Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True…

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 11) (edition 2011)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:litalex
Title:Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 11)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace Hardcover (2011), Edition: 1 Mti, Hardcover, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:Sookie Stackhouse, paranormal

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (Mind_Booster_Noori)
    Mind_Booster_Noori: This is the first of the series. If you like this book you should read the series, starting by the first (there's characters' development and references to previous books, so this series should be read in publishing order...)

English (133)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (135)
Another fun read although I disliked the end with the way Eric treated Sookie. That didn't make sense to me. It was nice to see more of the story wrapped up, although even more possibilities have opened up. I'm definitely looking forward to the next one. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
It's better than the previous one.At least there is enough action to keep the story interesting.

I have a feeling that Eric is going to be out of the picture soon.And I don't like it at all.I am an Eric fan and I don't like the idea of Eric dragged out of Sookie's life by the author.She is doing it and it seems very forceful.May be I am partial about Eric's character and that's the reason I am feeling that way.Whatever,I don't like the idea at all.

Some things didn't make much sense,like how they killed Victor.They weren't subtle about it at all.They went into the fight full on battle mode swinging their blades.If they were just going to kill Victor and all of his minions just like that,why were they waiting for it so long?What are they going to tell the King?In the end,killing Victor was too easy and it wasn't reasonable.

The second thing,which was absolutely meaningless,was Sookie got naked to hide from the kidnappers.Who the hell thought of striping of their clothes to hide from kidnappers?It seemed to me there was no reason for it other than having a naked scene with Bill.It seems the author may arrange a love rectangle with Sookie,Eric,Bill and Sam.And I am not feeling good about it.I don't like either Bill or Sam.But seems like Sookiee is gonna end up with one of them.And I absolutely hate that idea.

I was way more interested in the fae part of the story.There is more to Sookie's fae relatives than just meet the eye.Claude is definitely after something but it wasn't revealed in this book.

So overall,my love for Sookie series is fading away but I will read the rest of the series anyway. ( )
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |
The usual vampire bubblegum, the book moves the series along but hardly progresses it. ( )
  Birdo82 | Jul 26, 2014 |
Summary for the 11th book in the series... Trying to do this without spoilers: Sookie has someone who wants her dead, some of her supernatural family is staying with her and she is learning more about her great-uncle, and Eric is in a political “battle”. Those are probably the main plotlines in this one.

I'm still liking the series. It's funny because, though I like that the day-to-day stuff continues (for instance, Sookie has a baby shower planned for a friend, also Merlotte's is struggling) while Sookie is trying to avoid being murdered – in so many other books, any day-to-day stuff just gets set aside – I have to admit that it doesn't make for as exciting a book as if the entire story focused on Sookie's survival. I'm still liking it, though, and I do appreciate the day-to-day stuff still happening. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jul 8, 2014 |
I would like to give this one 3.5 stars actually. It was really pretty good, although I can't say that I am happy with all of the author's choices. Dead Reckoning is full of dramatic tension that will probably reverberate throughout the next few Sookie books - Harris has left us plenty to wonder about aqnd disect here. For my part however, I am most excited about the next season of TrueBlood coming soon! ( )
  susanbevans | Jul 1, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I have to dedicate this book to the memory of my mother: She would not have thought it strange to have an urban fantasy novel dedicated to her. She was my biggest fan and my most faithful reader. There was so much to admire about my mother. I miss her every day.
The attic had been kept locked until the day after my grandmother died.

"With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie Stackhouse witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. Sookie suspects otherwise, but her attention is divided when she realizes that her lover, Eric Northman, and his "child" Pam are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, Sookie is drawn into the plot--which is much more complicated than she knows. Caught up once again in the politics of the vampire world, Sookie will learn that she is as much of a pawn as any ordinary human--and that there is a new queen on the board..."--… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,346,890 books! | Top bar: Always visible