Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi

Fuzzy Nation (edition 2012)

by John Scalzi

Member:JudithProctor
Title:Fuzzy Nation
Authors:John Scalzi
Info:Tor Science Fiction (2012), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, SF, owned, alien

Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi

Recently added byCSManley, twistfox, Jon_Hansen, being_b

A Sci-Fi legal thriller with the fate of a planet's indigenous people balanced against a soulless corporation. ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
Sometime in the future, when humans are mining and exploiting other worlds, we meet a surveyor, Jack Holloway, who may have had Indiana Jones in his ancestry. He has made what he thinks is the discovery of a lifetime in sunstones, a most precious and valuable resource, but his discoveries have only just begun.

This is a story which has been rewritten by Scalzi in order to update it. I have never read the original, but I enjoyed this one tremendously! It has humor, action, and a main character who is a lovable rogue and slightly unreadable to those around him. The planet, world and future are understandable, so we do not need to spend a lot of time learning how it works. Will Wheaton does a great job as the narrator. ( )
  MrsLee | Dec 26, 2016 |
I have several of John Scalzi’s books in my library. Those I do not have, I borrowed from the public library. I have always found his books quite entertaining but “Fuzzy Nation” tops them all. It has all of the charm of H. Beam Piper’s original “Little Fuzzy” (which is, I think, Piper’s best work, or at least the one I liked best) but with better character development and a tighter and better presented storyline. This is in no way a sequel to “Little Fuzzy” and you do not need to be familiar with that book to fully enjoy this one. This engaging tale will have you cheering and crying by the end. I highly recommend it. ( )
  DLMorrese | Oct 14, 2016 |
I didn't read the original Fuzzies books, I intend to, but this one I loved.
One of the best written books ever.

A bit too American in the bombastic way the hero does justice to the little fellows.
And the ending is not really a big surprise.
But very very good nevertheless. ( )
  Alfred.Faltiska | Aug 2, 2016 |
Wonderful! ( )
  Half-elf28 | Jun 1, 2016 |

John Scalziprimary authorall editionscalculated
Wheaton, WilNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is a retelling of

Jack Holloway set the simmer to HOVER, swiveled his seat around, and looked at Carl.

Jack Holloway, prospecting on Zara XXIII for ZaraCorp, finds an immensely valuable stream of sunstone. But when he forwards footage of the planet's catlike, native "fuzzies" to a biologist friend --who believes the "fuzzies" are sentient--hired company thugs, murder, and arson soon follow to protect ZaraCorp's mining interests.… (more)

121 wanted3 pay8 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,321,034 books! | Top bar: Always visible