I Love You Like Crazy Cakes by Rose A. Lewis

I Love You Like Crazy Cakes

by Rose A. Lewis

Multicultural, adoption
  lrp024 | Nov 21, 2018 |
Mother-love is profound, however a baby comes into a woman's life. For Rose Lewis, the journey to motherhood begins with a letter to Chinese officials, asking if she can adopt from the "big room with lots of other babies." The infants in that room in China are each missing a mother, but Lewis is missing something, too--a baby. She travels to China to meet her new little girl and falls head over heels in love. Taking her baby home to America, Lewis introduces her to all her family and friends, and they begin their life together. ( )
  LynneQuan | Sep 25, 2017 |
This is a book about a single mom adopting a baby from china.For ages 2-8 yrs old. ( )
  wFelita | Jul 23, 2017 |
i thought this book was OK. I enjoyed the realistic pictures, but I feel as if it lacked a climax and it failed to interest me throughout. The illustrations accurately depicted a single mom adopted a child from China and they included a lot of bright and interesting colors/color combinations. However, the book simply told about the process of the mother getting on a plan to pick up her child and then bringing her home to meet the family. It lacked realistic features like when she said she wrote a letter to the Chinese government asking for one of their babies and they simply replied as long as you promise to take good care" of the girl. I know there is a lot more that is included in the adoption process and I do believe it should have been included so that the reader is properly informed about adoption and so they don't think that anyone can just adopt a child by mailing the government a letter. I think adoption is a higher grade level subject, so the specifics on adoption should be included in this book. ( )
  tvance2 | Oct 24, 2016 |
I liked this book for two reasons. First, the illustrations enhance the story. The illustrations of the book look like paintings, but they are also realistic and feature the physical traits of the two different ethnicities of the book. An example of the realistic paintings can be seen on the cover of the book. Second, the story has a well-organized plot that is easy to follow. The book begins with the author stating that there's a baby in China and a woman in America. Then, the woman writes a letter to China's adoption agency, flys to China, brings home the baby, and the baby meets the whole family such as cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. The big idea of this book is that there is always someone who loves you. ( )
  MackenzieYee | Apr 6, 2016 |

Rose A. Lewisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Farrow, MiaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0316525383, Hardcover)

A touching love story, I Love You Like Crazy Cakes will warm the cockles of any new parent's heart, especially those who have recently adopted a child. It's an ideal story for lap-time reading, and will inspire parents and kids to talk about their own first "meetings," whether at birth or in an adoption agency. Jane Dyer, illustrator of the bestselling Time for Bed by Mem Fox, Oh My Baby, Little One by Kathi Appelt, and many other marvelous picture books, uses a pastel palette of watercolors to capture the tender moments between the American mom and her rosy-cheeked Chinese baby. (Ages 3 to 6) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:15 -0400)

A woman describes how she went to China to adopt a special baby girl. Based on the author's own experiences.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,444,532 books! | Top bar: Always visible