Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Retribution

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

6702321,561 (3.83)1 / 15
Recently added byreadingover50, CurlUpAndRead, private library, rena75, silky7, littlebread, Lyndelle81

So this was definitely not my favorite in the series. The main characters were ok, but didn't really interest me. The book was more about Native American mythology, rather than Roman. I find it hard enough keeping all the old Gods straight, now we have to learn a whole new mythology? This might have been better as a new series, not trying to fit it into the Dark Hunter universe. Towards the end, I was just wishing the book would be over. And seriously, all those plagues unleashed on Las Vegas, and the humans are supposed to not know about the existence of the Dark Hunter world? It is getting hard to believe that the humans don't know what is going on. ( )
  readingover50 | Jun 11, 2019 |
I mostly liked this because I love the Dark-Hunter world. I contemplated giving it 2 or 2.5 stars as I couldn't really get into it too much. ( )
  PNRList | Aug 15, 2018 |
I was going crazy without another Dark Hunter book. I craved a new book in this series. I can't say it's my favorite in the series (I'm saving that space for Acheron's book and for Savitar's, whenever his book will be released) but I like the new angle, the new direction this book takes.

I loved Jess, the gunslinger. I liked the idea of him being the bad boy of his time, the man that makes every other people shake in fear, even if he was bad for a good reason. I adored his relationship with his Squire. Reminded me a little of Kyrian and Nick.

I liked the new pantheon. I also like the fact that Kenyon is mixing the Dark Hunter universe with the whole Apocalypse and the 2012 myths and I can't wait to see how the story develops later in The Guardian and in Time Untime.

Abigail's character was also fresh. I don't think there was another character who hated the Hunters so much and who, ironically, ended up in love with one. Yes, Stryker does hate the Dark Hunters, but he didn't marry one, thank God!

I think this is one of the few series I've read that even after twenty books can keep things fresh and appealing. Or at least that's how I feel. I do believe that Sherrilyn Kenyon is doing an amazing job with this series and I can't wait to see what happens next. Maybe we'll see more of Savitar in the near future? ( )
  Rubys.books | Oct 15, 2016 |
As a whole its great as a stand alone book. But, as part of a series,I was slightly disapointed. It's just too over the top with it attempting to blend the various mythologys together. ( )
  scorpio470952 | Sep 10, 2016 |
It just didn't suck me in like the rest of the series has. I'm not really sure what it was the characters just didn't do it for me I guess. Overall not bad, but I was definitely expecting more. ( )
  LenaR0307 | Jun 22, 2016 |

Harm no human…A hired gunslinger, William Jessup Brady lived his life with one foot in the grave. He believed that every life had a price. Until the day when he finally found a reason to live. In one single act of brutal betrayal, he lost everything, including his life. Brought back by a Greek goddess to be one of her Dark-Hunters, he gave his immortal soul for vengeance and swore he’d spend eternity protecting the humans he’d once considered prey. Orphaned as a toddler, Abigail Yager was taken in by a family of vampires and raised on one belief—Dark-Hunters are the evil who prey on both their people and mankind, and they must all be destroyed. While protecting her adoptive race, she has spent her life eliminating the Dark-Hunters and training for the day when she meeting the man who killed her family: Jess Brady.A gun in the hand is worth two in the holster…Jess has been charged with finding and terminating the creature who’s assassinating Dark-Hunters. The last thing he expects to find is a human face behind the killings, but when that face bears a striking resemblance to the one who murdered him centuries ago, he knows something evil is going on. He also knows he’s not the one who killed her parents. But Abigail refuses to believe the truth and is determined to see him dead once and for all.Brought together by an angry god and chased by ancient enemies out to kill them both, they must find a way to overcome their mutual hatred or watch as one of the darkest of powers rises and kills both the races they’ve sworn to protect.

Brought together by an angry god and chased by ancient enemies out to kill them both, hired gunslinger William Jessup Brady and orphaned vampire-raised Abigail Yager must find a way to overcome their mutual hatred or watch as one of the darkest of powers rises and kills both the races they've sworn to protect.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,560,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible