Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True…

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 11) (edition 2011)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:litalex
Title:Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 11)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace Hardcover (2011), Edition: 1 Mti, Hardcover, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:Sookie Stackhouse, paranormal

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris (Author)

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (Mind_Booster_Noori)
    Mind_Booster_Noori: This is the first of the series. If you like this book you should read the series, starting by the first (there's characters' development and references to previous books, so this series should be read in publishing order...)

English (158)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  Dutch (1)  English (161)
More like 3.5 stars but I rounded up because this was definitely better than Dead in the Family, though still lacking that certain something from earlier books. ( )
  Heather_Brock | Nov 23, 2016 |
I read this book as part of gearing up for #13, which I am super excited about, and come to find out - I don't think I read this one, or at least, I have no memories of reading it & there was no previous review for the book, though it was rated 4 stars on goodreads, a rating I agree on now.

Not a lot happens in this book to really further the overall series. Sookie has disaster after disaster fall upon her and more people want to kill her - business as usual in the Sookie universe. Most of the book is spent on hating one particular character, which I honestly don't get, even after musing on the subject for several days. Her relationship with Eric is very rocky in this one, and there are some promising moments with Bill, who I like more & more with each book.

So, my thoughts? Overall, I really liked this one, and I liked it more than Dead in the Family. I really like Dermot & continue to hope that we'll see more of him. We don't see a lot of Claude in this one, and he continues to creep me out. There's a smaller Pam thread in this book, we really get to see more of Pam's personal life & it's my favorite part of the book.

Sookie ends up a little more financially stable in this book, which I actually don't like. Being pretty broke myself, I always really identified with her the fact that she had to watch every penny & I used to cheer for her when she got a little extra money her way. Now that she doesn't seem to be worrying about money as much, I don't seem to like her as much. ( )
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
I think maybe Harris has run out of places for Sookie's storyline to go and supernatural creatures for her to meet. At this point, Sookie should be more careful about avoiding dangerous situations and whatnot. I think I'm tiring of this. ( )
  EmScape | Sep 19, 2016 |
Dear Bill,
I hate you. Go away.

Sincerely,
Me ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Not really mystery heavy but a lot of stuff with the characters, great action and events. Annoying there's so many unanswered questions waiting for next book, but I'll hold my breath and see (of course) ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |

Harris, CharlaineAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I have to dedicate this book to the memory of my mother: She would not have thought it strange to have an urban fantasy novel dedicated to her. She was my biggest fan and my most faithful reader. There was so much to admire about my mother. I miss her every day.
The attic had been kept locked until the day after my grandmother died.

"With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie Stackhouse witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. Sookie suspects otherwise, but her attention is divided when she realizes that her lover, Eric Northman, and his "child" Pam are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, Sookie is drawn into the plot--which is much more complicated than she knows. Caught up once again in the politics of the vampire world, Sookie will learn that she is as much of a pawn as any ordinary human--and that there is a new queen on the board..."--… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,671,569 books! | Top bar: Always visible