Eat Slay Love by Jesse Petersen
12014146,033 (3.83)3

What happens when you’re transporting a potential zombie cure to civilization and then discover the cure might be something slightly different than you expected? And, as you try to figure that out, you’ve got to keep it secret from an inquisitive former entertainment reporter you’ve rescued along the way? Eat Slay Love gives you a pretty good idea.

Read my review here: http://www.thegenretraveler.com/book-reviews/eat-slay-love-jesse-petersen/ ( )
  CarmaSpence | Jul 26, 2018 |
Dave and Sarah have the cure and are on the road to the rumored Midwest Wall, hoping to deliver the cure to government scientists. Along the way, they run into Nicole Nessing, a reporter from a TMZ type TV show. Of course, it hasn’t been broadcasting during the apocalypse but Nicole is still filming. She thinks that when this is all over (will it ever be over?), she’ll get rich off of all the footage she’s shot. This makes her a pretty annoying character.

As they journey towards the Wall, they encounter numerous obstacles that I won’t go into detail about for fear of spoiling it for you. Along the way, Sarah notices that Dave is exhibiting some strange behavior that she doesn’t quite know what to make of. Dave himself is slow to notice.

In Eat Slay Love, Dave and Sarah come closer to finding out how and why the zombie apocalypse started but they don’t find everything out. Hopefully, that will come in the next book. Apparently, the fourth installment is the last. I read on the author’s blog that she didn’t continue on with the series after the fourth because sales of the third weren’t that great. And now I’m having trouble finding a copy of the fourth book, The Zombie Whisperer. It’s not on Amazon anymore. I tweeted the author but I haven’t heard back yet. I hope I can find a copy and that it doesn’t end with a major cliff hanger that’s never going to get resolved! ( )
  mcelhra | Oct 3, 2017 |
Cassandra Campbell
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
Humorous and scary at the same time, a real zombie adventure. This book takes you places you never hope to see and it does it with a sense of humor. The main characters are a couple just out of couple therapy, full of witty comments and love for each other.
Dave and Sarah race across the US to reach the safe zone in Illinois. The world has been eaten by brain craving zombies. They shot, cut and blow there way along their path meeting some a few unique characters along the way. My favorite being a drugged out rock star. They stubble into bad luck and then more bad luck. Ah, but there is a tricky surprise with Dave that may help them survive after all.
It was a slow start for me but by the end of the book I was so hooked ! I really like the character and want to know how it all ends for them. I can’t wait for the next book in this series. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

A heartwarming tale of terror in the middle of the Zombie Apocalypse.

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,574,160 books! | Top bar: Always visible