Ingenue by Jillian Larkin
Recently added byMABoone, private library, recrawfo, poetryfreak38, Steph1203, Faith-Angela, Eowyn1, shannonlizdal

Wow! Just as good as the first one! Can't wait to get my hands on the third! ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
I enjoy these books so much! Fun & dishy!! ( )
  MargaretArmour | Dec 28, 2013 |
I enjoy these books so much! Fun & dishy!! ( )
  margaret.armour | Jul 15, 2013 |
Okay, so I enjoyed Ingenue a smidge more than the first book, mostly because the plot was faster-paced and more exciting. Other than that, though, I found the book mediocre for all the same reasons as I thought that about Vixen. Clara had more personality, but I thought Lorraine was a very poorly-written villainess: easily distracted, still needlessly caught up in the whole jealousy/hatred thing, and not really terribly intelligent despite how her character is supposed to be smart. The plot was, again, choppy and at times inconsistent. I was utterly baffled by some of the characters' decisions that seemed to not take into account the immediacy of acting to stop problems or how they would affect relationships. But of course, the book ends with another lead into a sequel that makes readers want to continue with the series. ( )
  SusieBookworm | Jun 18, 2012 |
We read the first in this series, Vixen, last year for book club. I loved it but never got around to reading book 2. I am sorry I waited so long, because I just finished Ingenue, Book 2, and I loved it too!

The flappers this books revolves around are three very different girls - Gloria, Lorraine, and Clara. We got to know them in Vixen, but Ingenue shows the girls in the midst of growing up and becoming women rather than girls. Gloria and Jerome have a new set of problems, and have not yet solved their first set. Lorraine is the manager of high end club, but needs to get out from under the thumb of Carlito and have some confidence. And Clara must confront her demons - can she really do it? We also meet new characters such as Hank, who I desperately hope is in book 3 because he has some 'splaining to do, and also we learn more about Jerome's sister Vera, and Evan a trumpet player.

They are starting to become actualized and independent, but have not left their problems behind, only escaped them momentarily. In Ingenue, these problems come to a head for all of them, and you will have to read to see how it all turns out.

These are fun books and if you have ever daydreamed about being a flapper, these books are for you. ( )
  cinnamonowl | Jun 10, 2012 |

Power . . . love . . . scandal . . .
There’s never enough to go around.

In the city that never sleeps, Lorraine Dyer is wide awake. Ever since she exposed Clara Knowles for the tramp she was—and lost her closest confidante in the process—Lorraine has spent every second scheming to make her selfish, lovesick ex–best friend pay for what she did. No one crosses Lorraine. Not even Gloria.

True love conquers everything—or so Gloria Carmody crazily believed. She and Jerome Johnson can barely scrape together cash for their rent, let alone have a moment to whisper sweet nothings in the dark. And if they thought escaping Chicago meant they’d get away with murder . . . they were dead wrong.

Clara was sure that once handsome, charming Marcus Eastman discovered her shameful secret, he’d drop her like a bad habit. Instead, he swept her off her feet and whisked her away to New York. Being with Marcus is a breath of fresh air—and a chance for Clara to leave her wild flapper ways firmly in the past. Except the dazzling parties and bright lights won’t stop whispering her name. . . .

INGENUE is the second novel in the sexy, dangerous, and ridiculously romantic Flappers series set in the Roaring Twenties . . . where revenge is a dish best served cold.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:29 -0400)

Unaware that a hired killer has followed them from Chicago, three eighteen-year-old flappers relocate to separate sections of New York City where their lives still revolve around speakeasies and rich boyfriends.

80 wanted2 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,634,531 books! | Top bar: Always visible