Ascend by Amanda Hocking

Ascend

by Amanda Hocking

Other authors: Jason Letts (Editor)

Series: Trylle Trilogy (3)

English (43)  Italian (1)  All languages (44)
I knew it would end with me totally pissed. And I am. The story is as riveting as the others and a complete nail biter/page turner that I raced through. I like the overall story but I won't pretend for a second that I even remotely like the ending. Amanda is a talented writer and this is the second series from her that I have latched onto and loved the characters. She writes these so that you find yourself wrapped up and feeling a part of the story. I completely recommend the Trylle trilogy to everyone but in my head I am rewriting the ending. ( )
  jessica_reads | Mar 24, 2015 |
Okay, so I am going to try to do this without spoilers but it is going to be hard!

I read the first book in this series a while back, though I did not review it at the time as I was not posting reviews at that point. I will try to reread it in the near future and post a review for you folks.

I posted my review of the second book in the series earlier today and was extremely grateful that I got Barnes and Noble gift cards for my birthday on the 18th so that I could get the next one immediately. I had to sit down and start reading, and have now finished it in under 12 hours. Yes, it is that good. The editing issues I mentioned in my review of Torn are not a problem here, as it would appear that this work was just edited better. I was unable to put it down, and that is high praise from me as I am not afraid to walk away from a book if it sucks.

The character development throughout the series as a whole was just absolutely amazing. You feel yourself drawn to the characters and sucked into the story. This series really does have it all. There is drama, action, adventure and romance all rolled into one. The forbidden love from the first book has morphed and changed, but you will not find yourself disappointed at all. The ending is absolutely perfect, and I especially loved the little short story that was included at the end of this one. A lot of books leave you hanging, wishing you could know what happened down the line, but this author did a good job of tying up loose ends in a short story she includes for her readers to enjoy.

Overall, this was an excellent book and I feel everyone needs to read this one! ( )

Amanda Hockingprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Letts, JasonEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Duty-bound to marry her friend Tove in order to give the Trylle people their strongest king and queen in history, Wendy, a changeling troll princess, is torn between two other suitors, Finn and Loki.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,289,585 books! | Top bar: Always visible