The New Normal: An Agenda for Responsible…

The New Normal: An Agenda for Responsible Living

by David Wann

201515,329 (3.83)None

The New Normal was truly an incredible read! The book has kept me mesmerized by it's fantasic chapters. David Wann has created yet another bestselling book that rivals Affluence and Simple Prosperity. I dearly want to thank Goodreads in which through its giveaways I have gotten this book! ( )
  DivyaL. | Mar 20, 2011 |

In Simple Prosperity, Dave Wann showed readers how to have an abundant, sustainable life. In The New Normal, he challenges us to do some heavy lifting and transform our non-sustainable culture by transforming ourselves.  For Wann, our current "old normal" lifestyle - buying water in disposable bottles, allowing the government to ignore global warming - will not preserve the planet.  To nurture our world, he challenges us to rethink our lives, stand up for a healthy planet and move towards a "new normal" lifestyle in an agenda that includes:
- Initiating local business alliances that actively lobby for local buying.
- Creating an investment strategy that values the balance of nature.
- Supporting the design, manufacture, and use of products made with natural chemicals.
- Publicly advocating a more efficient use of water by placing a higher cultural value on wetlands, streams, rivers, and lakes.
The New Normal is Dave Wann's way forward, a blueprint for a better life that preserves our world.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:48 -0400)

The author of Simple Prosperity urges readers to promote environmental health by lobbying for sustainable lifestyle habits, covering such practices as buying locally, using natural chemicals and conserving water.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,122,435 books! | Top bar: Always visible