Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor) by Lori…

Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor) (edition 2011)

by Lori Foster

Member:Books_n_Things
Title:Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor)
Authors:Lori Foster
Info:

Trace of Fever by Lori Foster

Recently added bykybunnies, luv2read97, private library, Janicemo, weez910, dearheart, booksniff, msralways

Trace “Miller” is working undercover for a guy with a great deal of political connections who makes money in flesh trafficking. Since his sister had been kidnapped and rescued from traffickers, he’s determined to do his best to wipe out the trade, so wants to take out Murray as well as all of his connections.

So it doesn’t help at all when Priscilla (Priss) Patterson shows up at the office, saying she’s Murray’s daughter and wants to meet him. She’s got her own agenda to kill Murray and now Trace has to try to keep her from harm. A great deal could be avoided if they both weren’t so secretive as Priss doesn’t understand exactly what Trace is doing and keeps getting in his way.

I’d read the Love Undercover series before starting this one, so I was already familiar with Alice, the receptionist who has a main role in Bare it All. Actually I started reading this particular series because I wanted to read Trace’s story after her story.

What the author does best is creating a family of characters that grows with each book with all of the family being present in future books within the series. To that extent we get to know Trace, after having met him in When You Dare. Priss is new to us as is Matt, a hairdresser and apparently a good friend to Chris and Jackson, a new addition to the unit established by Dare and Trace.

The bad guys are over the top bad and not only do we witness sex between Priss and Trace, but between the bad guys as well. I could have done without that, but it does showcase what Helene is willing to do and how little Murray thinks of her.

This book, for the most part is just okay. There were sections I really enjoyed and others that dragged. The romance aspect had its moments, but without Chris and Matt giving her pep talks, I’m not sure it would have worked for me overall. ( )
  dearheart | Sep 7, 2014 |
Love me these incredible soft hearted alpha males. While reading this book, I got the feeling I always get when I'm reading a Kristen Ashley book, and that feeling is that I'll be feeling all sort of things at once. And this not being a KA book, made all the more excited about it. The smart-mouthed heroine and the uber alpha-male hero against some pretty f****up guys and situations manage to have this sexy and sweet relationship, in spite of the obstacles. The other characters are always a delight to read about again and the new ones that are introduced to us, make us yearn for the next book all that much more. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
On a romance reading binge. Getting ready to read some less fluffy books. This one seems to be typical Lori Foster. ( )
  lesmel | May 16, 2013 |
This one did not work for me at all. I found the heroine two dimensional and frustrating, and any attempts at making the sex side of things titillating fell completely flat. The deviance of the villains got more page time than any romance between the hero and heroine, and while I've fallen for some twisted characters in the past, these bad guys were as flat as the rest of the characters. Despite my dislike of the character development, there were some memorable moments that managed to get me through to the end. ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |
For the first third or so of the book, I had a really hard time buying the actions of the two main characters, Trace and Priss. They just didn't seem to be doing things that rational people would do, even in the situations in which they were in. In fact, Priss's character seemed to be a constant contradiction--her behavior never quite matched up with the way she was supposedly raised--and she never became "real" to me here. The first book was much stronger, in both character and plot. I'm hoping book three is more like it than this one.... ( )
  beckymmoe | Apr 3, 2013 |

When Trace Rivers teams up with Priscilla Patterson to ruin corrupt businessman Murray Coburn, they must fight their attraction for one wrong move, one lingering embrace, will expose them to the wrath of a merciless opponent.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,422,907 books! | Top bar: Always visible