Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book One…

Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book One (edition 2011)

by Kevin Hearne

Member:jamespurcell
Title:Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book One
Authors:Kevin Hearne
Info:Del Rey (2011), Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Tags:Science Fiction, Iron Druid, WLS, RBU

Hounded by Kevin Hearne

English (189)  Piratical (1)  All languages (190)
Another almost free listen by Audible in their First in a series sale. This was a fun read, and I really did like the Druid's voice. It didn't progress any further than good voice, good background detail on all the different fantastical characters and fun action, but sometimes that's all we want. I think there is room for character /story development with the set up for the next book so maybe I'll proceed with that. ( )
  sydsavvy | Apr 8, 2016 |
Fun and clever urban fantasy with lots of magic and a telepathic dog. The protagonist is a little too good at everything and things are somewhat over-explained in exposition, but the hero has no side-kick to explain things to, either. I'll definitely try the next one as this is a fun piece of escapism. ( )
  tigerb | Apr 7, 2016 |
I loved this book: the characters, the setting, and the use of a variety of myths and mythological creatures.

Plan on enjoying the rest of the series and I cannot wait to see how Atticus story unfolds. ( )
  yvonne.sevignykaiser | Apr 2, 2016 |
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Hounded by Kevin Hearne is the first book in a long series of books titled the Iron Druid books. This is urban fantasy, and it is a genre that I have not read much. I know it is very popular and so wanted to try out a title. Due to good reviews by people I trust I picked this series. It was OK, but not great. It is what I would call a guy book, even if it is urban fantasy. Lots of expletives, lots of sex, and lots of descriptions of T & A. Lots of action, and since the main characters best friend is a dog, it sinks to that level. It was a good travel book, in that it didn't demand much from the reader. It is the kind of book that I wouldn't mind leaving in the airport waiting area once I am finished with it, as it is a good way to pass the time, but not worth carrying home. I might read more in this series, but more likely not. ( )
  benitastrnad | Mar 21, 2016 |

Kevin Hearneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Daniels, LukeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mollica, GeneCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Look, Mom, I made this!
Can we put it on the fridge?
There are many perks to living for twenty-one centuries, and foremost among them is bearing witness to the rare birth of genius.

Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, lives peacefully in Arizona, running an occult bookshop and shape-shifting in his spare time to hunt with his Irish wolfhound. His neighbors and customers think that this handsome, tattooed Irish dude is about twenty-one years old - when in actuality, he’s twenty-one centuries old. Not to mention: He draws his power from the earth, possesses a sharp wit, and wields an even sharper magical sword known as Fragarach, the Answerer.

Unfortunately, a very angry Celtic god wants that sword, and he’s hounded Atticus for centuries. Now the determined deity has tracked him down, and Atticus will need all his power - plus the help of a seductive goddess of death, his vampire and werewolf team of attorneys, a sexy bartender possessed by a Hindu witch, and some good old-fashioned luck of the Irish - to kick some Celtic arse and deliver himself from evil.

Atticus O'Sullivan, the last of the Druids, finds his peaceful life in Arizona shattered by the arrival of an angry Celtic god who wants Atticus's magical sword, forcing Atticus to call upon some unlikely allies for help.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 0 books! | Top bar: Always visible