HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Hounded by Kevin Hearne
Loading...

Hounded

by Kevin Hearne

Other authors: See the other authors section.

Series: Iron Druid Chronicles (1)

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
1,3621515,643 (3.98)222
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 222 mentions

English (156)  Piratical (1)  All languages (157)
Showing 1-5 of 156 (next | show all)
Hello, my name is Carson Kicklighter and I am the only one on the planet who did not like Hounded.

I enjoy light-hearted stories like Going Postal or Stardust. However, I found the first chapter of Hounded to be rather bland, and I didn't care much for Atticus. So instead of going any further, I just picked apart the first chapter on my blog and headed back to the library. ( )
  CarsonKicklighter | Jan 26, 2015 |
Great book... Love it! ( )
  earthwindwalker | Jan 11, 2015 |
I don't think I can say much that hasn't been said before. Like others, at first I wanted to compare it to Jim Butcher's Dresden, but Hearne has definitely carved out his own little piece of Urban Fantasy here. 'Scuse me, I'm off to find the sequels!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book as a Goodreads.com giveaway. ( )
  moniqueleigh | Dec 31, 2014 |
Hounded is the first book about Atticus O´Sullivan, the last surviving druid. He lives in Arizona and runs an occult bookshop. And when he doesn’t do that, he tries to stay alive since he has been for hunted for centuries by an angry Celtic god that wants a sword he happened to take from a battlefield a long time ago.

Druids, gods and goddesses, werewolves and vampire and of course throw it some witches in the story and you have Hounded. And of course we can’t forget Oberon, Atticus Irish wolfhound. This book is nonstop action from the first page to the last. It was a great read and I’m looking forward to read the rest of the books in the series.

I found the book refreshing to read. Nice to follow a druids adventures in an urban fantasy instead of a werewolf, vampire or a witch. Of course all of those are in the book, but I don’t mind. A druid Is something new. And I like Atticus, I like his humor; “Monty Python is like catnip for nerds. Once you get them started quoting it, they are constitutionally incapable of feeling depressed.” This book has some great lines! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 11, 2014 |
Attica, 21 Jahrhunderte alter Druide mit jugendlichem Aussehen, hat sich als Buch- und Kräuterhändler gemeinsam mit seinem Hund Oberon im Südwesten der USA ein beschauliches Leben eingerichtet. Doch mit der Ruhe ist es bald vorbei, als ihm aus unterschiedlichen Richtungen signalisiert wird, dass ihm der irische Liebesgott Aenghus Óg nach dem Leben trachtet. Denn Attica besitzt etwas, das Aenghus Óg unbedingt haben möchte...
Wow, in dieser Geschichte geht es richtig ab ;-) Kämpfe mit und/oder gegen Hexen, Elfen, Eisenelementargeist, Werwölfen, Fir Bolgs und Göttern nochundnöcher. Was sich jetzt anhören mag wie Dutzende anderer Fantasyromane auch, unterscheidet sich hier aber durch eine ausgesprochen humorvolle Darstellung historischer Gegebenheiten in der Gegenwart und wirklich witziger Dialoge, insbesondere die zwischen Attica und seinem Hund Oberon. Auch als nur Zwischdurch-mal-Fantasy-Leserin habe ich mich grandios amüsiert und kann mir gut vorstellen, auch den zweiten Teil zu lesen.
Kleine Anmerkung zum Schluss: Im letzten Drittel häuften sich die Schreibfehler: falsche Pronomen, fehlende Buchstaben, fehlerhafte Groß-Kleinschreibung oder einfach unstimmige Aussagen (S. 302: Die Werwölfe hatten bereits drei Hexen außer Gefecht gesetzt und waren gerade dabei, eine dritte unschädlich zu machen...). Eine Aufgabe für die nächste Auflage... ( )
  Xirxe | Dec 2, 2014 |
Showing 1-5 of 156 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review

» Add other authors (1 possible)

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
Kevin Hearneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Daniels, LukeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mollica, GeneCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Information from the Spanish Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
Look, Mom, I made this!
Can we put it on the fridge?
First words
There are many perks to living for twenty-one centuries, and foremost among them is bearing witness to the rare birth of genius.
Quotations
Last words
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English

None

Book description
Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, lives peacefully in Arizona, running an occult bookshop and shape-shifting in his spare time to hunt with his Irish wolfhound. His neighbors and customers think that this handsome, tattooed Irish dude is about twenty-one years old - when in actuality, he’s twenty-one centuries old. Not to mention: He draws his power from the earth, possesses a sharp wit, and wields an even sharper magical sword known as Fragarach, the Answerer.

Unfortunately, a very angry Celtic god wants that sword, and he’s hounded Atticus for centuries. Now the determined deity has tracked him down, and Atticus will need all his power - plus the help of a seductive goddess of death, his vampire and werewolf team of attorneys, a sexy bartender possessed by a Hindu witch, and some good old-fashioned luck of the Irish - to kick some Celtic arse and deliver himself from evil.

Haiku summary

No descriptions found.

Atticus O'Sullivan, the last of the Druids, finds his peaceful life in Arizona shattered by the arrival of an angry Celtic god who wants Atticus's magical sword, forcing Atticus to call upon some unlikely allies for help.

» see all 2 descriptions

LibraryThing Author

Kevin Hearne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

profile page | author page

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
2 avail.
240 wanted
4 pay8 pay

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (3.98)
0.5
1 6
1.5
2 15
2.5 14
3 92
3.5 39
4 204
4.5 24
5 155

Audible.com

2 editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

See editions

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Hounded by Kevin Hearne was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

 

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,072,318 books! | Top bar: Always visible