Ascend by Amanda Hocking

by Amanda Hocking

Other authors: Jason Letts (Editor)

Series: Trylle Trilogy (3)

English (48)  Italian (1)  All languages (49)
As a Harry Potter fan, (which is unusual for me, i like romances) i thought i'd give this a go - i was not dissapointed. I really liked Wendy, and Amanda's style of writing, so much so that i have read all the Trylle books. Highly recommended. ( )
  RomancingAmy | Sep 3, 2015 |
I wasn't super invested in this series. I mean, I liked it, but I wasn't DYING to read it, I was just interested. The beginning was a turn off. There was so much backstory and regurgitation of old events that I might as well not have read them. (Seriously, does anyone start a series in the middle? If so, they should be left lacking rather than me having to reread the same thing a third time.)

Then, things got good, REALLY good. The whole Loki/Finn thing felt a little convenient, but I liked it in a guilty-pleasure sort of way. Wendy seemed to cry and have someone tell her to stop crying in every scene, which made me not like her as much. But Loki made up for it. He's one of the best characters I've read in a long time. I couldn't put it down and actually read the whole thing in one day. ( )
  rachelmccoy | Aug 30, 2015 |
.. ( )
  Wolf_xo101 | Jul 3, 2015 |
I don't want to spoil your reading so all I will say is ... the final book of this series is absolutely captivating!

I enjoyed this series and I was pleasantly surprised that the book went beyond the 'expected story plot' that is usually found in today's young adult books.

The one major drawback for me with this series is it's view on marriage. It presents marriage in a rather flippant light and one that I feel could have been better addressed while still keeping with the flow of the story. ( )
  mrsrenee | Jun 29, 2015 |
I typically do not write anyting with spoilers and this still will not include big ones but it will include a few hints and pieces of information you might not want to know...so stop now if you haven't read the series yet.

I have to admit that this book left me a bit fustrated after really enjoying the first two books in this series so much. The beginning of this book confused me a bit since rather than picking up where Switched left off it went back in time about a week. I also found it strange that all of a sudden Wendy's had control over her powers and needed very little training when she could barely use them at the end of Switched.

I thought Wendy's final relationship developed a bit to fast...in fact I litterally yelled at my book a couple of times. There were a few areas that were predictable and others that I didn't see coming and thought "why didn't she do it this way?"

Despite these things I still really liked the overall idea of the story. I know Amanda Hocking has said that this will be the end of the series...but I would love to see here write additional stories set in this world for some of the other characters (if I mentioned who, I would give away the end of the book)! She could even expand it to some of the other Troll Villages!
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |

Amanda Hockingprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Letts, JasonEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Duty-bound to marry her friend Tove in order to give the Trylle people their strongest king and queen in history, Wendy, a changeling troll princess, is torn between two other suitors, Finn and Loki.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,767,834 books! | Top bar: Always visible