Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True…

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 11) (edition 2011)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:litalex
Title:Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 11)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace Hardcover (2011), Edition: 1 Mti, Hardcover, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:Sookie Stackhouse, paranormal

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

2011 (62) 2012 (14) Charlaine Harris (22) ebook (42) fae (20) faerie (19) fairies (41) fantasy (142) fiction (173) horror (23) Kindle (28) Louisiana (31) mystery (89) paranormal (79) paranormal romance (40) read (42) read in 2011 (43) romance (62) series (59) shapeshifters (52) Sookie (27) Sookie Stackhouse (140) Sookie Stackhouse Series (16) supernatural (66) to-read (55) True Blood (22) urban fantasy (83) vampires (303) werewolves (78) witches (14)
    Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (Mind_Booster_Noori)
    Mind_Booster_Noori: This is the first of the series. If you like this book you should read the series, starting by the first (there's characters' development and references to previous books, so this series should be read in publishing order...)

English (130)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (132)
Summary for the 11th book in the series... Trying to do this without spoilers: Sookie has someone who wants her dead, some of her supernatural family is staying with her and she is learning more about her great-uncle, and Eric is in a political “battle”. Those are probably the main plotlines in this one.

I'm still liking the series. It's funny because, though I like that the day-to-day stuff continues (for instance, Sookie has a baby shower planned for a friend, also Merlotte's is struggling) while Sookie is trying to avoid being murdered – in so many other books, any day-to-day stuff just gets set aside – I have to admit that it doesn't make for as exciting a book as if the entire story focused on Sookie's survival. I'm still liking it, though, and I do appreciate the day-to-day stuff still happening. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jul 8, 2014 |
I would like to give this one 3.5 stars actually. It was really pretty good, although I can't say that I am happy with all of the author's choices. Dead Reckoning is full of dramatic tension that will probably reverberate throughout the next few Sookie books - Harris has left us plenty to wonder about aqnd disect here. For my part however, I am most excited about the next season of TrueBlood coming soon! ( )
  susanbevans | Jul 1, 2014 |
finally, a question of mine has been answered. it seems like she is closing things up on this series. i'm wondering how it will end. ( )
  jodiesohl | May 31, 2014 |
At first my reaction was okay
Then as I got further into the book I was having more of this reaction.

My hope for the next book.

Not much so let's just go get drunk instead. ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
Agh. I know these go for unresolved endings because the series is going to go on until the end of time, but there was one thing left open that was irritating to me. Oh well. Next time, Ms. Harris. Next time. ( )
  fefferbooks | May 12, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I have to dedicate this book to the memory of my mother: She would not have thought it strange to have an urban fantasy novel dedicated to her. She was my biggest fan and my most faithful reader. There was so much to admire about my mother. I miss her every day.
The attic had been kept locked until the day after my grandmother died.

"With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie Stackhouse witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. Sookie suspects otherwise, but her attention is divided when she realizes that her lover, Eric Northman, and his "child" Pam are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, Sookie is drawn into the plot--which is much more complicated than she knows. Caught up once again in the politics of the vampire world, Sookie will learn that she is as much of a pawn as any ordinary human--and that there is a new queen on the board..."--… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,494,843 books! | Top bar: Always visible