Arrr! (Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day)

Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't…

Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) (edition 2011)

by Sarah Mlynowski

Member:Bookswithbite
Title:Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have)
Authors:Sarah Mlynowski
Info:HarperTeen (2011), Hardcover, 368 pages

Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski

English (29)  German (1)  All languages (30)
This was such a relaxing, fun read! The characters are crazy. The story is hilarious. This book is insane!

So, April had the opportunity to live with her friend Vi because her parents will move to Cleveland. She requested that she should not go with them because it's in the middle of the school year. Well, request granted. It was not because her parents are not strict but because April and Vi lied, bigtime. So what do these girls did when they have no parents' supervision? I tell you what, CRAZY THINGS.

April as the main character is great. Sometimes, she just go with the flow but other times, she stood up for herself. I liked it when she saved their cat from dying. I kind of hate her when she played blind and dumb when it was so obvious that her boyfriend cheated on her. I actually pity her somehow. She prepared so much for the night she and Noah (her boyfriend) will going to have sex for the first time! And then she would know later that she have STD. STD!

I like Vi. She might be obnoxious and stubborn but she was really a great friend. I did not agree about their lying but everything was just so much fun that I forget the lying part. Vi's commitment issues were quite understandable so I didn't really blame her for being afraid.

Argh. I knew it! I knew there's a reason why I didn't like Noah that much at the first place. I just want to punch guys like that. It was so infuriating. He's such a jerk telling April those things when in fact, he's the one who cheated. I hate cheaters. I mean, who doesn't?

I also liked the other characters in the book simply because they made the story more fun to read. They have interesting characteristics that certainly make readers like them.

If you guys want to laugh so hard until you feel like you might die, then this book is for you! This is not for those who want deep, meaningful plot. This book is just so good to relieve stress. Okay, that is all. ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |

margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |

This book is really good. It's a different kind of book. It was a quick read and had me interested the whole time. This is one of the few books I read where I actually love the end. I love Hudson and I'm so glad April is with him at the end of the book. Hudson is such a good guy. I didn't really like Noah. I felt he got jealous too much and I can't believe he cheated on April. I also loved the main character. I recommend this book. I give it five stars! ( )
  stephanie.dicesare.7 | Jun 25, 2014 |

stephanie.dicesare.7 | Jun 25, 2014 |
I was really looking forward to reading this book, but it was definitely a disappointment. It was a very quick read, but only because it lacked any substance.

The main character was not believable at all. She was definitely not relatable. Not only would I never have done ANYTHING she did, but I don't even know anyone who would do anything she did.

The plot was shallow and disjointed, many things made no sense, and the character motivations were convenient to the plot, but weren't anything realistic.

elezotte | May 7, 2014 |
I bolted awake. A siren.

Oh no! April's life, after just getting good, is about to be set off track. She's moving to another state! Her mind races and finally a solution comes to mind- Vi! She can move in with her spunky, independent friend, Vi. But it takes lies to get her there, along the way she does every parents' nightmare on the way to finding herself and figuring out family and relationship issues....

Sixteen-year-old April, a high school junior, and her friend Vi, a senior, get a crash course in reality as the list of things they should not do becomes a list of things they did while living parent-free in Westport, Connecticut, for the semester.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,696,648 books! | Top bar: Always visible