The Angel in My Arms by Stefanie Sloane

The Angel in My Arms

by Stefanie Sloane

The Angel In My Arms is the second book in the Regency Rogues Series. After enjoying the first one, I was very excited to get started on this story. The Angel In My Arms is where we get to know the rogue "Marcus". Marcus has recently become injured so his commanding officer sends him to his country home, to investigate the smuggling operation there and that it might be related to Napoleon. In the beginning Marcus is doubtful that there is any real mission, but when a young boy ends up murdered, he ends up being drawn into a plot much bigger than himself. Sarah has settled in her life, knowing she won't marry and is content with that. When she keeps encountering Marcus, the Earl of Weston, she doesn't want to give into the visible attraction that is between them. As she becomes his partner in discovering the secrets behind the smuggling operation, she learns that the love she has for Marcus is about to be tested, and in ways she could never imagine. Will their love hold true or falter?

The Angel In My Arms is a fascinating tale of espionage and thrills and mystery. I personally love a good mystery, especially when it surprises me. So I was going into this story not expecting such a thrill as I came out finishing from. I did feel like it started a bit slow and took a little while to pick up pace, but once it did boy did I fly through this story. Espionage is one of my all time favorite sub genres to the Regency Era genre. So I love something that definitely gets me at the edge of my seat. Especially in the later half of the book did it really pick up speed and I could barely keep up with my eyes reading the pages as fast I could turn them. The romance is medium well developed, I felt like there could have been more, but I am not one to complain about a good mystery that engages the reader. Overall I would say this would be a satisfying and engaging read with heart stopping moments to put your teeth at edge, and your emotions on high alert!! Be warned you are about to embark on a thrilling adventure in the countryside of Dorset, England. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 8, 2014 |
This book will keep you laughing the whole time! I loved the humor in it! In this Regency romance you meet Sarah and Marcus! Sarah is not your typical female. She is courageous, funny, intelligent and witty! She cuts past all of Marcus's defenses and makes him realize that maybe being loved for who you are isn't such a bad thing! Marcus is a half Scottish highlander and half English gentlemen.... Interesting mix huh? He is always trying to find his place. Around Sarah he can finally let down his guard but he is in the middle of a smuggling investigation so if he lets it down too much will it cost him his case? or worse Sarah? There is plenty of humor and action in this book and will keep you guessing the whole time! ( )
  mstx | May 22, 2012 |
When an injury puts Marcus MacInnes, Earl of Weston, on the sidelines he receives an assignment to return to his estranged home, Lulworth Cove, to investigate a smuggling ring involving Napoleon supporters. Quickly Marcus’ path crosses Sarah Tisdale and it becomes apparent that her brother, Nigel, is involved with the smuggling. When Nigel’s life is in danger Sarah and her family turns to Marcus for help. As he investigates Marcus finds himself reluctantly attracted to the honestly outspoken Sarah. The strength of the story is really Sarah’s character. Her awkwardness makes her stand apart from most heroines. ( )
  mlorio | Feb 4, 2012 |
The first book in this series I wasn't to sure about but after reading this one, this series has found its place in my "Will Buy and Continue" list. I am curious about this author and look forward to seeing how each story will progress and strengthen.

Pros:

There is excitement, danger and a good plot. You can relate with the characters.

On the down side:

The sex scenes are seriously lacking and unbelievable! The tension and build up is there between the characters but when it comes to follow thru and after you may as well as said "Insert plug A into slot B" and moved on.

3 1/2 STARS ( )
  historicalbooklover | Jul 15, 2011 |
I reviewed this book for Romance Reader At Heart website.

RRAH's THOUGHTS AND PONDERINGS:

THE ANGEL IN MY ARMS is the second book in Regency Rogues Series and continues with adventures of another Young Corinthian, Marcus Maxwell, the Earl of Weston.

Our hero’s origins play heavy in this story. As a young lad, his growing up was split between the Highlands and England. He always knew that he didn’t fit in, that his English blood wasn’t quite blue enough and would never let him be a true Highlander.

Sarah Elizabeth Tisdale’s tendencies are toward speaking before thinking, independence and clumsiness, traits widely known to all those who know her. They are one of the reasons for the lack of her suitors—not that she would like any. As a matter a fact, she’s been dodging one suitor in particular.

ANGEL IN MY ARMS was a delightful read filled with humor, intrigue, and danger, and love scenes that sizzle. Ms. Sloan continues to impress me with her writing style, witty dialogue, three-dimensional characters, and wonderful comedic timing. Once more she created a wonderful world of intrigue, love, and adventure that I’ll be sure to follow. The unexpected gave me enough tidbits to hook me into eagerly awaiting the next book in this series.

Melanie ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Jun 16, 2011 |

While investigating a smuggling ring with ties to Napoleon, Young Corinthian agent Marcus MacInnes discovers that his case is linked to the family of Miss Sarah Tisdale, an unconventional beauty who drives him to distraction.

Stefanie Sloane is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,564,649 books! | Top bar: Always visible