Nightwolves Coalition by Clarrissa Lee Moon

Nightwolves Coalition (edition 2011)

by Clarrissa Lee Moon (Author)

Member:bm2ng
Title:Nightwolves Coalition
Authors:Clarrissa Lee Moon (Author)
Info:World Castle Publishing (2011), 274 pages
Tags:to-read

Nightwolves Coalition by Clarrissa Lee Moon

Nightwolves Coalition is my second taste of Clarrissa Lee Moon (the first being Celeste Nites), and it has definitely prompted me to clear a little space on the virtual book shelf for more.

Once again, Clarrissa presents us with a strong female lead who manages to be sexy without losing any of the respect she demands as a kick-ass heroine. Hell, this woman has not 1, not 2, but 3 mates, and she comes across as not only worthy of all three, but entirely capable of keeping her men in line.

Smartly keeping this from being just another urban fantasy/paranormal romance, Clarrissa introduces a high-tech thriller element, with Catrina getting involved with the military elite – only after, of course, they discover her vampiric nature during a botched hijacking attempt. I say vampiric, because she’s something new to the genre, a woman granted supernatural powers as a reward for her past services, and who remains unencumbered by the usual weaknesses of the vampire.

This definitely a story that puts action above romance, danger above eroticism, and it works very well. The pacing does lag a bit in places (usually when it gets deep into explanations), but not so much that it draws you out of the narrative. The depth of imagination displayed in the world-building and mythology is wonderful, and I suspect she’s only scratched the surface in this volume.

I’m definitely looking forward to more, discovering what happens next, and discovering more about the battles that condemned Catrina to the astral plane for so long. Well worth a read! ( )
  bibrarybookslut | Jul 5, 2017 |
I am a little torn with this book. I was really loving it. I was really into this story, I mean it had magic, vampires, gods and goddesses, demi-gods, covens, werewolves, demons, jinn and special forces all rolled up into a really great attention getting story ... but then it gets preachy and anti Christianity ... I read to enjoy the fantasy world the author created ... not to have their religious beliefs thrown out there. If it was a few passing comments, I would of just blown it off but it got pretty "soap boxy" before it got back to the story which just threw the whole story off for me. So here's my rating, would of been a solid 4 1/2 stars for me but the "preachiness" killed the flow so I'm going with 3 1/2 stars. ( )
  tometender | Oct 28, 2012 |
  tometender | Oct 28, 2012 |
Divine Treat from an Awesome Storyteller

Catrina is a confident, mouthy, strong, sexy female leader who is here on Earth as a protector. Events have been set in motion that, according to prophecy, will culminate in a series of disasters immense in scope and magnitude by the end of 2012. The cataclysm will have physical as well as metaphysical ramifications. Cat is a Priestess who has come from another place. For fifteen years she has existed only on the astral plane, cursed by an enemy sent from her evil earthly father. Finally, though, Cat broke the curse and now she is looking forward to spending some quality time with her three husbands – her soul mates. As a reward for the previous service Cat and her husbands were given physical enhancements that give them super physical and psychic abilities almost like those a vampire would possess but without most of the limitations commonly associated with vampires.

Catrina is a passenger on a plane whose destination is New York. Her husbands are eagerly anticipating her arrival. Enroute, the plane is hijacked by terrorists. Cat goes into action…grab your popcorn because you will be biting your nails otherwise. The old saying “No good deed ever goes unpunished” is an apt one as Cat is later detained and interrogated for her actions aboard the jet. Then the story truly unfolds as Cat’s family is introduced and an uneasy alliance with a highly skilled Special Forces Team is established.

The action is intense, choreographed with an eye to detail, and the relationships that emerge as a result of the alliance are complex and interesting. At one point I was brought to tears by a tender moment. A few pages later, I found myself scrambling to cool down by turning on the overhead fans. Clarrissa Moon knows how to write a captivating story that wrings out emotion in a cathartic, fully engrossing way sure to leave the reader gasping before feeling that intense satisfaction of the temporarily sated. The next book is Nightwolves on the Prowl. I am going to grab some more popcorn and discover the new adventures that await in the next installment. ( )
  Laurie170 | Nov 22, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,560,814 books! | Top bar: Always visible