Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepard

Never Have I Ever

by Sara Shepard

This is book 2 in a series. I bought the first book without paying attention to the fact that it was one book in a series, of six books no less! Unhappy with myself for not paying attention, I found the story too addicting to just let go. So, in book two, we continue.

And at the end of book two, we still don’t know who killed Sutter. I am resigned to buying all books in the series, but I’ll do so as I read them. In this book, we examine several suspects. Emma, and the ghostly Sutton, examine and reflect on the motives of all her friends, and even her sister Laurel. Suspects are vetted, trusted, and suspected again. The half paranormal pair examine jealous rivals. All of this sleuth work takes place with a background of unusual, dangerous, and cruel pranks that all characters seem to feel comfortable playing on each other, friend and foe alike.

And then, not a spoiler, at the end of book two yet another mysterious character appears. This is enjoyable reading, good writing, and I feel motivating for readers working with English as a second language.

On to book three. ( )
  ajarn7086 | Mar 11, 2016 |
I loved [b:Never Have I Ever|9266793|Never Have I Ever (The Lying Game, #2)|Sara Shepard|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1289526446s/9266793.jpg|14147644], it was the perfect continuation of [b:The Lying Game|8428069|The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1)|Sara Shepard|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1316916749s/8428069.jpg|13291270]. Emma is getting a little more accustomed to being vague about Sutton's life (before she died and Emma took over), and we get to know the other characters better. I definitely thought that the Twitter twins were good for Sutton's murder before Emma thought of it, but I guess that was the whole idea, to see everything Emma saw, and feel the way Emma felt. [a:Sara Shepard|93970|Sara Shepard|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1229580414p2/93970.jpg] is really good at putting the reader in Emma's shoes.

I really wish there was more communication between the girls, other than name calling, but since that was how Sutton lived, it'll take a while for them to change their was and except the 'new Sutton'. Madeline's confession about her dad beating her was not what I thought that she was going to say, but I really think that it will lead to Emma trusting her 100%. As for Ethan, I was actually pissed that he took Samantha at first, but I think that Ethan asked her to the dance to get more information about Sutton.

As for Thayer, I don't even know where to start! He's only in the book for a page, but him even being there bring up so many questions. ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |
Pro: Good pacing
Con: Cliff hanger ending

Pro: Characters are flushing out
Con: Random parade of name brands continues

Pro: Mysteries are solved at same/near rate to mysteries being introduced
Con: No end in sight

Lately, I have been reading a lot of second novels that simply fall flat. Happily, "Never Have I Ever" advancing the story line, rules out some of the more obvious possibilities, and introduces new mystery.

I do think a lot of my enjoyment of these novels comes from the nostalgic feeling I get while reading. ( )
  ErikaWasTaken | Sep 22, 2013 |
Hopefully Thayer nor Ethan are Sutton's killers ( )
  potterwholockian | Apr 2, 2013 |
Amazing. Taking over your dead sisters life, telling no one shes dead, falling in love with some one your sister never would have, and keeping secrets from the family you wish you had. ( )
  SarahMCY | May 25, 2012 |

When Emma Paxton steps into the life of her long-lost twin Sutton to solve her murder, she finds new suspects at every turn, while Sutton looks on from her afterlife.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,966,991 books! | Top bar: Always visible