Basic Christianity (Ivp Classics) by John…

Basic Christianity (Ivp Classics) (original 1965; edition 2012)

by John Stott

2,867132,938 (4)6
Member:Kirk1810
Title:Basic Christianity (Ivp Classics)
Authors:John Stott
Info:IVP Books (2012), Paperback, 192 pages
Collections:Apologetics

Basic Christianity by John R. W. Stott (1965)

Recently added bybriantnek, private library, JonHanson, dannyp777, KigaliLibrary, DeanBertsch, Craig77, jonnykparker, JMJR
Legacy LibrariesKaren Blixen

John Stott in this book goes through basics of Christian faith. It's simple, easy read and loved his lucid writing. I would recommend this for new followers of Christ, and skeptics who want to understand what the Christian faith really means.

--Deus Vult
Gottfried ( )
  gottfried_leibniz | Apr 5, 2018 |

--Deus Vult
Gottfried ( )
  gottfried_leibniz | Apr 5, 2018 |
I consider this one of the best introductions to Christianity available. ( )
1 vote blw777 | Oct 25, 2016 |
Christianity
  CPI | Aug 1, 2016 |
In this book Stott walks you through “Basic Christianity” but not on a basic level. This short book is packed full of explanation and examples of how God is reaching out for you. He explains how to come into true relationship with Jesus. I would recommend this book to new believes or long time followers wanting a refresher course. ( )
1 vote JWarrenBenton | Jan 4, 2016 |
"Am Anfang schuf Gott..." Diese ersten Worte der Bibel sind der Schlüssel zum Verständnis der ganzen Heiligen Schrift.

World-renowned scholar and preacher John R.W. Stott embarks on a compelling course of study that first defends the fundamental claims of Christianity and then defines the proper overworkings of these basic beliefs in the daily lives of believers. Here is a sound, sensible guide for those who are seeking an intellectually satisfying presentation of the Christian faith.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:28 -0400)

"We must commit ourselves, heart and mind, soul and will, personally and unreservedly, to Jesus Christ. We must humble ourselves before him. We must trust him as our Savior and submit to him as our Lord; and then go on to take our place as loyal members of the church and responsible citizens in the community. This is basic Christianity, the theme of this book." With these words, world-renowned preacher John Stott embarks on a compelling study that first defends the basic claims of Christianity and then defines the proper outworkings of those main beliefs in the daily lives of believers. --from publisher description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,755,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible