Waterfall: A Novel (River of Time Series) by…

Waterfall: A Novel (River of Time Series) (edition 2011)

by Lisa T. Bergren

Member:terriko
Title:Waterfall: A Novel (River of Time Series)
Authors:Lisa T. Bergren
Info:David C. Cook (2011), Edition: New, Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:**

Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren

Summary: While excavating a Tuscan tomb with their mom during summer vacation, Gabi and Lia find themselves transported back to medieval times and a fierce battle between two knights and their forces.
Personal Reaction:I read all three books over the weekend. I loved them. This book grabbed me from the beginning.
Historical fiction mixed in with a bit of romance...perfect. The book was full of adventure, battles, and characters that were well developed.
Classroom Extension: The book has more extensive historical knowledge from their travels with their parents, along with foreign language skills and use of archaic weaponry. This was a clean read with some faith elements but not very much, not sure if would be a Christian fiction.
-I would recommend this to students interested in YA books and I would purchase them for MS or HS library. ( )
  LorraineAllen | Jan 23, 2015 |
Fifteen-year-old Lia and seventeen-year-old Gabriella’s mother is an archaeologist of Etruscan tombs in Italy. They’ve been warned to never go into any of her tombs or touch anything but, bored with the lack of interesting things for teenagers to do in the small village, they disobey and sneak into a tomb. Read the rest of my review on my blog "Should I read it or not?": http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/waterfall-lisa-t-bergren/ ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
Young Adult? No problem. Time travel romance? Sign me up, there are never enough of them! I was excited to read this one. The cover was promising and the story seemed right up my alley. Two sisters, unexpectedly swept back in time to medieval Italy where they encounter adventure and romance in their desperate attempt to get back to the future? How could that not be awesome? I don't know, maybe I'm just spoiled by the more imaginative stories of [a:Lynn Kurland|10359|Lynn Kurland|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1282191556p2/10359.jpg] and [a:Jude Deveraux|28574|Jude Deveraux|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1208371178p2/28574.jpg]. But it never really engaged me on a deeper level, and I don't need to read the sequel. If we could give half-stars, I would rate this one 2.5 stars. ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
Really like this book it was different and exciting. Time travel into the 1400's. ( )
  SparklePonies | Mar 22, 2014 |
I'm a sucker for time travel romance, so I enjoyed that aspect of this book. I wish Gabi's vernacular had been consistent throughout the book, rather than flipping back and forth between fancy 14th century speak to teen speak from today. It was disorienting and distracting. The action was constant throughout, which I enjoyed, and Marcellus and Luca were both yummy love interests. ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
Take a new step,

uttering a new word,

is what people fear most.

-Dostoevsky
For Liv and Emma:

I love you. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

-Mama
Okay, fast forward.

Gabriella has never spent a summer in Italy like this one.
Remaining means giving up all she’s known and loved…
and leaving means forfeiting what she’s come to know…and love itself.

Most American teenagers want a vacation in Italy, but the Bentarrini sisters have spent every summer of their lives with their parents, famed Etruscan scholars, among the romantic hills. Stuck among the rubble of medieval castles in rural Tuscany on yet another hot, dusty archeological site, Gabi and Lia are bored out of their minds… until Gabi places her hand atop a handprint in an ancient tomb and finds herself in fourteenth-century Italy. And worse yet, in the middle of a fierce battle between knights of two opposing forces.
And thus does she come to be rescued by the knight-prince Marcello Falassi, who takes her back to his father’s castle—a castle Gabi has seen in ruins in another life. Suddenly Gabi’s summer in Italy is much, much more interesting. But what do you do when your knight in shining armor lives, literally, in a different world?

Most American teenagers want a vacation in Italy, but the Bentarrini sisters have spent every summer of their lives with their parents, famed Etruscan scholars, among the romantic hills. Stuck among the rubble of medieval castles in rural Tuscany on yet another hot, dusty archaeological site, Gabi and Lia are bored out of their minds-- until Gabi places her hand atop a handprint in an ancient tomb and finds herself in fourteenth-century Italy. And worse yet, in the middle of a fierce battle between knights of two opposing forces. And thus does she come to be rescued by the knight-prince Marcello Falassi, who takes her back to his father's castle--a castle Gabi has seen in ruins in another life. Suddenly Gabi's summer in Italy is much, much more interesting. But what do you do when your knight in shining armor lives, literally, in a different world?… (more)

103 wanted3 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,247,682 books! | Top bar: Always visible