Darker After Midnight: A Midnight Breed…

Darker After Midnight: A Midnight Breed Novel (edition 2012)

by Lara Adrian

Info:Delacorte Press (2012), Hardcover, 384 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:*****

Darker After Midnight: A Midnight Breed Novel by Lara Adrian

Paranormal Romance. Midnight Breed 10. Chase gives himself up to the police so the rest of the Breed warriors can escape. Tavia works for the senator that is ensorcelled by Dragos. OK-
  C4RO | Jun 1, 2015 |
Darker After Midnight by Lara Adrian Midnight Breed Series book 10
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |
Another great installment in this series. I've been waiting to read Chase's story since he was first introduced. He was such an intriguing character to me, and I'm glad that his story was told well.

We saw a lot more action in this book than we've seen in past ones, which was very welcome. The story finally moved forward -- and holy hell, did it.

I'm a little confused if this is the last book or not. I'm not sure where else she would go with it, but I thought that this plot point wrapped up fairly quickly in the book and could have been stretched out a bit more. It was a lot of build up for a very fast and perfect ending (complete with babies! From freaking EVERYONE! I found it odd (and convenient) that so many of the couples wanted children after less than a year together, especially when their time is measured in such huge increments.). ( )
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |
This is the latest of the series and I believe that it is the best. We have spent a long time getting to know the backstory and the lead-in to Chase's slide down. Lucan we see approaching bloodlust and Tegan we hear how he did fall in the past. But here we see the tipping point that Chase faces.

Adrian has done and excellent job throughout the series in foreshadowing and plot development. She is an excellent writer and this novel is no exception. ( )
  Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |
I am deeply satisfied. For now. Yet, I am dying to see where the author goes now.
  LisaT131 | Sep 21, 2013 |
To my amazing readers and online communities both in the United States and abroad, with deep appreciation and humbled thanks for all the enthusiasm and support you've given my books. I hope you enjoy the rest of the adventures still to come! And to John, always, for more than any words could say.
'The charges are set, Lucan. Detonators are ready whenever you say the word. On your go, it all ends right here.'
Do not combine with the 2-in-1 containing a bonus story.

In the dark of night, a blood war escalates within the hidden world of the Breed. After existing in secret for many long centuries, maintaining a fragile peace with the humans who walk beside them unaware, a single act of retaliation has put the entire vampire nation at risk of discovery. It falls to the Order—a cadre of Breed warriors pledged to protect their own and humankind alike—to stop Dragos, the power-mad vampire at the center of the conflict, before his push for domination can explode into catastrophe.

At the center of the Order’s quest is Sterling Chase, once a morally rigid enforcer of Breed law, now a warrior fallen from grace, whose biggest battle is the one he wages against his own savage nature. With addiction beckoning him toward eternal darkness, Chase’s path to redemption has never seemed more out of reach. But when his eyes meet those of Tavia Fairchild, a beautiful witness who identifies him at the scene of a mission gone terribly wrong, Chase finds himself drawn to the woman—and convinced she is something much more than she seems.

Pulled into a vortex of intrigue and danger she can neither resist nor understand, Tavia is uncertain whom to trust. And while everything sane and logical warns her against getting close to Chase, she cannot deny that the handsome, deeply haunted male stirs something primal and ravenous within her. But even as she surrenders to her cravings, nothing can prepare her for the shattering truth of who—and what—she truly is.

As the Order’s enemy mobilizes for the battle of the ages, Dragos and his Minions unleashing a hell on Earth like nothing ever seen before, Chase and Tavia are thrust into the heart of the violence. With time running out and the streets running red with the blood of innocent lives, both Breed and human, together Chase and Tavia must find a way to defeat Dragos once and for all—or die trying.

"The tenth and final novel in Lara Adrian's New York Times bestselling Midnight Breed vampire romance series is a thrilling conclusion to the series that reveals secrets that fans will be dying to know!"--

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,257,209 books! | Top bar: Always visible