Curiosity Thrilled The Cat by Sofie Kelly

Curiosity Thrilled The Cat (2011)

by Sofie Kelly

English (16)  Piratical (1)  All languages (17)
Our heroine is a librarian who is new to town and here to help refurbish the library and work as the new head librarian. She has two magnificent cats that she rescued from a abandoned field when they where kittens. They seem to be more that the average cats however. The cats steal the story with their abilities and general cuteness. Owen, one of the cats suffers from a terrible cat nip addiction. it's so cute. : ) She has this bit where she bakes goodies for everyone for almost any reason. (my kind of girl !) Everything is going fairly well, till our librarian finds a body and then the twists and turns delve into the darker side of the town's people. There is and attractive detective, several shifty towns folk, a lie long thought buried.
It was a nice cozy mystery. Low on the violence, language and very low on the smut scale. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I was skeptical about the magic cats portion of this book but it wasn't over the top and they mystery was interesting although not that surprising. I'll try out the next books in the series since I already have them before I can say I enjoy the series. ( )
  jvizza | Jan 18, 2016 |
All cat owners think their cats are special, but Kathleen Paulson’s cats really are! Leaving behind Boston and her broken heart, Kathleen is making a new life for herself, at work restoring a library in Minnesota. One day while exploring an abandoned house, she discovers that she has two ardent followers – a tabby cat and a tuxedo cat. Now named Owen and Hercules, she is amazed to discover each has a hidden talent. But what really shocks her is her discovery of a dead composer at the theatre. More distressing is that it seems someone is setting Kathleen up to be the fall guy in the murder. With a little help from her friends – the four-footed variety – Kathleen sets out to find the culprit. The first in a series, this cozy of magical cats will charm the socks off you. ( )
1 vote Maydacat | Nov 10, 2014 |
Kathleen Paulson left her life in Boston behind to be head librarian in Mayville Heights, Minnesota. Shortly after moving she is adopted by two cats who literally follow her home. Owen is a tabby with a catnip addiction and Hercules is a tuxedo cat that shares Kathleen's fondness of Barry Manilow. Small town life is nice and quiet until murder interrupts Mayville's Summer Music Festival and Kathleen suddenly finds herself as one of the main suspects.

This was a fun, cat-themed mystery. A light, easy read that was a nice change from what I had been reading lately. The mystery itself is fairly easy to guess after a few clues though Kelly did try to throw in a little twist that made me second guess myself for a chapter or two. The cats' magical abilities were down played. I hope they are developed more in future books. ( )
1 vote Narilka | Sep 22, 2014 |
A delightful mystery in which Kathleen, a librarian moves from Boston to a small town in Minnesota to oversee the restoration of the town library. Construction delays, minor accidents and two cats with unusual habits keep Kathleen busy while she tries to solve a murder. An array of interesting friends and neighbors and a persistent detective add to the story, making a fun and entertaining read with a satisfying ending. ( )
  astraplain | Jun 20, 2014 |
The body was smack in the middle of my freshly scrubbed kitchen floor.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451232496, Mass Market Paperback)

When librarian Kathleen Paulson moved to Mayville Heights, Minnesota, she had no idea that two strays would nuzzle their way into her life. Owen is a tabby with a catnip addiction and Hercules is a stocky tuxedo cat who shares Kathleen's fondness for Barry Manilow. But beyond all the fur and purrs, there's something more to these felines.

When murder interrupts Mayville's Music Festival, Kathleen finds herself the prime suspect. More stunning is her realization that Owen and Hercules are magical-and she's relying on their skills to solve a purr-fect murder.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:44 -0400)

Small-town librarian Kathleen Paulson had no idea two stray cats could nuzzle their way into her life. But when murder interrupts Maryville Heights' music festival, Kathleen finds herself the prime suspect. She's relying on Owen and Hercules to solve a purr-fect murder.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,052,111 books! | Top bar: Always visible