Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't…

Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) (edition 2011)

by Sarah Mlynowski

Member:Bookswithbite
Title:Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have)
Authors:Sarah Mlynowski
Info:HarperTeen (2011), Hardcover, 368 pages

Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski

English (27)  German (1)  All languages (28)

This book is really good. It's a different kind of book. It was a quick read and had me interested the whole time. This is one of the few books I read where I actually love the end. I love Hudson and I'm so glad April is with him at the end of the book. Hudson is such a good guy. I didn't really like Noah. I felt he got jealous too much and I can't believe he cheated on April. I also loved the main character. I recommend this book. I give it five stars! ( )
  stephanie.dicesare.7 | Jun 25, 2014 |

stephanie.dicesare.7 | Jun 25, 2014 |
I was really looking forward to reading this book, but it was definitely a disappointment. It was a very quick read, but only because it lacked any substance.

The main character was not believable at all. She was definitely not relatable. Not only would I never have done ANYTHING she did, but I don't even know anyone who would do anything she did.

The plot was shallow and disjointed, many things made no sense, and the character motivations were convenient to the plot, but weren't anything realistic.

elezotte | May 7, 2014 |
Overall, this was a quick, fun read that teens can easily relate to, despite the abnormal circumstances. See full review here: http://tahleenreads.blogspot.com/2012/01/review-ten-things-we-did-and-probably.h... ( )
  Tahleen | Feb 16, 2014 |
This book was fantastic! The voice was spot on teen throughout. The characterizations (particularly the relationship with Noah) were believable and sucked me right in. The last third of the book was really my favorite, the way she feels about her father. I won't say more than that because I don't want to give anything away. :)

She made mention of 'black spots' way too many times as a descriptor of panic/shock, but other than that, the writing felt effortless. I did think that the last few paragraphs of the book felt like they were tacked on as an expected "right thing to do" rather than being true to the book.

All in all, I'm so glad I read it. It was fab! ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 7, 2014 |
I bolted awake. A siren.

Oh no! April's life, after just getting good, is about to be set off track. She's moving to another state! Her mind races and finally a solution comes to mind- Vi! She can move in with her spunky, independent friend, Vi. But it takes lies to get her there, along the way she does every parents' nightmare on the way to finding herself and figuring out family and relationship issues....

Sixteen-year-old April, a high school junior, and her friend Vi, a senior, get a crash course in reality as the list of things they should not do becomes a list of things they did while living parent-free in Westport, Connecticut, for the semester.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,609,239 books! | Top bar: Always visible