Endgame (A Sirantha Jax Novel) by Ann…

Endgame (A Sirantha Jax Novel) (edition 2012)

by Ann Aguirre

Member:superant
Title:Endgame (A Sirantha Jax Novel)
Authors:Ann Aguirre
Info:Ace (2012), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages

Endgame by Ann Aguirre

Initial reaction: Not the best book in the lot, but I have such a soft spot for Jax and the gang, that I'm a bit forgiving with this series. I can't help but be saddened that it's all over. Sigh. No more Brown Bird and White Wave. Sigh. I is sad. ( )
  JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |
There are so many things I love about this series. The relationship between Jax and Vel is at times so deeply moving it makes me cry. And then there's March, who is her perfect mate in so many ways because they are both so screwed up. This book, feeling so much like a conclusion that I have little hope of seeing another in the series, was a solid entry that wraps up many story lines begun in previous books. It isn't my favorite book in the series, and yet I loved it for many reasons. Just do yourself a favor and start with [b:Grimspace|1828067|Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1)|Ann Aguirre|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1298780718s/1828067.jpg|1827857]. You won't regret it. ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
You can't argue against freeing an enslaved people as a good cause. But there's our protagonist, Jax, telling us how damn hard it is to blow up entire cities and execute families of nobles, including their children. And then she goes back to worrying about her weird little love triangle and, as the rebellion comes to a screaming climax, so do she and March in their little battlefield tent. Oh, and did I mention that Jax gets surgically altered to look young and beautiful, to do some undercover work as part of the rebellion? But that's ok, because March loves her for what's inside. Whoopee. This book left a bitter taste in my mouth and is a long way from where the series began. A truly unpleasant read that made me dislike Jax and her loved ones, despite their being on the right side of the fight to free a people. ( )
  ksimon | Feb 6, 2014 |
Ugh, I don't know. I still don't know how I feel about Jax's fuck everyone, I won't make any concessions to anyone philosophy. It only became a problem in books 5 and 6. Killbox (book 4) was basically where the series should have ended but Aguirre spent two more books exploring emo Jax. The tonal shift between 4 and 5 was as if I had started reading an entirely different series. And then again book 6 is completely different in tone.

It's also quite dull all told as it plods along with Jax taking a backseat in a revolution she enabled. (by the by, what the fuck was with Jax randomly finding the Maker homeworld and then having THE BIGGEST DISCOVERY IN HISTORY just thrown aside?)

We explore a bunch o' feels and Aguirre tries to find a way to resolve the bizarro love triangle she's written. That would be fine if Vel played any part in this book at all but he does little of anything throughout.

I think the low point in this whole philosophy lesson of a book is when the author has Jax go up to March and tell him to respect Sasha's decision and let a 13 year old kid go play soldier and start killing people with his mind. March, understandably, flips his shit and says a couple of things I'd been thinking all along but Aguirre has him repent later on because she doesn't want reality entering into this.

Mostly I just don't know how I feel about this ending of a series I enjoyed the first two thirds of. I realise the few years gap between me reading 1-4 and then 5 & 6 probably has me a little nostalgic for the first 4 books but I'm not going to spend days and weeks worrying over it. ( )
  NovaStalker | Jan 28, 2014 |
As a series, this was KICKASS.

I'm sad that it's over :( ( )
  snitchbitch | Sep 10, 2013 |

Sirantha Jax has the J-gene, which permits her to "jump" faster-than-light ships through grimspace. She loves nothing more than that rush, but the star roads have to wait. Her final mission takes her to La'heng, a planet subjugated during first contact. Since then, the La'hengrin homeworld has been occupied by foreign conquerors. All that' is about to change. Now, as part of a grassroots resistance, Jax means to liberate the La'hengrin. But political intrigue and guerrilla warfare are new to her, and this will be the most dangerous game she has ever played, spies and conspiracies, a war of weapons and hearts, and not everyone is guaranteed to make it out alive.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,770,715 books! | Top bar: Always visible