Scorpia Rising by Anthony Horowitz

Scorpia Rising (2011)

by Anthony Horowitz

Series: Alex Rider (Book 9)

Recently added bylibrarygms, EddyT, Mr.Stafford, Rgruberorient, private library, buckslib, Hoormann

The last book in the 'Alex Rider' series. And being the finale, you can be sure that something explosive is going to happen. Then again, Alex Rider is a teenage spy for MI6, equipped with cool gadgets, so there's always something momentous about all his exploits. In this conclusion, does he 'graduate' on to become a super spy like James Bond, or does he reach the end of the line (hence, the last book)? *No spoilers, just a teaser... :)
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |
In this last Rider novel we see the reappearance of an old nemesis, the introduction of the vilest villain ever, and the death of a beloved character. Mr. Blunt retires. Mrs. Jones takes over MI6. Mr. Smithers isn't who he appears to be, and thankfully, Alex saves the day once again.

daatwood | Nov 21, 2013 |
Alex Rider: Scorpia Rising

Alex Rider is a 15 year old spy. His parents died shortly after he was born, in a plane crash. He was raised by his uncle Ian until he died in a car accident. Alex accidently discovers the truth when he walks into a junk yard and sees his uncle’s car filled with bullet holes. How does he handle the truth? Does he carry on the Rider legacy? In the final book of Alex Rider series, Alex goes to Cairo to take on his arch enemy: Sorpia. Sorpia is a criminal organisation that has only failed two operations, both because of Alex Rider. They set up an operation to get back the Elgin marbles, ancient Greek statues, back to Greece. This plan also is put in place to kill Alex. Scorpia was going to blackmail the British government to send the Elgin marbles back or they would show the whole world about Alex Rider. Alex finds out and spoils their plan for a third time to put Sorpia out of business. In the process, Scorpia kills Alex’s legal guardien (and his closest freind) Jackie. In the end, he moves to San Francisco to live with his girlfriend and her parents who moved to America from London.
I really like this series. I can relate to Alex’s troubles, which draw me into the books. I also love action packed books! I also love the ingenious plans and gadgets that Alex has! I would recommend this series to anyone who likes action.

By Alex ( )
  5SILit | Mar 19, 2013 |
This is an excellent book and is recommended to any Anthony Horowitz fans, and any spy book fans. It's probably aimed at slightly older readers, more specifically 10+, and is more for boys than girls, even though they might enjoy it too.

The story is about a boy called Alex Rider, who is a fifteen year old boy who is also a spy for the British Intelligence Service. In this book he faces old enemies, and struggles with not wanting to be a spy like his father and uncle before him.

It is the last book in the series, and its probably a good idea to read the other ones before reading this. Though there is a good introduction which is fairly descriptive, it would be easier for the reader to read the other books so it all makes sense.
  TLHelen | Nov 1, 2012 |
Sad ending to the series. I liked them all overall, but this wasn't my absolute favorite. Not the worst though :)I'd recommend it if you've liked the series. ( )
  FHFroggy | Mar 31, 2012 |
This is the ninth and final novel in the Alex rider series. I think this was by far the best one. I think it was the best because it is much more serious in tone and the author, Anthony Horowitz has become a better writer as the series progressed. I like how the whole story comes togther and old characters from past books come back into this one. Another good thing about this book is that it is long enough to be enjoyable but not too long that it becomes boring. The best thing in my opinon about this book is that the end of the book really makes the series come full circle and leaves you with little to no questions. I would reccomend this book to anyone that is a fan of the series and read the first 8 books. You won't regret reading this book.
added by acceleratedenglish | editStudent, Jack Sliefert (Dec 6, 2011)

Anthony Horowitzprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Prebble, SimonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Scorpia has dogged Alex Rider for most of his life. They killed his parents, they did their best to con Alex into turning traitor, and they just keep coming back with more power. Now the world's most dangerous terrorist organization is playing with fire in the world's most combustible land: the Middle East. No one knows Scorpia like Alex. And no one knows how best to get to Alex like Scorpia. Until now.

The chases have never been more intense, the fights more treacherous, or the risks so perilous to mankind. And this time, Alex won't get away.

Watch a Video

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:27 -0400)

When the world's deadliest terrorist organization, Scorpia, stirs up trouble in the Middle East, it is up to fourteen-year-old MI6 agent Alex Rider to thwart their plans.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,125,307 books! | Top bar: Always visible