Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Conviction by…

Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Conviction

by Aaron Allston (Author)

Series: Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi (7), Star Wars (44 ABY)

Took me awhile to finish this one. It was actually interesting towards the end of the book, but it just took awhile to get there. The outcome of the Luke/Ben/Vestara mission was very unsatisfactory considering how much of the book was spent setting up this major plot point. The book even points this out.

This book did contain some important character resolutions and appearances for this series and for the EU in general. Daala and Tahiri both find themselves in very different positions compared to where they were at the beginning of this series. We get an appearance from Boba Fett, or do we? Oh yeah we do, but Boba is playing politics now and has to wear fake costumes and such. After the Legacy series he really did not need to come back. Callista makes an important appearance in this novel as well.

Of the three authors of this series, Aaron Allston always does the best. Allston does well writing characters like C-3PO and Allana in this book, something other authors seem to have trouble doing. He avoids writing Allana into another kidnapping scenario and shows her following her destiny that was foreshadowed in the last series. While she played an important role that showed her potential as a powerful force user it would have been good to see her stand on her own a little more, and not have to have others lend a helping hand.

I must have missed what happened to Vestara after the final confrontation, but I suppose you find out in the next book. I would rather find out what happened to her at the end of this book than Tahiri. ( )
  Porfinicle | Nov 4, 2014 |
Not as boring as the previous books in the series. Starts out blah, but picks up about half-way through and becomes an okay book. This particular Star Wars series is just not that great. Too many characters to try to fit into each book. Seems like they should make stories that focus on a smaller group of characters. ( )
  kevbayer | Jun 20, 2014 |
fun. ( )
  MilesVor | Apr 4, 2014 |
Building up momentem for the last two books of the series. It kept my interest but wavered a little. It felt that everything in this book was similar to the last. To the effect that it was only here to help develop the characters more. I've always been a fan of the core Star Wars characters but it may seem that its time to stick them with single stories rather than multi volume epics. ( )
  capiam1234 | Aug 14, 2013 |
  smcamp1234 | Aug 14, 2013 |

Allston, AaronAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Thompson, MarcNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Follows the efforts of Luke and Ben Skywalker to investigate the mysterious Abeloth with unlikely Sith allies while the exiled Grand Master and the Republic clash over the fate of the afflicted Jedi Order during the trial of Tahiri Veila.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,381,495 books! | Top bar: Always visible