Patient Zero: A Joe Ledger Novel by Jonathan…

Patient Zero: A Joe Ledger Novel (edition 2009)

by Jonathan Maberry

Title:Patient Zero: A Joe Ledger Novel
Authors:Jonathan Maberry
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2009), Edition: Original, Paperback, 421 pages

Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry

Recently added byprivate library, LacyLK, Irena., firstfloor1, bralee21, TeachesNTennies
    The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro (Joles)
    Joles: Undead creatures that reanimate with a nice bit of real-world science thrown in.
    Tooth and Nail by Craig Dilouie (magnumpigg)
    magnumpigg: Actually, this is my favorite Zombie book to date. The soldiers here are much more human and not quite as over-the-top heroic as Maberry's.
    The Breach by Patrick Lee (cdhtenn2k10)
    Pulse by Jeremy Robinson (cdhtenn2k10)
    The Dragon Factory by Jonathan Maberry (JacobDecker)
    JacobDecker: a continuation of this series.
    Resurrection: Zombie Epic by Tim Curran (magnumpigg)
    magnumpigg: again, noticed no mention in other recommend lists.
    Quarantined by Joe McKinney (magnumpigg)
    magnumpigg: fun zombie read. noticed it was not mentioned in the other recommend lists.
    Heart-Shaped Box: A Novel by Joe Hill (kraaivrouw)
    Legacies by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)
    Severance Package by Duane Swierczynski (JasonBrownPDX)
    Event by David L. Golemon (Scottneumann, cdhtenn2k10)
    Wet Work by Philip Nutman (ShelfMonkey)

jim.antares | Nov 12, 2015 |
I picked this book up after reading the Rot & Ruin - Benny Imura series. My students and I absolutely loved those books and were starving for more.

I wasn't disappointed. This book was more technical and a bit more dry than the Rot & Ruin series, which was fine since it wasn't YA.

However, I (stupidly) didn't realize the Joe Ledger series was a prequel (or Rot & Ruin a sequel?) to the other series. I won't give any specific spoilers - but it made the both series a little more heartbreaking to read.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who has (or hasn't yet) read the Rot & Ruin - Benny Imura series. ( )
  TeachesNTennies | Oct 30, 2015 |
I don't even know where to begin to review this amazing book. My mind exploded with awesomness. The well rounded characters, the plot line, the gore. It was fantastic.It keeps you on the edge of your seat with every page turn. Jonathan Maberry has made it to the very top of favorite authors list, and that is not easily done. I applaud your talent Mr. Maberry. You have found yourself another devoted fan. ( )
  Jaqe | Jul 7, 2015 |
James Bond meets terroist with Zombie pathogen. I found myself unable to put it down.Now I have to read the other 3 books, that are supposed to move on to different subjects same characters. ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
Anyone who's read Jonathan Maberry's Pine Deep Trilogy, which culminated with last year's BAD MOON RISING, knows that the martial artist-turned-Bram Stoker Award-winning author likes his kill counts in the stratosphere.
added by stephmo | editFangoria (Jan 21, 2009)

Jonathan Maberryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bennett, JonathanDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Grom, RobCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Unhappy the land that is need of heroes. - Bertolt Brecht
Until the day of his death, no man can be sure of his courage - Jean Anouilh
Wild, dark times are rumbling toward us, and the prophet who wishes to write a new apocalypse will have to invent entirely new beasts, and beasts so terrible that the ancient animal symbols of St. John will seem like cooing doves and cupids in comparison. - Heinrich Heine
This book is dedicated
to the often unsung
and overlooked heroes
who work in covert operations
and the intelligence communities.
When you have to kill the same terrorist twice in one week, then there's either something wrong with your skills or something wrong with your world.

When you have to kill the same terrorist twice in one week there's either something wrong with your world or something wrong with your skills... and there's nothing wrong with Joe Ledger's skills.  And that's both a good, and a bad thing.  It's good because he's a Baltimore detective that has just been secretly recruited by the government to lead a new taskforce created to deal with the problems that Homeland Security can't handle. This rapid response group is called the Department of Military Sciences or the DMS for short. It's bad because his first mission is to help stop a group of terrorists from releasing a dreadful bio-weapon that can turn ordinary people into zombies. The fate of the world hangs in the balance....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:12 -0400)

Baltimore detective Joe Ledger leads a new task force created to deal with problems that Homeland Security can't handle. His first mission is to stop terrorists from releasing a bioweapon that can turn people into zombies.

Jonathan Maberry is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Jonathan Maberry chatted with LibraryThing members from Mar 22, 2010 to Apr 4, 2010. Read the chat.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,877,343 books! | Top bar: Always visible