Loose Ends: A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal…

Loose Ends: A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery - Book One (Mary… (edition 2012)

by Terri Reid

Member:lindapanzo
Title:Loose Ends: A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery - Book One (Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mysteries) (Volume 1)
Authors:Terri Reid
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 278 pages
Tags:read in 2012-12, mystery, 2013 Challenge

Loose Ends : a Mary O'Reilly paranormal mystery by Terri Reid

FREE TODAY ON AMAZON
  Peepers82 | Sep 22, 2013 |
I loved this story!

Mary O'Reilly is a former cop, shot in the line of duty, and revived from death as a result of her experience. Now she's a paranormal investigator, helping ghosts cross over as a result of her near-death experience. Mary is wise-cracking and tough as nails, but now she's uncovered a scandal neatly hidden for the past 24 years. She's a loose end and The murderer wants her dead.

The Illinois setting was familiar to me, although the often misspelled JoDaviess County was misspelled by this native. That is the only fault I Could find with this well-crafted mystery filled with suspense and intrigue. Can't wait to read more Mary O'Reilly mysteries.

Some of the other reviews I noticed were critical of errors and amateurish writing. I tend to be overly critical myself at times, and I also noted those same people added that they'd pick up the next in them series. That should tell you that the story redeems itself from any minor writing glitches, and I've seen as many and more snafus in traditionally published novels. I actually had to go back and double check that this was an indie. Again, I say we'll done. ( )
  Karla.Brandenburg | Apr 13, 2013 |
This is book one of a fun and very entertaining series about a woman PI who
can see ghosts. It sounds like it would be flaky and silly and nothing but fluff.
It is instead, a lot of fun with a very good story buried within. These are by no means
serious reads. But they are great for an afternoon of entertainment.

recommended. ( )
1 vote mckait | Apr 9, 2012 |
I think I will enjoy this series. Mary O'Reilly is a private investigator who can see and converse with ghosts. The new police chief is an interesting addition to the town and when Mary gets involved with the disappearance of young girls (40 years ago) he quickly learns about her powers and joins her in the investigation.d ( )
  Anntstobbs | Mar 7, 2012 |
Well done, and I've now added the rest of the series to my wish list!
  bkjake | Jan 14, 2012 |

Dying is what changed Mary O’Reilly’s life. Well, actually, coming back from the dead and having the ability to communicate with ghosts is really what did it. Now, a private investigator in rural Freeport, Illinois, Mary’s trying to learn how to incorporate her experience as a Chicago cop and new-found talent into a real job. Her challenge is to solve the mysteries, get real evidence (a ghost’s word just doesn’t hold up in court), and be sure the folks in town, especially the handsome new police chief, doesn’t think she’s nuts. Twenty-four years ago, a young woman drowned in the swimming pool of a newly elected State Senator. It was ruled an accident. But now, as the Senator prepares to move on to higher positions, the ghost of the woman is appearing to the Senator’s wife. Mary is hired to discover the truth behind the death. She unearths a connection between the murder and the disappearance of five little girls whose cases, twenty-four years later, are still all unsolved. As she digs further she becomes the next target for serial killers’ quest to tie up all his loose ends.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,541,730 books! | Top bar: Always visible