Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor) by Lori…

Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor) (edition 2011)

by Lori Foster

2081456,261 (3.88)2
Member:Books_n_Things
Title:Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor)
Authors:Lori Foster
Info:HQN Books (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages

Trace of Fever by Lori Foster

Love me these incredible soft hearted alpha males. While reading this book, I got the feeling I always get when I'm reading a Kristen Ashley book, and that feeling is that I'll be feeling all sort of things at once. And this not being a KA book, made all the more excited about it. The smart-mouthed heroine and the uber alpha-male hero against some pretty f****up guys and situations manage to have this sexy and sweet relationship, in spite of the obstacles. The other characters are always a delight to read about again and the new ones that are introduced to us, make us yearn for the next book all that much more. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
On a romance reading binge. Getting ready to read some less fluffy books. This one seems to be typical Lori Foster. ( )
  lesmel | May 16, 2013 |
This one did not work for me at all. I found the heroine two dimensional and frustrating, and any attempts at making the sex side of things titillating fell completely flat. The deviance of the villains got more page time than any romance between the hero and heroine, and while I've fallen for some twisted characters in the past, these bad guys were as flat as the rest of the characters. Despite my dislike of the character development, there were some memorable moments that managed to get me through to the end. ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |
For the first third or so of the book, I had a really hard time buying the actions of the two main characters, Trace and Priss. They just didn't seem to be doing things that rational people would do, even in the situations in which they were in. In fact, Priss's character seemed to be a constant contradiction--her behavior never quite matched up with the way she was supposedly raised--and she never became "real" to me here. The first book was much stronger, in both character and plot. I'm hoping book three is more like it than this one.... ( )
  beckymmoe | Apr 3, 2013 |
Trace of Fever
2 Stars

Almost DNF - had to struggle to the end.

Weak characterization and a mediocre plot. The romance is boring and we know virtually nothing about the hero or heroine's motivations until over halfway through the book.

Moreover, I couldn't care less about Priss (awful name) who is TSTL or Trace although he does have some endearing moments. Their initial meeting is simply ridiculous - Trace immediately suspects that Priss is up to something with absolutely no indication of how and she automatically trusts him even though he is the villain's henchman (albeit undercover).

The writing is confusing at times with some awkward transitions and the final chapter is far too long.

All in all, don't bother unless you are continuing with the series. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Apr 2, 2013 |

When Trace Rivers teams up with Priscilla Patterson to ruin corrupt businessman Murray Coburn, they must fight their attraction for one wrong move, one lingering embrace, will expose them to the wrath of a merciless opponent.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,125,961 books! | Top bar: Always visible