Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True…

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 11) (edition 2011)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:litalex
Title:Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 11)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace Hardcover (2011), Edition: 1 Mti, Hardcover, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:Sookie Stackhouse, paranormal

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (Mind_Booster_Noori)
    Mind_Booster_Noori: This is the first of the series. If you like this book you should read the series, starting by the first (there's characters' development and references to previous books, so this series should be read in publishing order...)

English (152)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (155)
I got the sense from skimming other reviews that other readers were extremely disappointed in this installment. Yes, I agree with one reader's assertion that treating one's nether regions with an ice pack after a robust lovemaking session seems pretty odd, but I've had this problem with Charlaine Harris before (for instance, in my review of [b:Definitely Dead|140079|Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6)|Charlaine Harris|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1311363493s/140079.jpg|1174101], I noted that I wasn't sure whether "dry humping counts as a sex scene, but apparently it's just as satisfying as the real thing, if Charlaine Harris is to be believed.")

But I'm not (and I'm sure you're not either) reading Sookie Stackhouse for the sex scenes, because obviously there are scores of other places to turn for that. This book gave me everything I wanted: it was a storyline that was warm and welcoming as I slipped back into it, even though it's been over a year since I read the last one. Some mysteries were partially untangled, others developed at an alarming pace, and the balance of tension and comic relief was remarkably well done. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
I really liked this series at the beginning. At around book 6 things got...wierd. While I did plow through this really fast, I'm not sure what exactly happened that required telling. The characters did a lot of stuff, said some shit, people died, then it was over. But WHY? If this was a setup for the next book, shame on you Charlaine.

Sucker that I am, I'm going to buy the next one. I'm too far into the series now to give up just yet. If the same irrelevant shit happens again, then I'm done. By the way, just how many books will there be? Jeesh. ( )
  ReneeMiller | Feb 25, 2016 |
Once again not much plot! Why do I keep reading these? Light relief and Sookie is quite entertaining.
  Laurochka | Feb 6, 2016 |
Nothing really happened in this book. It was fine and I love visiting Sookie's world, but this was obviously a transitional book. I know they need to happen (or do they?) but it's always a disappointment when it's happening. ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
Not my favorite. The plot seemed to only set up for the next book. Too much death, not enough sex. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I have to dedicate this book to the memory of my mother: She would not have thought it strange to have an urban fantasy novel dedicated to her. She was my biggest fan and my most faithful reader. There was so much to admire about my mother. I miss her every day.
The attic had been kept locked until the day after my grandmother died.

"With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie Stackhouse witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. Sookie suspects otherwise, but her attention is divided when she realizes that her lover, Eric Northman, and his "child" Pam are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, Sookie is drawn into the plot--which is much more complicated than she knows. Caught up once again in the politics of the vampire world, Sookie will learn that she is as much of a pawn as any ordinary human--and that there is a new queen on the board..."--… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,252,150 books! | Top bar: Always visible