Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor) by Lori…

Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor) (edition 2011)

by Lori Foster

Member:Books_n_Things
Title:Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor)
Authors:Lori Foster
Info:HQN Books (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages

Trace of Fever by Lori Foster

Undercover mercenary Trace Rivers loves the adrenaline rush of a well-planned mission. First he'll earn the trust of corrupt businessman Murray Coburn, then gather the proof he needs to shut down the man's dirty smuggling operation. It's a perfect scheme—until Coburn's long-lost daughter saunters in with her own deadly plan for revenge.

With a smile like an angel and fire in her eyes, Priscilla Patterson isn't who she seems to be. But neither is the gorgeous bodyguard who ignites all her senses. Joining forces to plot Coburn's downfall, Priss and Trace must fight the undeniable heat between them. For one wrong move, one lingering embrace, will expose them to the wrath of a merciless opponent….

Professional mercenary Trace Rivers is working undercover to bust corrupt business man Murray Corburn, that is until his daughter arrives. Priss HATES her father and is willing to help Trace. Now Trace has to keep her safe while he takes down her father.

Great book. This was not one of my favorite books in The Edge of Honor Series. I found Priss a hard character to like. Her back story was a tough one and I think that’s why her character has to be a strong and powerful women. I just wish she had softer moments with Trace. At the end of this book I am left wondering about who Priss’ father is? How did Trace get quite so invisible? What does Trace’s house look like??? Overall it is a great book and we get to know more about Trace.
  Cara_Ross | Aug 16, 2016 |
Trace of Fever
2 Stars

Almost DNF - had to struggle to the end.

Weak characterization and a mediocre plot. The romance is boring and we know virtually nothing about the hero or heroine's motivations until over halfway through the book.

Moreover, I couldn't care less about Priss (awful name) who is TSTL or Trace although he does have some endearing moments. Their initial meeting is simply ridiculous - Trace immediately suspects that Priss is up to something with absolutely no indication of how and she automatically trusts him even though he is the villain's henchman (albeit undercover).

The writing is confusing at times with some awkward transitions and the final chapter is far too long.

All in all, don't bother unless you are continuing with the series. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Jun 1, 2016 |
WOW! Where can I get a bodyguard like this? ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
This book is ridiculously easy to fall into. I started reading, got sucked in, and came up for air half way through the book and I didn't even realize it. I loved the theme surrounding this book, I don't think human trafficking gets nearly enough attention it needs to get. It is a large problem all over the world and I wish there was more normal people could do to combat it. Until then...we have Trace.

Priss's character, while pretty cool, confused me often. I could never get a real read on her between her acting for Murray and her normal self with Trace, I could never really tell where she stood. Trace however is a wonderful character, you know from page one what he is about and I like a straight forward character I can relate to. Some of the secondary characters were cool, such as Liger, the Maine Coon cat. I have a Norwegian Forest Cat, which Maine Coons are said to descend from, so I love Liger.

The plot of this book is not predictable, but nor surprising either. I liked it for what it was and I think it moved at an excellent pace. Ms. Foster's writing puts the reader at ease. You can free to get into the story and don't get distracted by extraneous detail or rambling. I will definitely read more from this author. I am so glad I found her.
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Trace “Miller” is working undercover for a guy with a great deal of political connections who makes money in flesh trafficking. Since his sister had been kidnapped and rescued from traffickers, he’s determined to do his best to wipe out the trade, so wants to take out Murray as well as all of his connections.

So it doesn’t help at all when Priscilla (Priss) Patterson shows up at the office, saying she’s Murray’s daughter and wants to meet him. She’s got her own agenda to kill Murray and now Trace has to try to keep her from harm. A great deal could be avoided if they both weren’t so secretive as Priss doesn’t understand exactly what Trace is doing and keeps getting in his way.

I’d read the Love Undercover series before starting this one, so I was already familiar with Alice, the receptionist who has a main role in Bare it All. Actually I started reading this particular series because I wanted to read Trace’s story after her story.

What the author does best is creating a family of characters that grows with each book with all of the family being present in future books within the series. To that extent we get to know Trace, after having met him in When You Dare. Priss is new to us as is Matt, a hairdresser and apparently a good friend to Chris and Jackson, a new addition to the unit established by Dare and Trace.

The bad guys are over the top bad and not only do we witness sex between Priss and Trace, but between the bad guys as well. I could have done without that, but it does showcase what Helene is willing to do and how little Murray thinks of her.

This book, for the most part is just okay. There were sections I really enjoyed and others that dragged. The romance aspect had its moments, but without Chris and Matt giving her pep talks, I’m not sure it would have worked for me overall. ( )
  dearheart | Sep 7, 2014 |

When Trace Rivers teams up with Priscilla Patterson to ruin corrupt businessman Murray Coburn, they must fight their attraction for one wrong move, one lingering embrace, will expose them to the wrath of a merciless opponent.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,095,977 books! | Top bar: Always visible