. Enjoyed learning Iris' story and how they are bringing her forward. Cool side story in Kate's world too. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
So far I only read the Ilona Andrews story. ( )
  Belles007 | Jan 17, 2016 |

“Magic Dreams” by Ilona Andrews

“Ice Shards” by Yasmine Galenorn

“Double Hexed” by Allyson James

“Blood Debt” by Jeanne C. Stein

"Four of the bestselling names in romance and fantasy come together in this collection of thrilling novellas featuring powerful women who know how to handle a hex or two..."--P. [4] of cover.

114 wanted1 pay4 pay

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,702,347 books! | Top bar: Always visible