Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepard

Never Have I Ever

by Sara Shepard

Pro: Good pacing
Con: Cliff hanger ending

Pro: Characters are flushing out
Con: Random parade of name brands continues

Pro: Mysteries are solved at same/near rate to mysteries being introduced
Con: No end in sight

Lately, I have been reading a lot of second novels that simply fall flat. Happily, "Never Have I Ever" advancing the story line, rules out some of the more obvious possibilities, and introduces new mystery.

I do think a lot of my enjoyment of these novels comes from the nostalgic feeling I get while reading. ( )
  ErikaWasTaken | Sep 22, 2013 |
Hopefully Thayer nor Ethan are Sutton's killers ( )
  potterwholockian | Apr 2, 2013 |
Amazing. Taking over your dead sisters life, telling no one shes dead, falling in love with some one your sister never would have, and keeping secrets from the family you wish you had. ( )
  SarahMCY | May 25, 2012 |
this book is the second one for the lying game. in this bookm emma is still trying to figure out who killed her sister. let me tell you some of the stuff happend in the first on so you can remember it. this book is about how emma is trying to figure out who killed her long lost twis that she has never met. so for a long time emma was protending to be her twins sister, only 2 people knows who emma really is her friend Ethan and her murderer.

emma has lots of guess's to make because her twins sisters life was really mussed up. cause her sister always does tricks on other people. so anyone at school or out side the school have done it. but on this socond book Thayer is back. Thayer and emmas sister use to be lovers but suddenly Thayer dispeerd while emma found out she has a twins sister and she found out that her sister was dead. so now the best guess she has is that Thayer might have done it. people who are reading this, you guys should read it becasuse i think you will like it. well i know for sure you will like it, it is that good.
  swonnacott | Mar 26, 2012 |
After a few weeks of swapping her worn-out foster life for her deceased twin’s former high life, Emma Paxton is still on the case. She is playing the part of her ex-sibling to solve the mysterious factors that landed said twin, Sutton, in a rather otherworldly position. And by “otherworldly”, I mean “dead”. Though the dilemma of mismatched identity is becoming old hat, the drama of the still unsolved disappearance has no hope of getting old any time soon.

The relationships she thought she had built, during the first installment, shift and shatter, leaving her to both trust and question everything and nothing.

This series is exactly why I love reading, yet ate reviewing, books in series. I feel like I cou;d do a seriously bang up review if I knew everyone had read the first book but I know that’s not true. It’s especially difficult, in this case, since the entire four book series explores the mystery. It’s not simply a series that answers a whodunit in a single volume.

Though I can’t give much away, I can still tell you that I’m well addicted to this little adventure. Yes, it’s pretty young for my reading habits but it’s also incredibly fun. For a mystery, it’s certainly comprised of enough twists and turns. I’m sure that, as soon as I find out who the killer is, it will seem as though it was obvious from the beginning but, for right now, I can tell you that I’m totally in the dark. I’m dying, here, knowing that the third book is going to be done within a day and then I’ll have to wait until this summer for all of the answers. Eek!

I also have to add a side note: I have no idea how they’ve made this into a t.v. series! I know that Shepard’s other mystery thriller series, Pretty Little Liars, has been given the same treatment but it’s a much longer series and it’s also, I think, complete. I might be tempted to investigate the show, later this summer, when the last book is out. No possible spoilers for me, thank you! ( )
  mistycliff | Feb 27, 2012 |

When Emma Paxton steps into the life of her long-lost twin Sutton to solve her murder, she finds new suspects at every turn, while Sutton looks on from her afterlife.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,410,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible