Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepard

Never Have I Ever

by Sara Shepard

I loved [b:Never Have I Ever|9266793|Never Have I Ever (The Lying Game, #2)|Sara Shepard|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1289526446s/9266793.jpg|14147644], it was the perfect continuation of [b:The Lying Game|8428069|The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1)|Sara Shepard|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1316916749s/8428069.jpg|13291270]. Emma is getting a little more accustomed to being vague about Sutton's life (before she died and Emma took over), and we get to know the other characters better. I definitely thought that the Twitter twins were good for Sutton's murder before Emma thought of it, but I guess that was the whole idea, to see everything Emma saw, and feel the way Emma felt. [a:Sara Shepard|93970|Sara Shepard|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1229580414p2/93970.jpg] is really good at putting the reader in Emma's shoes.

I really wish there was more communication between the girls, other than name calling, but since that was how Sutton lived, it'll take a while for them to change their was and except the 'new Sutton'. Madeline's confession about her dad beating her was not what I thought that she was going to say, but I really think that it will lead to Emma trusting her 100%. As for Ethan, I was actually pissed that he took Samantha at first, but I think that Ethan asked her to the dance to get more information about Sutton.

As for Thayer, I don't even know where to start! He's only in the book for a page, but him even being there bring up so many questions. ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |
Pro: Good pacing
Con: Cliff hanger ending

Pro: Characters are flushing out
Con: Random parade of name brands continues

Pro: Mysteries are solved at same/near rate to mysteries being introduced
Con: No end in sight

Lately, I have been reading a lot of second novels that simply fall flat. Happily, "Never Have I Ever" advancing the story line, rules out some of the more obvious possibilities, and introduces new mystery.

I do think a lot of my enjoyment of these novels comes from the nostalgic feeling I get while reading. ( )
  ErikaWasTaken | Sep 22, 2013 |
Hopefully Thayer nor Ethan are Sutton's killers ( )
  potterwholockian | Apr 2, 2013 |
Amazing. Taking over your dead sisters life, telling no one shes dead, falling in love with some one your sister never would have, and keeping secrets from the family you wish you had. ( )
  SarahMCY | May 25, 2012 |
this book is the second one for the lying game. in this bookm emma is still trying to figure out who killed her sister. let me tell you some of the stuff happend in the first on so you can remember it. this book is about how emma is trying to figure out who killed her long lost twis that she has never met. so for a long time emma was protending to be her twins sister, only 2 people knows who emma really is her friend Ethan and her murderer.

emma has lots of guess's to make because her twins sisters life was really mussed up. cause her sister always does tricks on other people. so anyone at school or out side the school have done it. but on this socond book Thayer is back. Thayer and emmas sister use to be lovers but suddenly Thayer dispeerd while emma found out she has a twins sister and she found out that her sister was dead. so now the best guess she has is that Thayer might have done it. people who are reading this, you guys should read it becasuse i think you will like it. well i know for sure you will like it, it is that good.
  swonnacott | Mar 26, 2012 |

When Emma Paxton steps into the life of her long-lost twin Sutton to solve her murder, she finds new suspects at every turn, while Sutton looks on from her afterlife.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,012,687 books! | Top bar: Always visible