Trader of Secrets by Steve Martini

Trader of Secrets (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Steve Martini

Member:Delgado69
Title:Trader of Secrets
Authors:Steve Martini
Info:HarperCollins (2011), Paperback
Rating:***

Trader of Secrets by Steve Martini (2011)

Trader of Secrets is an okay read, but it reminded me of a Grisham novel—minus a Mitch McDeere or Danilo Silva. The plot is moderately-paced, and the characters are not unlike any I've been introduced to before in legal thrillers.

Where the genre is concerned, Martini is a novelist very good at his craft. But this one, in my own personal opinion, is not one of his most sturdy efforts. ( )
  CatEllington | May 5, 2017 |
I listened to this book in the car. This is about Paul Madriani, his partner (Harry) and daughter who are in hiding after being threatened by a dangerous killer for hire named Liquida. He (LIquida) nearly killed Madriani's private investigator (Herman) and thinks Herman is dead. Liquida nearly kills Madriani's daughter, Sarah, who was in hiding with an aunt and uncle. Liquida then backs off and goes onto his next job involving missing Nasa scientists working on a dangerous highly classified program. Madriani and Harry think they've tracked Liquida from Paris where one of the scientists is found dead to Mexico. One of the scientists has been selling secrets. The other (the dead one) is a double agent from Israel. Paul, Harry, Sarah and Herman along with a few others end up in Mexico tracing one clue or another. I enjoyed these books. My main quibble is when I think main characters act stupidly. Sarah is attacked by Liquida because she has been sneaking out in the morning to run with one of the dogs, Bugsy, who ends up saving her. Paul and Harry find what is likely the secret facility working on whatever the scientist has stolen but don't call in the FBI until they know for sure even thought the FBI have far better resources. There is a big fight at the end and good people die, but at least Liquida meets an appropriate ending from a bigger badder monster.
  taurus27 | Jan 14, 2017 |
I've been reading and enjoying Marini's books for years. This series moves away from what I consider his expertise - it is not a legal thriller. He does know how to create a bad guy. There were times where I really felt actions/situations were too far beyond realty. Although I prefer his legal thrillers, this book was enjoyable. ( )
  ewhatley | Jul 18, 2015 |
An easy read and although I didn't read the first two in the series it was easy enough to pick up the plot -- although you were dumped into the action rather abruptly. The idea though that two average Joe's would go chasing around the world in pursuit of a professional killer was rather ludicrous. ( )
  skraft001 | Jan 7, 2013 |
One of his best books! Could not wait to finish ( )
  Kingray | Aug 18, 2011 |
To my daughter, Meg.
Most of the blood left on the floor of the garage in Washington belonged to the big black investigator working for Madriani, theman named Herman Diggs, but not all of it.

While in Paris to find a former NASA employee whose name has been found on papers left in his nemesis's apartment, Paul Madriani stumbles upon a plot to harness the destructive forces of nature using stolen technology.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,409,411 books! | Top bar: Always visible