Christmas With a Vampire [5-in-1 anthology]…

Christmas With a Vampire [5-in-1 anthology]

by Merline Lovelace (Contributor)

Other authors: Lisa Childs (Contributor), Lori Devoti (Contributor), Linda Winstead Jones (Contributor), Bonnie Vanak (Contributor)

Series: Draicon Werewolves ("Unwrapped", 7)

I quite enjoyed 'A Christmas Kiss.' I thought it was sweet that they helped out the young family, though the ending was quite predictable. Delilah was a strong character and very entertaining. 'The Vampire Who Stole Christmas' didn't really interest me. There wasn't much of a story, and all the characters were self absorbed and dull. It also had nothing to do with Christmas... at all. Past of me wishes 'Sundown' was a full book. The plot was very solid, and the story had a lot of substance. I found Abby's backstory really interesting, though Leo was quite repetitive at times. I enjoyed the ending, but would have liked more. 'Nothing Says Christmas Like a Vampire' was pretty good. I thought they 'fell in love' ridiculously fast- having only met literally ten minutes- but if you overlook that, it was a nice story. The characters were likable, though I wish it had been more focused on Christmas. ''Unwrapped'' was my least favourite of the stories. None of it made any sense, and the author didn't explain anything. The characters were boring, and it was a dull story.

Overall, it was a nice collection of stories and fairly entertaining. ( )
  nicola26 | Mar 30, 2013 |
My thoughts:
This was a great read! I enjoyed each story very much. I found myself falling in love with the characters from the start of each new story. I kept thinking, "Oooh, this one is my favorite!" and then I would turn to the next one, fall in love with those characters and think that about that again.
I love vampire stories but had never read anything by any of these authors so I was excited to read "new to me" authors. (I am still trying to decide who I think is on the cover). Each short story is an original, fairly powerful love story and are all well written.

A Christmas Kiss by Merline Lovelace: Great characters, twisty plot.
The Vampire Who Stole Christmas by Lori Devoti: Super great characters! Multifaceted theme - revenge, need, desire, self worth and the meaning of love.
Sundown by Linda Winstead Jones: Great characters. Connected with Abby (I've worked in the bar industry for over 20 years!) and fell in love with Leo. New spin on vampire powers that was refreshing.
Nothing Says Christmas Like a Vampire by Lisa Childs: Super story. This one had me from the go. Intriguing family ties, great characters and the invincibility of true love. Don't miss it.
Unwrapped by Bonnie Vanak: Wonderful characters, new look at the vampire/werewolf battle. Long lost love, opposing families, treachery, hope...it's all here. (and I LOVE the ugly doll bit!)
A must read for vampire fans! ( )
  DragonLibrary8 | Dec 10, 2011 |

A Christmas kiss / Merline Lovelace --

The vampire who stole Christmas / Lori Devoti --

Sundown / Linda Winstead Jones --

Nothing says Christmas like a vampire / Lisa Childs --

Unwrapped / Bonnie Vanek.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373776136, Mass Market Paperback)

It's a time for bloodlust and stolen kisses, for clandestine bites and forming new bonds beneath the mistletoe. Succumb to the forbidden as these powerful vampires give you a Christmas you'll never forget….

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:45 -0400)

Prepare for an exhilarating journey across the boundary of death into a shadowy, daring new world. As darkness falls on another year, five fanged rebels are ready to celebrate like never before. It's a time for bloodlust and stolen kisses, for clandestine bites and forming new bonds beneath the mistletoe. Succumb to the forbidden as these powerful vampires give you a Christmas you'll never forget....… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,777,008 books! | Top bar: Always visible