Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book One…

Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book One (edition 2011)

by Kevin Hearne

Member:jamespurcell
Title:Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book One
Authors:Kevin Hearne
Info:Del Rey (2011), Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Tags:Science Fiction, Iron Druid, WLS, RBU

Hounded by Kevin Hearne

Recently added byprivate library, BookaholicCat, ulee, arena100, loremistress, Curiosity64, nielsnej, drh1994

English (158)  Piratical (1)  All languages (159)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a little heavy on the eco-friendly message, but that could be expected from a main character who claims to have been soul bonded to the life force of the planet itself. The characterization was good, the mythology was believable. The interplay of the people was well-scripted. ( )
  Curiosity64 | Feb 25, 2015 |
It doesn't seem like a first book - I wish the author had spent more time building up the character instead of dumping us into conflict with god's in the first book. Having said that, it was quite well done, enjoyable, understated character. Good world-building. Good mythos (what we can see of it so far). Good relationship conflict and resolution. Nice reliance on motivating factors for characterization. ( )
  jason9292 | Jan 30, 2015 |
Hello, my name is Carson Kicklighter and I am the only one on the planet who did not like Hounded.

I enjoy light-hearted stories like Going Postal or Stardust. However, I found the first chapter of Hounded to be rather bland, and I didn't care much for Atticus. So instead of going any further, I just picked apart the first chapter on my blog and headed back to the library. ( )
  CarsonKicklighter | Jan 26, 2015 |
Great book... Love it! ( )
  earthwindwalker | Jan 11, 2015 |
I don't think I can say much that hasn't been said before. Like others, at first I wanted to compare it to Jim Butcher's Dresden, but Hearne has definitely carved out his own little piece of Urban Fantasy here. 'Scuse me, I'm off to find the sequels!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book as a Goodreads.com giveaway. ( )
  moniqueleigh | Dec 31, 2014 |

Kevin Hearneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Daniels, LukeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mollica, GeneCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Look, Mom, I made this!
Can we put it on the fridge?
There are many perks to living for twenty-one centuries, and foremost among them is bearing witness to the rare birth of genius.

Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, lives peacefully in Arizona, running an occult bookshop and shape-shifting in his spare time to hunt with his Irish wolfhound. His neighbors and customers think that this handsome, tattooed Irish dude is about twenty-one years old - when in actuality, he’s twenty-one centuries old. Not to mention: He draws his power from the earth, possesses a sharp wit, and wields an even sharper magical sword known as Fragarach, the Answerer.

Unfortunately, a very angry Celtic god wants that sword, and he’s hounded Atticus for centuries. Now the determined deity has tracked him down, and Atticus will need all his power - plus the help of a seductive goddess of death, his vampire and werewolf team of attorneys, a sexy bartender possessed by a Hindu witch, and some good old-fashioned luck of the Irish - to kick some Celtic arse and deliver himself from evil.

Atticus O'Sullivan, the last of the Druids, finds his peaceful life in Arizona shattered by the arrival of an angry Celtic god who wants Atticus's magical sword, forcing Atticus to call upon some unlikely allies for help.

Kevin Hearne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Hounded by Kevin Hearne was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,799,051 books! | Top bar: Always visible