The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor…

The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels -- a Love Story (2011)

by Ree Drummond

360None30,018 (3.58)8
2011 (4) 2012 (4) adult (4) autobiography (8) biography (22) biography/memoir (2) blog (3) blogger (3) cowboys (11) ebook (4) family (9) fiction (4) food (3) humor (8) Kindle (4) love (4) love story (7) marriage (8) memoir (40) non-fiction (31) Oklahoma (16) ranching (13) read (6) read in 2011 (5) recipes (4) relationships (2) romance (22) to-read (7) to-review (5) wishlist (3)

Requested this as a review copy, ages ago, because I was familiar with Ree Drummond's story from her blog. I like her recipes, and her photographs of a prairie life. Looks kind of alien to this city girl. So I was curious.

But reading about her going gaga with love at first sight and melting for the Marlboro Man, was a bit much for me. It felt smug and simpering to read.
I like reading recipes and seeing her photography better than being inside her head about her relationship.
  ewillse | Mar 23, 2014 |

PatienceFortitude | Mar 6, 2014 |
Loved learning about Ree's personal life and how she became the Pioneer Woman. It might only be for fans of her blog and/or cookbooks though. ( )
  Tahleen | Feb 16, 2014 |

American blogger and food writer Ree Drummond relates the real life story of how she met and married her "Marlboro Man." Her stories about her husband, family, and country living paint a warm and touching picture of life on an Oklahoma ranch.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,500,701 books! | Top bar: Always visible