Sea Swept by Nora Roberts

Sea Swept (original 1998; edition 1998)

by Nora Roberts

This book has such a high rating that I was expecting spectacular, so I was more disappointed than I would normally be, I think. Roberts did a great job with the relationship between Cam and Seth, which I think was her true motivation in writing this story. The romance with Anna was a secondary plot at best, and I never really felt their connection leap off the page. I also prefer a hero who is more mature and dignified, where Cam was stuck at the maturity level of a 13 year old boy. And when Anna started throwing stuff at him, I had to wonder what kind of social worker would resort to that kind of physical violence. Just not what I expected, sadly. ( )
1 vote CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
This is the first book of the Chesapeake Bay series by Nora Roberts.
Focused on Cameron Quinn, the story is about a family, not of blood but of the heart, that needs to come together when a tragedy occurs in their lives.
By the hand of Nora Roberts we can see the family dynamics, the sense of belonging, of friendship and true love that comes only in the form of a true family. A nice and cozy romance about hope and trust that weaves you into the middle of this wonderful family and makes you want to belong. ( )
  Lost_Lenore | Dec 4, 2013 |
5 STARS

Cam is living the life in Monte Carlo when he receives an urgent message from his brother, Phillip. He rushes home to find his father on his death bed and a new, ten year old brother that is now his and his two brothers' responsibility. His life is put on hold to make sure Seth gets to stay a Quinn, and finds himself in a new business.

Nora Roberts has written over 200 books. How does she create so many unique stories and not repeat herself?! I know I would. There are so many facets to a Nora Roberts book. She can write a sizzling sex scene, and turn out one of the greatest thrillers I've ever read in one book. I love a good NR thriller, but this series is more of a family saga and I can honestly say it's the best saga/drama I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

For most of this book I thought Cam was an ass. The book starts off with Cam attempting to seduce a Sports Illustrated bikini model, and then once he gets the letter from Phillip, he tosses her out of his room NAKED! Towards the end of the book, when he's wooing Anna, falling in love, than making an ass of himself, I just thought he was an idiot. But he is a strong and caring family man, so at least he's got that going for him. I will admit he's very charming and has loads of sex appeal, so I understand why woman tend to fall into his lap—er, bed.

Anna is a strong female character at her finest. She overcomes her past and uses it to help troubled kids find loving homes. She prides herself on being objective when it comes to who would be suitable to care for foster kids. That is, until she's assigned Seth, a young boy that was in the process of being adopted by Cam's father before he died and left Cam and his brothers in charge of the new Quinn.

Things become more personal than ever for Anna. She's closer to Seth and the Quinn family than she usually would be. It doesn't help that it was lust at first sight for her and Cam. The man gets under her skin like nobody else has, and the next thing she knows, the heated fling turns out to be more than just sex. It might just be the real deal, but she doesn't let her growing feelings for Cam get in the way of what is most important: making sure Seth stays with the Quinns.

This book—hell, this series-—is one of the best I've read, yet. It's very dramatic and emotional, but it works for this book. It kept my interest, so much so that I could have read it in one sitting if I hadn't been so busy last week. I'd recommend this book to those of you who like Nora Roberts, contemporary romance, or family sagas.

Read more reviews and other bookish posts on No Book Left Behind Book Blog ( )
  Sarah_Hearts_Books | Oct 7, 2013 |
Good not great. Fairly typical contemporary romance. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 14, 2013 |
ereader ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |

Nora Robertsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Mota Gómez-Acebo, Almudena de laTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cameron Quinn n'était pas tout à fait soûl.

A champion boat racer, Cameron Quinn traveled the world spending his winnings on champagne and women. But when his dying father calls him home to care for Seth, a troubled young boy not unlike Cameron once was, his life changes overnight. . .

After years of independence, Cameron has to learn to live with his brothers again, while he struggles with cooking, cleaning, and caring for a difficult boy. Old rivalries and new resentments flare between Cameron and his brothers, but they try to put aside their differences for Seth's sake. In the end, a social worker, as tough as she is beautiful, will decide Seth's fate. She has the power to bring the Quinns together - or tear them apart. .

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0515121843, Mass Market Paperback)

Sibling trilogies are fast becoming Nora Roberts's forte. Sea Swept tells the tale of three brothers--all former juvenile delinquents adopted by Raymond Quinn and his wife, Stella. Cameron, Ethan, and Philip are as different as can be, but they are bound by their love and respect for their adoptive father, who has recently passed away. On his deathbed he asks his sons to look after their most recent brother, 10-year-old Seth, who--if the rumors are to believed--just may be Ray's biological son. Of course, the brothers don't know anything about caring for the young boy, and if social worker Anna Spinelli has anything to say about it, they won't. However, the sparks that fly over the fate of Seth are nothing compared to the romantic sparks that fly between Anna and Cameron. Nora Roberts once again proves why she is the premiere author of 1990s contemporary romance. Her stories have universal appeal, and Sea Swept is no exception.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:54:17 -0400)

A champion boat racer, Cameron Quinn traveled the world. But when his dying father calls him home to care for Seth, a troubled young boy not unlike Cameron once was, his life changes overnight. . . In the end, a social worker, as tough as she is beautiful, will decide Seth's fate.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,420,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible