Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi

Fuzzy Nation (edition 2012)

by John Scalzi

Member:JudithProctor
Title:Fuzzy Nation
Authors:John Scalzi
Info:Tor Science Fiction (2012), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, SF, owned, alien

Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi

I have several of John Scalzi’s books in my library. Those I do not have, I borrowed from the public library. I have always found his books quite entertaining but “Fuzzy Nation” tops them all. It has all of the charm of H. Beam Piper’s original “Little Fuzzy” (which is, I think, Piper’s best work, or at least the one I liked best) but with better character development and a tighter and better presented storyline. This is in no way a sequel to “Little Fuzzy” and you do not need to be familiar with that book to fully enjoy this one. This engaging tale will have you cheering and crying by the end. I highly recommend it. ( )
  DLMorrese | Oct 14, 2016 |
I didn't read the original Fuzzies books, I intend to, but this one I loved.
One of the best written books ever.

A bit too American in the bombastic way the hero does justice to the little fellows.
And the ending is not really a big surprise.
But very very good nevertheless. ( )
  Alfred.Faltiska | Aug 2, 2016 |
Wonderful! ( )
  Half-elf28 | Jun 1, 2016 |
This is the first Scalzi I've read and I loved it. I loved the protagonist and his friends (fuzzy ones included) and it was a masterfully told David vs. Goliath sort of tale. Great snappy dialog and just the right amount of twists and turns. Even though I could see where it was leading, I did not mind in the least being led there. ( )
  ndpmcIntosh | Mar 21, 2016 |
This was a lot of fun quick read. Fuzzy Nation was a great reinterpretation of an old story and it captured the feel of a golden or silver age sci-fi with the snarky, intelligent and heroic main charature who ends up three steps in front of everyone and 'saves the day.' ( )
  FarmerNick | Aug 31, 2015 |

John Scalziprimary authorall editionscalculated
Wheaton, WilNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is a retelling of

Jack Holloway set the simmer to HOVER, swiveled his seat around, and looked at Carl.

Jack Holloway, prospecting on Zara XXIII for ZaraCorp, finds an immensely valuable stream of sunstone. But when he forwards footage of the planet's catlike, native "fuzzies" to a biologist friend --who believes the "fuzzies" are sentient--hired company thugs, murder, and arson soon follow to protect ZaraCorp's mining interests.… (more)

121 wanted3 pay8 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,735,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible