Torn by Amanda Hocking

English (36)  Italian (1)  All languages (37)
I loved this book just as much as the first one if not a little more.

For one I was glad that it wasn't so predictable this time! In fact it had two rather big plot twist in the beginning and the end. I personally kind of thought the first one miiight happen but it still surprised me that it actually did happen. And then the thing with Tove: I didn't see that coming. I don't know but I don't think that was so obvious.

And I was sooo glad that we got to read more about Loki! I really enjoy reading about him though I always just ignore that he's got blond hair because for me this Loki is the Loki from the Marvel movies. And in a way he fits in my picture! I love his sarcasm even though sometimes he's close to using too much of it. But I do think that the way he acts towards Wendy is a bit crazy especially when he finds out about Tove.

While I really liked Finn in the first book I started to hate him in this one! Damn, he's such an ass! The way he acts around Wendy just makes me want to punch him!

And Wendy: I still don't like her but she's bearable.
Other than that I think the training is really interesting and I like the way it's described how they handle them.
But a thing that made me like Wendy a little more was when she started to care for the kingdom and thought about what would happen to the people if she did this or that (which is maybe more in the next book; I don't really know because I started the next book right away cause it was soo good!)

The short story was great though! It was really interesting to read from the boy's P.O.V.s. Finn's story didn't make me like him again, but I did enjoy reading about Loki's thought and Tove's as well because I'm excited to see if it goes where I hope it does. ( )
  JustSitAndWooui | Mar 1, 2014 |
Mi sta piacendo molto questa saga e devo dire che col tempo mi sono affezionata a tutti i personaggi!Corro a leggere Ascend! ( )
  Emanuela.Booklove | Oct 6, 2013 |
I really like the story line of the second book and I feel like the pacing is much improved from the first novel. The characters are still too unexplored for my taste. For example, Loki exits every time his character gets interesting and Willa flips her world outlook in one scene.

I was impressed with Wendy's growth in thus novel. She finally understands that she must make hard decisions and accepts the consequences of those decisions. ( )
  ErikaWasTaken | Sep 22, 2013 |
** spoiler alert ** I liked this book more than Switched (not that I didn't like that book), but I thought that the story picked up and had more of a flow (building tension, climax, resolution, etc.). The characters seemed better developed too. We were introduced to a couple of new ones this time as well.

In Torn, Wendy decides that she's done with Elora and the Trylle and that she's taking Rhys (her human counterpart) to meet his real brother, Matt. So, off they go. But, her decision to walk away from the Trylle and their world wasn't as easy as she assumed. Wendy soon discovers that her real father is alive and well and she gets to meet who has been after her from the start (the Vittra). After being rescued, Wendy finally has some actual conversations with her mother and learns more than she could have ever imagined about her life and about her future as the Princess and, ultimately, the Queen. Hocking does a good job showing how Wendy must grow up and learn to make difficult choices for the good of those around her. My biggest problem with Torn was that Wendy seems to keep attracting boys who cause her to flush, and feel tingly, and warm inside. Maybe this is just a reflection of the intended audience (YA), but it is a little shallow and juvenile. With that said, I thought that Hocking did a better job of wrapping up this second book better than the first one. It seemed to have enough of a resolution to feel like it was supposed to feel, but yet it left enough open for a third book.

I will definitely read more that Hocking has to offer. ( )
  mlh2 | Aug 6, 2013 |
I'm really enjoying this trilogy. The plot flows well and the characters are interesting. I'm also relishing the romantic tension and chemistry between the main characters. I went straight into book three. I couldn't wait. ( )
  TheLoopyLibrarian | May 15, 2013 |
We walked toward the ballroom to become the leaders the Trylle needed.

Wendy, a changeling troll princess, returns to her rightful home, a frightening, beautiful world where she discovers her new powers, fights enemies who want to use her abilities for evil, and struggles with romantic decisions.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,613,010 books! | Top bar: Always visible