Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, Book 4)…

Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, Book 4) (edition 2011)

by Chloe Neill

Member:krau0098
Title:Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, Book 4)
Authors:Chloe Neill
Info:New American Library (2011), Edition: 1, Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Already Read, Your library, Audio Book
Tags:Chicagoland Vampires, paranormal, fantasy, shapeshifters, vampires, urban fantasy

Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill

English (37)  Piratical (1)  All languages (38)
I'm warning you there's a bit of a spoiler here. Not a full spoiler, more of, this is going to happen be ready for it.

I hate when about half way through a series one of the main/regular characters gets killed off. Here we are, book 4 of the Chicagoland Vampire series, and boom, there goes one of the main characters. You've invested 4 books, you've gotten to know all these characters, the likeable ones and the villians. but you get to know them... It's like losing a friend when an author does this. Actually I don't read reviews, so I didn't see this coming, wasn't expecting it...so I'm pretty much blindsided by it. So here I am at lunch reading this, and we lose our character and my heart breaks along with all the characters in the book. I said after 4 books you're invested in what happens and where the story is going to take us. Think I sniffled and wiped my eyes for 5-10 minutes.

So now where do we go from here and whenever a character gets killed off there's the why, so onward to Book 5, Drink Deep and maybe some of our questions will be answered. Despite the tears, or maybe because Ms. Neill made me feel something reading her story, I really did enjoy the story. It keeps you on the edge of your seat and turning pages. But don't say I didn't warn you, it's going to blindside you when it happens. ( )
  icechips | Feb 26, 2015 |
Well, like everyone else on the planet who read this book I was very sad and emotional about the ending. I had no idea what would happen and how the series would progress at this point but I know that Ms. Neill may have shaken her readership with this book. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
I don't know exactly what I'm feeling after finishing the book. Really, feelings all over the place right now. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
Loved this book. Love this series! set in Chicago, Merit is learning about how to live the life of an almost immortal. The action ebbs and flows and we learn about more about the people the people in Merit's world. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
Another good addition to the series, but oh man! Already reading the next because I can't stand how it ended! ( )
  TeamDewey | Feb 19, 2014 |

Times are hard for newly minted vampire Merit. Ever since shapeshifters announced their presence to the world, humans have been rallying against supernaturals--and they're camping outside of Cadogan House with protest signs that could turn to pitchforks at any moment. Inside its doors, things between Merit and her Master, green-eyed heartbreaker Ethan Sullivan are ... tense. But then the mayor of Chicago calls Merit and Ethan to a clandestine meeting and tells them about a violent vamp attack that has left three women missing. His message is simple: get your House in order. Or else.

Merit needs to get to the bottom of this crime, but it doesn't help that she can't tell who's on her side. So she secretly calls in a favor from someone who's tall, dark, and part of underground vamp group that may have some deep intel on the attack. Merit soon finds herself in the heady, dark heart of Chicago's supernatural society--a world full of vampires who seem too ready to fulfill the protesting human's worst fears, and a place where she'll learn that you can't be a vampire without getting a little blood on your hands..

Times are hard for newly minted vampire Merit. Ever since shapeshifters announced their presence to the world, humans have been rallying against supernaturals -- and they're camping outside of Cadogan House with protest signs that could turn to pitchforks at any moment. Inside its doors, things between Merit and her Master, green-eyed heartbreaker Ethan Sullivan are...tense. But then the mayor of Chicago calls Merit and Ethan to a clandestine meeting and tells them about a violent vamp attack that has left three women missing. His message is simple: get your House in order. Or else. Merit needs to get to the bottom of this crime, but it doesn't help that she can't tell who's on her side. So she secretly calls in a favor from someone who's tall, dark, and part of underground vamp group that may have some deep intel on the attack. Merit soon finds herself in the heady, dark heart of Chicago's supernatural society-a world full of vampires who seem ready to fulfill the protesting human's worst fears, and a place where she'll learn that you can't be a vampire without getting a little blood on your hands...… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,747,951 books! | Top bar: Always visible