Holiday Sparks by Shannon Stacey

The Characters

Chloe Burke

Scott Quinn

The Story

It was nice to see a book where the man made a complete physical overhaul instead of the woman. Chloe and Scott are cute together. Though most of the book they were in their own little bubble, I’d love to see how their relationship plays out when they take it out to the real world.

The Random Thoughts

I didn’t really care for the way the narrator did Scott’s voice.

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Dec 6, 2014 |
I enjoyed the story. Cute read, good premise, and that Holiday feel-good connection. Worth the money. ( )
  carolburnside | May 15, 2014 |
Sorry, but to me romance isn't equivalent to sex. This short story is all about the sexual attraction, thoughts & deeds between the two main characters during a holiday fling. The 'love' that leads to the happy ending was unconvincing, at least to this listener. ( )
  leslie.98 | Dec 16, 2013 |
Sweet little story. Shannon Stacey is a new find of mine, and I have enjoyed everything I have read of her contemporaries. I don't usually enjoy short stories because everything seems rushed and roadblocks to happily-ever-after seem to magically disappear. Everything seemed believable (well, as believable as it gets in Romancelandia), roadblocks were dealt with realistically and they were a fun couple, likeable couple that seemed comfortable and happy together. ( )
  paideiamom | Sep 22, 2013 |
This was delectable and yummy! My kind of holiday for sure! ( )
  Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |

House-sitting for her parents seemed like a good idea, until the microwave blew up and the lights went out. Now Chloe Burke thinks upgrading the electrical system of her childhood home while they are away would make the perfect Christmas gift. Fortunately, there's an electrician in town who can get the job done by the holidays. Scott Quinn has wanted to get his hands on the Burkes' wiring for almost as long as he's wanted to get his hands on their daughter. Chloe didn't notice Scott back in high school, but she's noticing him now, and soon they're indulging in a little festive fun: no strings, no expectations. After all, Chloe plans to get out of this goldfish bowl of a town and back to her real life in Boston by New Year's.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,881,139 books! | Top bar: Always visible