The Lean Belly Prescription: The fast and…

The Lean Belly Prescription: The fast and foolproof diet and weight-loss…

by Travis Stork M.D.

222476,730 (4)None

As someone who has a terrible time trying to eat right, and has a belly that is steadily getting bigger as the years go by, this book is scaring the crap out of me, because the damage that belly fat can do to a person is downright frightening. I want you to get as scared as I did, because being overweight and having belly fat is no laughing matter. Dr. Travis Stork is the host of the television show The Doctors, and he is also an E.R. doctor at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville. Every day, he sees the effects of belly fat on his patients. One thing I learned from this book is that “one of the most important indicators of how well a patient will manage a health crisis is how much excess weight he or she is carrying. In fact, research suggests that obese people are 37% more likely to die from injuries sustained in a car crash than people of ideal weight.” ( )
  nerdgirlblogger | Jun 25, 2011 |
Book Review of The Lean Belly Prescription Book by Dr. Travis Stork
Doctor Travis Stork is on the TV show, The Doctors. His book is a "prescription" on how to lose weight and maintain a healthy life style.
The contents of the book are:
viii: Foreword by David Zinczenko, Editor-in-Chief of Men's Health and Editorial Director of Women's Health.
x: Acknowledgements
xi: The Killer Fat Within
xviii: The Lean Belly Prescription At-A-Glance
Chapter 1: The Promise of Living Lean
Chapter 2: All Your Weight Worries-Solved!
Chapter 3:Change Your Body, Change Your Life
Chapter 4:Your PICK 3 TO LEAN Prescription
Chapter 5:Perfect Life Belly Foods
Chapter 6:The 24-Hour Fat Burn
Chapter 7: The World's Easiest Exercise Plan
Chapter 8: Countdown to a Lean Belly
Also Sections on: Special Bonus Strategies, The Lean Belly Prescription Kitchen Makeover, Lose Weight 24/7 and Workouts That Don't Feel Like Work
Doctor Stork is an Emergency Room Doctor and sees every possible health problem. His program has benefits such as losing weight and enjoying life more.
The Prescription allows one to choose her/his own plan. The plan is to Pick 3 to Lean and there are 8 options for you to choose. 1) "I love cheese and yogurt". 2) "I love pasta and rice". 3) " I love soda". 4) " I love to graze". 5) " I love breakfast" 6) "I love to snack". 7) " I love milk shakes". 8) "I love fatty foods.". He suggests that you begin with three picks.
There are recipes in the book that comes with the grocery list. The exercises have pictures to show one how to do the exercises and there is a section on 20 ways to stick to your workout. Stock your kitchen and change your life is a helpful and healthy section on page 68-79.
The Conclusion on page 255 is "Where do you want to be 4 weeks from now?". "The investments you'll make today will pay off tomorrow, next month, and for years to come. Now's the time to seize a healthier, happier future- and make it your own.".
I recommend this book, it is a lifestyle not a diet book.
I received The Lean Belly Prescription from Pssst, a General Mills Site when I entered a contest. The opinions are my own.
Leona Olson

"At General Mills, we value the feedback we receive from our consumers and we recognize the importance and relevance of your emails and calls. Pssst…is another way for General Mills to reach out to consumers and tap them for input on our newest product launches. We want Pssst…members’ honest opinions, and we hope they’ll help spread the word to family and friends when they discover various products they like. Pssst membership is free" ( )
  mnleona | Jun 7, 2011 |

Heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, sleep disorders, even sexual dysfunction-- all can result from carrying too much weight. Travis arms you with simple strategies that will help you lose weight fast, safely, and forever.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,719,545 books! | Top bar: Always visible