Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich

Smokin' Seventeen (edition 2011)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:Hanneri
Title:Smokin' Seventeen
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Headline Publishing Group (2011), Paperback
Rating:***
Tags:Chick Lit

Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich

English (126)  Piratical (1)  All languages (127)
Enjoyable as always. ( )
  jodiesohl | Jun 25, 2016 |
I absolutely loved this book! It has been one of my favorites from the whole series. The ending, however, frustrated me because I wanted to know who Stephanie chose, lol! I am so looking forward to November and the release of Explosive Eighteen. This is one of my favorite series, ever! ( )
  butterfly58 | Jun 4, 2016 |
Another great addition to the Plum series. In a way I just want her to pick someone and then I'm remember that would pretty much end the series so I'm content again. I just love Lula! LoL can't wait for 18!! ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Wow I am surprissed at all the great reviews... Stepanie havin sex with Ranger should have been something more then vordo..and so out of character to just have spontaneous quickies with ranger...ugh...the story was so close to being good but it was never bout steph and ll bout Lula and the side kicks perhaps its time to chose ranger or morelli and retire the series! ( )
  nraichlin | Jan 26, 2016 |

Vinnie's has been burned to the ground

His father-in-law owns the business & is on him

They are working out of the Mooner's R.V.

They have found a body of a missing local mobster. They know that it was not a mob hit, because his diamond & ruby pinkie ring is still on his finger & someone dug the hole & shoved him under the garbage cans.... mob hits are no-find-the-body hits

Bella, Joe's grandmother got into an argument with Stephanie @ the donut shop & puts the "eye" on her. everywhere Stephanie turns is Bella.... and every time Stephanie sees her, well there's another eye!

Her first skip is a "biter", as in vampire....and of course he skips past Stephanie & Lula as well

There's a new man hanging around Stephanie, he's a great cook & Stephanie's Mother & Gramma Mazur Love him

More mobsters begin showing up in the form of corpses... some with notes for Stephanie

Of course there's HOTTIE Morelli (who actually tells Stephanie he loves her) and there is Smokin Hot Ranger

The end is leading directly to the next book.....

I have to say that I didn't have any high hope for this book, but I was mildly surprised

I liked this so much more than 15 (which was stinky and made me want to give up). I didn't find this as funny as many of the other books but I was smiling. But more importantly, Lula & Stephanie were semi-normal, well as normal as the pair of them could be.... they were not comic caricatures of inanity as they were in 15.

I did figure out who the murderer was almost at the beginning, and of course, the formula is the same..... What would the series be if it didn't follow the formula?

This was a very light and entertaining read, which was not overdone for a change.... It seems as Evanovich gave this book some thought before having it published, and that was a huge relief. I'm thinking I'll be reading 18 when it comes out in November. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thanks to Shirley Eng for suggesting the title for this book.
My Grandma Mazur called me early this morning.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire, and no one knows this better than New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. Dead bodies are showing up in shallow graves on the empty construction lot of Vincent Plum Bail Bonds. No one is sure who the killer is, or why the victims have been offed, but what is clear is that Stephanie’s name is on the killer’s list.
Short on time to find evidence proving the killer’s identity, Stephanie faces further complications when her family and friends decide that it’s time for her to choose between her longtime off-again-on-again boyfriend, Trenton cop Joe Morelli, and the bad boy in her life, security expert Ranger. Stephanie’s mom is encouraging Stephanie to dump them both and choose a former high school football star who’s just returned to town. Stephanie’s sidekick, Lula, is encouraging Stephanie to have a red-hot boudoir “bake-off.” And Grandma Bella, Morelli’s old-world grandmother, is encouraging Stephanie to move to a new state when she puts “the eye” on Stephanie.
With a cold-blooded killer after her, a handful of hot men, and a capture list that includes a dancing bear and a senior citizen vampire, Stephanie’s life looks like it’s about to go up in smoke.
(The hardcover edition of Smokin’ Seventeen contains two smokin’ hot stickers inside!)

Where there's smoke there's fire, and no one knows this better than New Jersey bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum. The bail bonds office has burned to the ground, and bodies are turning up in the empty construction lot. To make matters worse, Stephanie is working out of a motor home she shares with a dancing bear, and Joe Morelli's old-world grandmother has declared a vendetta against her. And just when Stephanie decides it might be time to choose between the two men in her life, Morelli and Ranger, a third man from Stephanie's past moves back to Trenton...… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,725,451 books! | Top bar: Always visible