Smokin' Seventeen: A Stephanie Plum Novel…

Smokin' Seventeen: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Stephanie Plum Novels) (edition 2011)

by Janet Evanovich

1,839None3,764 (3.67)90
Member:debnance
Title:Smokin' Seventeen: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Stephanie Plum Novels)
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Bantam (2011), Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages

Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich

2011 (46) 2012 (11) audio (13) audiobook (21) bounty hunter (50) chick lit (18) comedy (10) contemporary (8) cozy mystery (8) crime (14) crime fiction (7) detective (9) ebook (24) fiction (115) hardcover (9) humor (105) Janet Evanovich (14) Kindle (12) murder (9) mystery (198) New Jersey (41) Plum (10) read (32) read in 2011 (28) romance (28) series (32) Stephanie Plum (103) Stephanie Plum Series (18) to-read (33) Trenton (8)

This is officially my last read in the Stephanie Plum series.
I can't remember the difference between any of the stories/books anymore. I liked Stephanie's ditzy but down-to-hearth personality (where are my Tastykakes?), but she is not evolving or maturing (still living in a crappy apartment with that hamster of yours?). The love triangle was fun for a bit, but enough already, babe, pick one!

I could go through one of these in a couple of days, but started #17 a month and 1/2 ago and can't bring myself to finish it.

It was fun while it lasted Stephanie... ( )
  Livana | Jan 4, 2014 |
Better than the 16th book, nowhere near as good as the beginning of the series. ( )
  scote23 | Dec 26, 2013 |
Meh Part 2. I read this just after the new Sookie Stackhouse book and both series were once favorites but have lost their mojo. What's saving Stephanie Plum at this point is the secondary characters, Lula still cracks me up as does Grandma. The rest of it? Well, there's still no resolution with the whole Ranger/Joe thing (I used to care - now just pick one already). Another car blows up, Stephanie and Lula screw up their captures and there's some odd animal thrown in the mix. It's gotten pretty formulaic and for a while that formula was working but now it's pretty worn out. So 3 stars for the chuckles and the fondness I had built up for these characters over the series. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
I can only say that this is another Stephanie Plum novel. Nothing new and exciting happens. It is the same story line over and over again. I keep reading them because they are short, fun reads not because I expect anything out of them. I do have to say that I was really disappointed and annoyed that Stephanie keeps cheating on Morelli with Ranger and then getting upset at the thought that Morelli is sleeping with someone else. I know this is fiction but after seventeen books you can't help but get attached to some of the characters. ( )
  Tara714 | Oct 17, 2013 |
These books are getting a bit repetitive. They're always funny though. ( )
  frostyprincess | Oct 13, 2013 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thanks to Shirley Eng for suggesting the title for this book.
My Grandma Mazur called me early this morning.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire, and no one knows this better than New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. Dead bodies are showing up in shallow graves on the empty construction lot of Vincent Plum Bail Bonds. No one is sure who the killer is, or why the victims have been offed, but what is clear is that Stephanie’s name is on the killer’s list.
Short on time to find evidence proving the killer’s identity, Stephanie faces further complications when her family and friends decide that it’s time for her to choose between her longtime off-again-on-again boyfriend, Trenton cop Joe Morelli, and the bad boy in her life, security expert Ranger. Stephanie’s mom is encouraging Stephanie to dump them both and choose a former high school football star who’s just returned to town. Stephanie’s sidekick, Lula, is encouraging Stephanie to have a red-hot boudoir “bake-off.” And Grandma Bella, Morelli’s old-world grandmother, is encouraging Stephanie to move to a new state when she puts “the eye” on Stephanie.
With a cold-blooded killer after her, a handful of hot men, and a capture list that includes a dancing bear and a senior citizen vampire, Stephanie’s life looks like it’s about to go up in smoke.
(The hardcover edition of Smokin’ Seventeen contains two smokin’ hot stickers inside!)

Where there's smoke there's fire, and no one knows this better than New Jersey bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum. The bail bonds office has burned to the ground, and bodies are turning up in the empty construction lot. To make matters worse, Stephanie is working out of a motor home she shares with a dancing bear, and Joe Morelli's old-world grandmother has declared a vendetta against her. And just when Stephanie decides it might be time to choose between the two men in her life, Morelli and Ranger, a third man from Stephanie's past moves back to Trenton...… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,503,810 books! | Top bar: Always visible