Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares

I really wasn't sure about this book when I began it, and it took a while for me to enjoy it, but then I fell entirely in love. I think in a lot of ways it's better than the other four Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books, but I often feel that way about the end of stories. I like things to wrap up, to end well. If you read the other books in the series, perhaps as a young teenager like I did, then I definitely suggest reading this final installment. Around page 100 I decided I had to finish it, and stayed up until two in the morning doing so. I only hope you're as satisfied by it as I was! ( )
  Kristin_Curdie_Cook | Apr 29, 2016 |
An elegant, fitting, and heartwarming end to a series that I really loved. I bought this book a while ago but refused to read it because I did not want to say goodbye to The Septembers. It took me one day to devour it. I plan to reread the series in September.... Well done Ms. Brashares! ( )
  kristina_brooke | Apr 15, 2016 |
I'm glad I stuck with this book. I was very upset and almost quit 78 pages in but it was totally worth it. Beautifully completed and equally sad and happy, Sisterhood Everlasting is a must read if you grew up with Carmen, Lena, Tibby, and Bridget. ( )
  danaaa_99 | Apr 6, 2016 |
I didn't know about this book until I found it in my friend's bookstore, he insisted on gifting it to me and I accepted because this series is all about friendship. I didn't begin with the fifth surprise yet because I was afraid that the new addition would destroy the series I really loved. But I promised myself when I get my luggage I will read this book. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
“Pants” fans who have grown up with the girls and love them will no doubt overlook the improbabilities, unrealized characters and plot manipulations to make this a bestseller.
added by Shortride | editKirkus Reviews (Apr 1, 2011)

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Ann Brashares comes the welcome return of the characters whose friendship became a touchstone for a generation. Now Tibby, Lena, Carmen, and Bridget have grown up, starting their lives on their own. And though the jeans they shared are long gone, the sisterhood is everlasting.

Despite having jobs and men that they love, each knows that something is missing: the closeness that once sustained them. Carmen is a successful actress in New York, engaged to be married, but misses her friends. Lena finds solace in her art, teaching in Rhode Island, but still thinks of Kostos and the road she didn’t take. Bridget lives with her longtime boyfriend, Eric, in San Francisco, and though a part of her wants to settle down, a bigger part can’t seem to shed her old restlessness.

Then Tibby reaches out to bridge the distance, sending the others plane tickets for a reunion that they all breathlessly await. And indeed, it will change their lives forever—but in ways that none of them could ever have expected.

Despite having jobs and men that they love, Tibby, Lena, Carmen, and Bridget know something is missing: the closeness that once sustained them. Carmen is a successful actress in New York, engaged to be married, but misses her friends. Lena finds solace in her art, teaching in Rhode Island, but still thinks of Kostos and the road she didn't take. Bridget lives with her longtime boyfriend, Eric, in San Francisco, and though a part of her wants to settle down, a bigger part can't seem to shed her old restlessness. When Tibby sends the others plane tickets for a reunion they all breathlessly await, it will change their lives forever, but in ways none of them ever expected. The traveling pants are gone, but the sisterhood lasts forever.… (more)

Ann Brashares is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Ann Brashares chatted with LibraryThing members from Jun 6, 2011 to Jun 10, 2011. Read the chat.

111 wanted3 pay4 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,993,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible