Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor) by Lori…

Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor) (edition 2011)

by Lori Foster

2692042,232 (3.88)2
Member:Books_n_Things
Title:Trace of Fever (Edge of Honor)
Authors:Lori Foster
Info:HQN Books (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages

Trace of Fever by Lori Foster

Trace of Fever
2 Stars

Almost DNF - had to struggle to the end.

Weak characterization and a mediocre plot. The romance is boring and we know virtually nothing about the hero or heroine's motivations until over halfway through the book.

Moreover, I couldn't care less about Priss (awful name) who is TSTL or Trace although he does have some endearing moments. Their initial meeting is simply ridiculous - Trace immediately suspects that Priss is up to something with absolutely no indication of how and she automatically trusts him even though he is the villain's henchman (albeit undercover).

The writing is confusing at times with some awkward transitions and the final chapter is far too long.

All in all, don't bother unless you are continuing with the series. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
Ok..Maybe its because I had just finished rereading Lori's SBC series or maybe it was just a damn good book but I loved this book.. The prequel novel with Jett and Natalie was a good romance but the action and adventure wasnt there.. The next book with Dare and Mollie had action but I would have liked to have read more about the kidnapping in the beginning. But I loved all the characters that were introduced in that book.. Chris is funny and so loveable as Dare's assistant... And getting our first glimpse of Trace and his sister Alani (which by the way after reading this book - I cannot wait for Jackson and Alani's book). This book starts off with Trace undercover and Priscilla comes in and throws a monkey wrench in his plans for the bad guy.. And the action just goes from there.. This book is Lori Foster at her best.. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
Undercover mercenary Trace Rivers loves the adrenaline rush of a well-planned mission. First he'll earn the trust of corrupt businessman Murray Coburn, then gather the proof he needs to shut down the man's dirty smuggling operation. It's a perfect scheme—until Coburn's long-lost daughter saunters in with her own deadly plan for revenge.

With a smile like an angel and fire in her eyes, Priscilla Patterson isn't who she seems to be. But neither is the gorgeous bodyguard who ignites all her senses. Joining forces to plot Coburn's downfall, Priss and Trace must fight the undeniable heat between them. For one wrong move, one lingering embrace, will expose them to the wrath of a merciless opponent….

Professional mercenary Trace Rivers is working undercover to bust corrupt business man Murray Corburn, that is until his daughter arrives. Priss HATES her father and is willing to help Trace. Now Trace has to keep her safe while he takes down her father.

Great book. This was not one of my favorite books in The Edge of Honor Series. I found Priss a hard character to like. Her back story was a tough one and I think that’s why her character has to be a strong and powerful women. I just wish she had softer moments with Trace. At the end of this book I am left wondering about who Priss’ father is? How did Trace get quite so invisible? What does Trace’s house look like??? Overall it is a great book and we get to know more about Trace.
  Cara_Ross | Aug 16, 2016 |
WOW! Where can I get a bodyguard like this? ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
This book is ridiculously easy to fall into. I started reading, got sucked in, and came up for air half way through the book and I didn't even realize it. I loved the theme surrounding this book, I don't think human trafficking gets nearly enough attention it needs to get. It is a large problem all over the world and I wish there was more normal people could do to combat it. Until then...we have Trace.

Priss's character, while pretty cool, confused me often. I could never get a real read on her between her acting for Murray and her normal self with Trace, I could never really tell where she stood. Trace however is a wonderful character, you know from page one what he is about and I like a straight forward character I can relate to. Some of the secondary characters were cool, such as Liger, the Maine Coon cat. I have a Norwegian Forest Cat, which Maine Coons are said to descend from, so I love Liger.

The plot of this book is not predictable, but nor surprising either. I liked it for what it was and I think it moved at an excellent pace. Ms. Foster's writing puts the reader at ease. You can free to get into the story and don't get distracted by extraneous detail or rambling. I will definitely read more from this author. I am so glad I found her.
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |

When Trace Rivers teams up with Priscilla Patterson to ruin corrupt businessman Murray Coburn, they must fight their attraction for one wrong move, one lingering embrace, will expose them to the wrath of a merciless opponent.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,643,236 books! | Top bar: Always visible