Torn by Amanda Hocking

English (42)  Italian (1)  All languages (43)
Fair warning, if you have not read Switched, there may be spoilers in here from that book. It is kind of unavoidable.

Torn picks up where Switched left off. You find out where Wendy and Rhys were headed when they left Forening: They went home. Wendy wanted Rhys to meet Matt and see what he had missed out on. In the beginning, Matt is skeptical, but as the book follows along, he starts to accept and understand things a little better.

Torn has a lot more action than Switched, as the story unfolds more and you see how things are going to progress. It is easy to get lost in the story and find yourself riveted to the pages as you fall into the drama that unfolds. There is action, adventure, fantasy and romance, all rolled into one neat package. I loved Switched, and I loved Torn even more. I cannot wait to sit down and read Ascend and see how the saga will end.

If I had to give any criticism, it would have to be related to the editing in the novel. There were some grammatical inconsistencies that could be a little distracting to some readers, with some extra little words thrown in that don't really need to be there and make the sentence structure a little confusing. Beyond that, however, I really loved the book, and without those, it would have been a 5 star read.

I really highly recommend this to everyone who is a fan of YA or Fantasy or both, as this really is a must read in those genres. ( )

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

If I had to give any criticism, it would have to be related to the editing in the novel. There were some grammatical inconsistencies that could be a little distracting to some readers, with some extra little words thrown in that don’t really need to be there and make the sentence structure a little confusing. Beyond that, however, I really loved the book, and without those, it would have been a 5 star read.

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
First of all I love that this book starts right where the last one ended. Which means we get right down to business from page one. I like that everything is so secretive. Eventually you learn one secret, but realize there are still so many others you don't know. And all of those characters have some startling reveals towards the end of the book. It's also exciting to see how Wendy's powers are developing. I'm anticipating a rather action packed finale where not only Wendy, but the rest of those who have powers will finally get to use them. Overall this book is fantastic, and I can't wait to see how the series will end.

Once again this was a good and rather insightful short story. I liked how it was from 3 different pov's. And I was rather shocked that out of the 3, Tove's pov surprised me the most. He is a great character and means well. His motivations for doing things, I think, would benefit both he and Wendy. Even if he hasn't told her his full intentions yet. And of course, Loki's story just makes you feel sorry for the poor guy. ( )
  JosP | Feb 10, 2015 |
We walked toward the ballroom to become the leaders the Trylle needed.

Wendy, a changeling troll princess, returns to her rightful home, a frightening, beautiful world where she discovers her new powers, fights enemies who want to use her abilities for evil, and struggles with romantic decisions.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,289,232 books! | Top bar: Always visible