Hereafter by Tara Hudson

by Tara Hudson

Authors:Tara Hudson
Info:HarperTeen (2011), Hardcover, 416 pages

Hereafter by Tara Hudson

English (66)  Dutch (1)  All languages (67)
What can I say about this book? I've got to say I am a fan of paranormal romance whether its adult, young adult, whatever. This book does not disappoint.
Amelia is a young ghost caught in a memory fog. One night she saves Joshua from drowning and her world is changed for the better. With him, she begins to remember her life.
She also meets Eli, a reaper of sorts.
Will their love survive? Read and find out! ( )
  AhRee | Jul 5, 2015 |
Need to rewrite a review of this!
  BookSpot | May 18, 2015 |
Oh man, it’s been a while since I’ve devoured a book like this. I fell in love so quickly, hooked so fast, and read half of it in one sitting. Would have read to whole thing, but it was three in the morning and I couldn’t keep my eyes open. The writing is beautiful, the scenery is gorgeous, we finally have a girl falling for the boy who treats her right and shunning the “bad boy” who only wants to control her. I love the suspense that’s kept throughout the entire book, and although I disliked Eli and his role in the beginning, it all worked in the end.

I love the voice. We follow Amelia, a girl who drowned in a river, as she wanders around and tries to figure out who she was before she died. She falls in love with a boy in the living world, and they try to make things work despite Eli getting in the way. Joshua, the one she falls in love with, is absolutely adorable. She rescues him from the same fate she suffered, and after that, they’re pretty much inseparable. He’s an absolute sweetheart and it’s so refreshing to see a love story that shows a healthy relationship. Even if this relationship is a bit…abnormal.

I would have been completely happy with this just being a story about how Joshua helped Amelia figure out who she was and left it at that. But the author went beyond that and added a little supernatural flair. The final showdown was a bit anti climactic, I’ll admit, but considering how wonderful the rest of the book was, I really wasn’t bothered by it. I absolutely recommend this book to anyone looking for a beautiful, although unusual, love story. And that’s coming from someone who would rather stay away from romance. ( )
  Imane. | Nov 4, 2014 |
Not earth-shattering, but a good story from a new perspective. Very YA, with plenty of young love angst. Judging this book by its cover, though, I would have been disappointed. The story doesn't live up to that gorgeous cover. ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
I devoured this book.
It left me without air till the last page.
Tara Hudson really hit the target here. This impossible love story is amazing and the protagonist's discovery of her old and new self it's made in the right time and moment. written very well, can't wait to read the next of the series. ( )
  Sarah.Hansrote | May 24, 2014 |
To Robert. In an instant. In a heartbeat.
It was the same as always, but different from the first time.

Can there truly be love after death?

Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life—or her actual death—she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but will him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.

Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.

Thrilling and evocative, with moments of pure pleasure, Hereafter is a sensation you won't want to miss.

Amelia, long a ghost, forms a strong bond with eighteen-year-old Joshua, who nearly drowned where she did and who awakens in her long-forgotten senses and memories even as Eli, a spirit, tries to draw her away.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,668,947 books! | Top bar: Always visible