Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book One…

Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book One (edition 2011)

by Kevin Hearne

Member:jamespurcell
Title:Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book One
Authors:Kevin Hearne
Info:Del Rey (2011), Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Tags:Science Fiction, Iron Druid, WLS, RBU

Hounded by Kevin Hearne

English (192)  Piratical (1)  All languages (193)
Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Series is really a lot of fun to read.  Without putting in any spoilers, I think Oberon is hysterical!! ( )
  winterslights | Jun 12, 2016 |
I know I keep saying this but I think I'm trapped/hooked/spiraling out-of-control! I have NEVER liked books that contain a blood'n'guts aspect . . . so WHY have I found myself focusing on vampire/witch/werewolf/sword/amulet/sorcery stuff?!?! Who knows. Regardless, Kevin Hearne's Hounded held my interest from start to finish . . blood, guts 'n' all. *sigh* FIVE STARS - for excitement, an adorable dog and an equally adorable Irishman who won my heart! Thanks, Patrick Rothfuss, for the review that turned me to the dark side! ;) ( )
  idajo | May 8, 2016 |
The only book in a very long time that had me up until the wee hours to finish. If I ever grow up, I want to be a druid when I do.
  Ricowan | May 4, 2016 |
Another almost free listen by Audible in their First in a series sale. This was a fun read, and I really did like the Druid's voice. It didn't progress any further than good voice, good background detail on all the different fantastical characters and fun action, but sometimes that's all we want. I think there is room for character /story development with the set up for the next book so maybe I'll proceed with that. ( )
  sydsavvy | Apr 8, 2016 |
Fun and clever urban fantasy with lots of magic and a telepathic dog. The protagonist is a little too good at everything and things are somewhat over-explained in exposition, but the hero has no side-kick to explain things to, either. I'll definitely try the next one as this is a fun piece of escapism. ( )
  tigerb | Apr 7, 2016 |

Kevin Hearneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Daniels, LukeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mollica, GeneCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Look, Mom, I made this!
Can we put it on the fridge?
There are many perks to living for twenty-one centuries, and foremost among them is bearing witness to the rare birth of genius.

Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, lives peacefully in Arizona, running an occult bookshop and shape-shifting in his spare time to hunt with his Irish wolfhound. His neighbors and customers think that this handsome, tattooed Irish dude is about twenty-one years old - when in actuality, he’s twenty-one centuries old. Not to mention: He draws his power from the earth, possesses a sharp wit, and wields an even sharper magical sword known as Fragarach, the Answerer.

Unfortunately, a very angry Celtic god wants that sword, and he’s hounded Atticus for centuries. Now the determined deity has tracked him down, and Atticus will need all his power - plus the help of a seductive goddess of death, his vampire and werewolf team of attorneys, a sexy bartender possessed by a Hindu witch, and some good old-fashioned luck of the Irish - to kick some Celtic arse and deliver himself from evil.

Atticus O'Sullivan, the last of the Druids, finds his peaceful life in Arizona shattered by the arrival of an angry Celtic god who wants Atticus's magical sword, forcing Atticus to call upon some unlikely allies for help.

Kevin Hearne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Hounded by Kevin Hearne was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,754,848 books! | Top bar: Always visible