Everlasting by Alyson Noël

Everlasting

by Alyson Noël

379None28,374 (3.79)3

Oh. Jeez. This book was....dismal, was the word I used when I was talking to Steph about reading. I read 1-5 together and very effect of being able to roll with it. That reading six made me sure I never handled Breaking Dawn alone either.

I'm amazed I ever made it to the end of this book. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Jul 24, 2013 |

I'm amazed I ever made it to the end of this book. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Jul 24, 2013 |
The book Everlasting is the final book of the Immortal series. This book is where everything ends. Ever and Damen finally get the antidote to the spell Damen was under and can touch again. Ever finds out if she loves Damen or Jude. At the end of this story Ever chooses between the two, and after all the past lives she has spent with Jude, Ever still picks Damen. Damen and Ever can finally be together, forever.
This book is really good. I kinda miss that the series is over, but i loved it so much. This book is for Young Adults or teenagers. ( )
  Hailey.Parker1234 | Mar 29, 2012 |
Everlasting was such an awesome book! It was also completely not what I was expecting. This series just kept getting better and better as it went along which isn't usually the case. Ever's journey from the beginning first book until the end of the last one was amazing! I really liked how you're right there with her as she learns from her mistakes. She's a completely different person now than she was and understandably so because of all she's been through.

The only thing that really bothered me about this one was Damen's attitude toward the end of the book. But I guess I get why the author did it the way she did. Anyway, I really ended up enjoying this young adult paranormal series!! ( )
  Annesanse | Mar 4, 2012 |
Obviously I read this book because I read the other five, and just like the last three I wasn't overly impressed. Evermore and Blue Moon were both really good books and I found the series got a little boring after that. It seemed the same ideas were played out in a slightly different manner. This was no exception.
First Damen and Ever have never irritated me as greatly as they did in this book. Damen has always been stubborn and quick to blame himself for all their problems but it was kind of endearing, not true in Everlasting, he was stubborn to the point of blatant stupidity. So why, when he's given a chance at redemption does it take him so damn long to utilize it. The whole book he refuses see things in a different light and it drives me absolutely nuts. HELLO Damen, get with the program, You. Are. Wrong!
Ever just talks too much, you're waiting for details about the current situation to unfold, for her to shed some light on what's going on, and she rambles. Saying the same things over and over until you're about to shut the book and give up...Then and only then does she say something worth reading. Overall I think Damen and Ever strayed out of character so the story could be told a certain way, rather than it being their story it seemed forced.
In my opinion this series would have served better to be done in three, maybe four books, if you just couldn't compress the ideas and storyline, but I'm pretty confidant that you could. The series would have stayed exciting, upbeat and earned a much better review.
The book gets three stars because it's closure and I liked the very end of it. 3 out of 5.
P.S. Despite my not really enjoying this last installment I'll still miss Ever and Damen. ( )
  Tristan_Bruce | Dec 28, 2011 |

Ever and Damen have spent centuries facing down bitter rivals, jealous friends, and their own worst fears in the hope of being together forever, but something threatens to tear them apart.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,416,344 books! | Top bar: Always visible