Tell to Win: Connect, Persuade, and Triumph…

Tell to Win: Connect, Persuade, and Triumph with the Hidden Power of Story (2011)

by Peter Guber

I always knew there was magic about telling stories... Just never seen in print before. I now understand why they are so important and why they work after reading this book. Peter does it in a way that you remember and but I know you can come back and read this book in a year and learn so much more.
Great book on how we learn and why! Found this a easy but good read. Now I know why sometimes it works and other time it does not. You have to read Tell to Win so you'll know. ( )
  jpg178 | Mar 14, 2013 |
Best-book-with-the-worst-name Award.
A brilliant reminder to craft your subway speech as well as your elevator one.
We are born to storytelling & your personal backstory is your brand. There is no substitute for researching your (target) audience.
The rich & famous gibber jabber is forgivable. A one cup read. ( )
  bookworx | Jan 2, 2012 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0307587959, Hardcover)

Guest Reviewer: Tony Hsieh

Tony Hsieh is the author of the New York Times bestseller Delivering Happiness and CEO of Zappos.com, Inc.

In less than 10 years, Zappos has grown from no sales in 1999 to over a billion dollars in gross merchandise sales annually. Our philosophy is to take most of the money that we would have otherwise spent on paid advertising or paid marketing and instead invest it into customer service and the customer experience, and let our customers do the marketing for us through word of mouth.

In other words, we're really just in the stories and memories business.

From an early age, Peter Guber seems to have intuitively grasped what I slowly learned over my entrepreneurial adventures, which is that the most profitable companies are those that form personal, emotional connections (which we internally refer to as "PEC" at Zappos) with customers. In Tell to Win, Guber shows how the stories we tell -- about our companies, our products, and ourselves -- are what elicit people's emotional reactions and drive word of mouth.

The book includes plenty of examples and guidance for breaking down how a story gets created and delivered. As I read through the book, I repeatedly had to put the book down to think for awhile, because so many stories in the book sparked new ideas on how to improve our business at Zappos.

I hope this book inspires you to create your own "never-ending story" to help take your business to the next level.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:09 -0400)

In "Tell to Win," Peter Guber masterfully demonstrates that telling purposeful stories is the best way to persuade, motivate, and convince who you want to do want you need.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,967,854 books! | Top bar: Always visible