Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor) by Lori…

Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor) (edition 2011)

by Lori Foster

201None60,218 (3.84)2
Member:Books_n_Things
Title:Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor)
Authors:Lori Foster
Info:HQN Books (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages

Trace of Fever by Lori Foster

On a romance reading binge. Getting ready to read some less fluffy books. This one seems to be typical Lori Foster. ( )
  lesmel | May 16, 2013 |
This one did not work for me at all. I found the heroine two dimensional and frustrating, and any attempts at making the sex side of things titillating fell completely flat. The deviance of the villains got more page time than any romance between the hero and heroine, and while I've fallen for some twisted characters in the past, these bad guys were as flat as the rest of the characters. Despite my dislike of the character development, there were some memorable moments that managed to get me through to the end. ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |
For the first third or so of the book, I had a really hard time buying the actions of the two main characters, Trace and Priss. They just didn't seem to be doing things that rational people would do, even in the situations in which they were in. In fact, Priss's character seemed to be a constant contradiction--her behavior never quite matched up with the way she was supposedly raised--and she never became "real" to me here. The first book was much stronger, in both character and plot. I'm hoping book three is more like it than this one.... ( )
  beckymmoe | Apr 3, 2013 |
Trace of Fever
2 Stars

Almost DNF - had to struggle to the end.

Weak characterization and a mediocre plot. The romance is boring and we know virtually nothing about the hero or heroine's motivations until over halfway through the book.

Moreover, I couldn't care less about Priss (awful name) who is TSTL or Trace although he does have some endearing moments. Their initial meeting is simply ridiculous - Trace immediately suspects that Priss is up to something with absolutely no indication of how and she automatically trusts him even though he is the villain's henchman (albeit undercover).

The writing is confusing at times with some awkward transitions and the final chapter is far too long.

All in all, don't bother unless you are continuing with the series. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Apr 2, 2013 |
A couple of things come to mind when I see this cover.
1. Lori Foster is a sexy man cover goddess!
2. Trace will forever be my favorite in this series!

While each man has an amazing story, Trace’s just managed to grab onto my heart strings and pull, just a little harder than the others.
Trace takes pride in doing the one thing he is exceptionally good at, bringing down the bad guys. As a professional mercenary, he has seen his fair share of horrendous, but at the same time, has stopped his fair share also. After his sister was taken by the very people he has worked so hard to eliminate, he makes it his life mission to personally seek them out and get rid of them. After all, what are big brothers for?!

Having found himself an “in” as a bodyguard to these very people, he’s deep undercover when he runs into his first snag, which happens to be in the form of a gorgeous woman. Priscilla is there with her own agenda and vendetta. You HAVE to love a girl with a mission dude. With the both of them out for revenge, it was only a matter of time before things went from running smoothing, to flat out freaking complicated.

Foster knows how to write her stories with an awesomeness that just keeps you coming back for more. I read this book in one sitting, simply because I refused to move until I knew how everything ended. That doesn’t happen with me very often lol. While I love me a strong Alpha Male lead, nothing hooks me on a book more than a female who can hold her own with the men at any give time! Watching the two of them butt heads more than they managed to work together, made for some great laughs. However, watching the romance unfold – be almost taken – & eventually become whole, made for some tears. Foster knows how to write them, let me tell you. No disappointments here.

If you do pick up this book, pay close attention to the side characters. The other men that work with Trace, along with the women they meet and family members, make this book hilarious. The banter between them all, as well as the ups and downs are amazingly written. They compliment the main characters so well and make the story have that many more dimensions. This book is one that is well worth the read! The entire series is, actually. ( )
  TabathaV | Aug 18, 2012 |

When Trace Rivers teams up with Priscilla Patterson to ruin corrupt businessman Murray Coburn, they must fight their attraction for one wrong move, one lingering embrace, will expose them to the wrath of a merciless opponent.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,448,908 books! | Top bar: Always visible