Tighter by Adele Griffin

Tighter

by Adele Griffin

1442083,153 (3.88)8

A shivery and spooky ghost story. I have my doubts about the ending, but I enjoyed the ride. And finished it in practically one sitting.
  ewillse | Mar 23, 2014 |
  PatienceFortitude | Mar 6, 2014 |
Tighter is a modern interpretation of Henry James' "Turn of the Screw." I found myself sucked into the ghost story; the whole book, you aren't really sure if the ghosts are real or if Jamie is just hallucinating from the pills she is taking. The ending was just a little bit of a letdown, and that is the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars. ( )
  quilted_kat | Sep 13, 2013 |

Based on Henry James's "The Turn of the Screw," tells the story of Jamie Atkinson's summer spent as a nanny in a small Rhode Island beach town, where she begins to fear that the estate may be haunted, especially after she learns of two deaths that occurred there the previous summer.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,669,701 books! | Top bar: Always visible