Loose Ends: A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal…

Loose Ends: A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery - Book One (Mary… (original 2010; edition 2012)

by Terri Reid

Member:lindapanzo
Title:Loose Ends: A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery - Book One (Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mysteries) (Volume 1)
Authors:Terri Reid
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 278 pages
Tags:read in 2012-12, mystery, 2013 Challenge

Loose Ends by Terri Reid (2010)

A paranormal tale mixed with a mystery, a little bit of laughter, believable characters and a dash of romance. What more could you ask for.
This is the second time I've read this. I think I enjoyed it more than the first time, as I slowed down and savored the imagery. One thing about a good book is you can read it again and again. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jul 29, 2016 |
I picked this up as a Kindle freebie because I love a good ghost story. I was not disappointed. Mary a PI ex cop whose was killed in the line of duty was brought back to life to find she can see ghosts. They are drawn to her, she finds herself solving their issues so they can move on. It's not that bad till the murdered ghost start showing up and things get complicated. She is matched with a grieving Chief of Police who is running from his own ghosts. Together they stumble through this mystery and try to stay alive.
The pacing of this short story was very good and the characters well developed. The only problem I had with the writing was the over examined details- 400 thread count sheets, flooring, clothes...they just had no reason for being in the story. I have seen this happen with a lot of new authors. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read book 2 in this series. This new author is one I am going to watch. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
A great book loved the banter between the characters a very well deserved 5 stars would give it more. The characters well thought out and had the gift of the gab a wonderful story I would love to read more of Mary O'Reilly and the ghosts she helps. My thanksto the author Teri Reid for the privilege & pleasure of reading her wonderful book so to all happy reading from wee me. ♥☺ ( )
  weelinda | Aug 28, 2015 |
I want half stars! The villain was a little doofy ( )
  sraedi | Aug 24, 2014 |
FREE TODAY ON AMAZON
  Peepers82 | Sep 22, 2013 |

Dying is what changed Mary O’Reilly’s life. Well, actually, coming back from the dead and having the ability to communicate with ghosts is really what did it. Now, a private investigator in rural Freeport, Illinois, Mary’s trying to learn how to incorporate her experience as a Chicago cop and new-found talent into a real job. Her challenge is to solve the mysteries, get real evidence (a ghost’s word just doesn’t hold up in court), and be sure the folks in town, especially the handsome new police chief, doesn’t think she’s nuts. Twenty-four years ago, a young woman drowned in the swimming pool of a newly elected State Senator. It was ruled an accident. But now, as the Senator prepares to move on to higher positions, the ghost of the woman is appearing to the Senator’s wife. Mary is hired to discover the truth behind the death. She unearths a connection between the murder and the disappearance of five little girls whose cases, twenty-four years later, are still all unsolved. As she digs further she becomes the next target for serial killers’ quest to tie up all his loose ends.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,423,849 books! | Top bar: Always visible