The Trouble with Mr. Darcy (Pride &…

The Trouble with Mr. Darcy (Pride & Prejudice Continues) (edition 2011)

by Sharon Lathan

Member:SusieBookworm
Title:The Trouble with Mr. Darcy (Pride & Prejudice Continues)
Authors:Sharon Lathan
Info:Sourcebooks Landmark (2011), Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:historical fiction, Austenalia, TBR

The Trouble with Mr. Darcy: Pride and Prejudice continues... (Pride & Prejudice Continues) by Sharon Lathan

I won this book from a goodreads giveaway and was really excited because Jane Austen sequels/re-tellings are a special guilty pleasure of mine. The overall story was pretty good. I also liked the development of some of the other characters such as Colonel Fitzwilliam and Georgiana. My biggest issue with this book is the amount of sex going on. I mean, it was REALLY excessive. I'm pretty sure Darcy and Elizabeth get it on at least 3 times a day. There was even one sexytimes scene that went on for, like, 4 pages. I found myself rolling my eyes on multiple occasions and saying "are you effin' kidding me? These two are at it again. Ugh."
I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who enjoy having what goes on behind the Darcys' door spelled out for them...explicitly...and often. I'm not one of those people. I guess I prefer the "less is more" approach.
  Jess13649 | Mar 30, 2013 |
THE TROUBLE WITH MR DARCY by Sharon Lathan is an interesting historical romance set in 1819 England. "Pride and Prejudice continues" as this delightful story of Mr.Darcy,Elizabeth, and the wicked George Wickham comes to reak mayham,danger,
upon Mr.Darcy and his family.This is the fifth in this author's A Darcy saga.See Mr. and Mrs.Fitzwilliam Darcy:Two Shall Become One,Loving Mr. Darcy: Journeys Beyond Pemberley,My Dearest Mr.Darcy:An Amazing Journey into Love Everlasting,In the Arms of Mr. Darcy. And A Darcy Christmas.This is an intriguing story where Mr.Darcy and Mr. Wickham must come to terms with their past secrets.While Mr. Darcy is trying to protect his family and his marriage.While this is a story of love between Mr.Darcy and his Elizabeth,it is also a story of challenges within a marriage, passion,secrets,vulnerabilities,trust,past demons,danger,and of course a perfect romance told by an excellent writer of the Regency era.If you enjoy Jane Austin writing you will enjoy this one. This book was received for the purpose of review from the publisher.Details can be found at Sourcebooks Landmark,a division of Sourcebooks,Inc. and My Book Addiction Reviews. ( )
  tarenn | Jul 8, 2011 |
Lathan delivers yet again with this beautiful installment in the Darcy Saga. This book made me laugh, swoon, cry, scream, and I read it all in one sitting, and I'd do it again and again and again. I believe Miss Austen would approve of this story immensly. ( )
  xennie1993 | Apr 11, 2011 |

Is a (non-series) sequel to

Sensual, happy, and steeped in all the luxuries of the lavish Regency period, Darcy and Elizabeth must still face the many challenges that every married couple confronts after the honeymoon is over. Just as the most intense issues of their marriage begin to arise, George Wickham returns to Hertfordshire bent on creating trouble. But Wickham is only a pawn for someone even more unscrupulous than he is--and much more powerful.… (more)

Sharon Lathan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,936,957 books! | Top bar: Always visible