Torn by Amanda Hocking

English (43)  Italian (1)  All languages (44)
In book 2 of this series, Wendy is learning to accept her life and place within the Trylle society. As she begins to adjust and learn all that is part of her new life, secrets are uncovered and she faces challenges that she never dreamed of! Can she over come those challenges and keep the love she has with Finn?

I enjoyed this series and I was pleasantly surprised that the book went beyond the 'expected story plot' that is usually found in today's young adult books.

The one major drawback for me with this series is it's view on marriage. It presents marriage in a rather flippant light and one that I feel could have been better addressed while still keeping with the flow of the story. ( )
  mrsrenee | Jun 29, 2015 |
Fair warning, if you have not read Switched, there may be spoilers in here from that book. It is kind of unavoidable.

Torn picks up where Switched left off. You find out where Wendy and Rhys were headed when they left Forening: They went home. Wendy wanted Rhys to meet Matt and see what he had missed out on. In the beginning, Matt is skeptical, but as the book follows along, he starts to accept and understand things a little better.

Torn has a lot more action than Switched, as the story unfolds more and you see how things are going to progress. It is easy to get lost in the story and find yourself riveted to the pages as you fall into the drama that unfolds. There is action, adventure, fantasy and romance, all rolled into one neat package. I loved Switched, and I loved Torn even more. I cannot wait to sit down and read Ascend and see how the saga will end.

If I had to give any criticism, it would have to be related to the editing in the novel. There were some grammatical inconsistencies that could be a little distracting to some readers, with some extra little words thrown in that don't really need to be there and make the sentence structure a little confusing. Beyond that, however, I really loved the book, and without those, it would have been a 5 star read.

I really highly recommend this to everyone who is a fan of YA or Fantasy or both, as this really is a must read in those genres. ( )

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

If I had to give any criticism, it would have to be related to the editing in the novel. There were some grammatical inconsistencies that could be a little distracting to some readers, with some extra little words thrown in that don’t really need to be there and make the sentence structure a little confusing. Beyond that, however, I really loved the book, and without those, it would have been a 5 star read.

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
We walked toward the ballroom to become the leaders the Trylle needed.

Wendy, a changeling troll princess, returns to her rightful home, a frightening, beautiful world where she discovers her new powers, fights enemies who want to use her abilities for evil, and struggles with romantic decisions.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,420,721 books! | Top bar: Always visible