Page by Paige by Laura Lee Gulledge

Page by Paige (edition 2011)

by Laura Lee Gulledge

2022658,111 (3.96)5

This was a graphic novel that I thought was going to be a lot more childish than it ended up being. The message of it primarily is about coming of age and learning to be true to yourself. The artwork is more artistic than your average graphic novel because it is about being inside of the mind of the character of Paige. This is a graphic novel that I would recommend to those that are in a transitional phase of their life. It would help give them some clarity. This book is also about finding friendship and learning to be social. I definitely recommend this read. ( )
  SoulFlower1981 | Jan 20, 2016 |
Paige Turner has just moved to New York City. Her low self-esteem has always made it difficult for her to make friends and express herself, however starting over in a new city is making things even more difficult for Paige. She begins her sketchbook and makes herself a list of rules to help her come out of her shell and amazingly enough they really seem to work.

This graphic novel does a phenomenal job of expressing the inner turmoil of being a teenager. The artwork that is drawn by Paige shows exactly how things make teens feel sometimes. The list of rules Paige makes herself are great rules for anyone to follow and I loved watching Paige develop and grow and make friends and stand up for herself. My only negative is that I think it's clear that the book is trying to be a manual for fixing yourself and I thing some people will see that and get frustrated. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Paige Turner has just moved to New York with her family, and she's having some trouble adjusting to the big city. In the pages of her sketchbook, she tries to make sense of her new life, including trying out her secret identity: artist. As she makes friends and starts to explore the city, she slowly brings her secret identity out into the open, a process that is equal parts terrifying and rewarding.

Laura Lee Gulledge crafts stories and panels with images that are thought-provoking, funny, and emotionally resonant. Teens struggling to find their place can see themselves in Paige's honest, heartfelt story.

Praise for Page by Paige
“Gulledge's b&w illustrations are simple but well-suited to their subject matter; the work as a whole is a good-natured, optimistic portrait of a young woman evolving toward adulthood.” –Publishers Weekly

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:32 -0400)

When Paige Turner and her family move to New York City from rural Virginia, she tries to make sense of her new life through her sketchbook, and it helps bring her true personality into the open, a process that is equal parts terrifying and rewarding.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,245,570 books! | Top bar: Always visible