The Sinner Who Seduced Me: A Regency Rogues…

The Sinner Who Seduced Me: A Regency Rogues Novel (edition 2011)

by Stefanie Sloane

Member:mstx
Title:The Sinner Who Seduced Me: A Regency Rogues Novel
Authors:Stefanie Sloane
Info:Ballantine Books (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Rating:*****

The Sinner Who Seduced Me by Stefanie Sloane

Tons of action in this book!!! James is always battling with Clarissa through the whole book and its hilarious how Clarissa is always confusing him! Clarissa is very dramatic and is trying to figure out who she is and what she feels. I literally finished this in one day because I did not want to put this book down!!! ( )
  mstx | May 22, 2012 |
I reviewed this book for Romance Reader At Heart website.

RRAH's THOUGHTS AND PONDERINGS:

This is the third Regency Rogues novel (THE ANGEL IN MY ARMS was the first; THE DEVIL IN DISGUISE was the second), and, as in the previous two books, we’re following a Young Corinthian—in this case, James Marlowe—into danger as he infiltrates Les Moines (The Monks), an organization tied to Napoleon. At the end of THE DEVIL IN DISGUISE, it was necessary for James to make sure that his Young Corinthians thought him a traitor and dead. The only other person to know his mission was the leader of their group, Carmichael.

Lady Clarissa Collins is a very talented portrait painter, and after a scandal involving her father, she’s forced to flee London with her mother in tow. It has been five years since that scandal, and she’s now living in Paris under the tutelage of Bernard St. Michelle, a famous French painter.

As the story opens, we meet Clarissa as she tries hard to immerse herself in her work and the care of her mother. It has been awhile since she gave herself permission to think of a man she deeply loved, so when that man shows up in Paris, she’s taken aback. Once she realizes that he’s one of the bad guys, she’s furious. Memories of James Marlowe and the reasons behind their breakup assail Clarissa all through the coming weeks as she realizes that now, in order to keep her mother safe, she will be working very closely with him.

James’ feelings mirror her own as he’s surprised to find Clarissa in Paris. For James, to have the woman who broke his heart years ago in this proximity is torture; and not telling her the reasons behind his joining the organization is tearing him apart. As this estranged couple grapples with their past and try to come to terms with it, we’re drawn into their story and can’t help but feel compassion for both. We root and hope that the misunderstandings of the past will not be repeated, and that their love for each other will be enough to overcome all that’s in their way.

Will these two highly intelligent, passionate and wounded souls, ever find it in their hearts to forgive each other and give their reunion and love a second chance? You’ll find out if you read THE SINNER WHO SEDUCED ME. This story had so much going for it. I really enjoyed James and Clarissa's unexpected reunion, and I just loved the way they ‘danced’ around each other, trying very hard to excuse each other’s actions from five years ago.

Ms. Sloane has outdone herself in weaving this fast-paced story of intrigue, seduction, and sensual romance. Her stories so far have been well written, fast-paced, and highly entertaining. I’m looking forward to more of the Regency Rogues, especially Carmichael's story.

Melanie ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Jul 25, 2011 |
For Randall.
No flowery words or clever turns of phrase.
Just know that you own my heart
and you always will.

A dedicated Young Corinthian agent, James Marlowe accepts the riskiest of missions--to go undercover as a traitor and infiltrate a deadly French crime organization. He is prepared for all matters of intrigue--everything but a surprise encounter with the only woman he has ever loved. Five years ago, the exquisitely stunning Clarissa Collins spurned James's love and broke his heart. Now the accomplished painter is in peril up to her lovely neck, and only he can protect her. Lady Clarissa is being blackmailed by malicious men--but that is nothing compared to the torture of being so close to James, the enthralling man who seduced Clarissa, then betrayed her. Despite the hurt and misunderstanding that still simmer between them, their passion ignites anew. With their lives and England's safety hanging in the balance, they must work together to save everything they hold dear. Can Clarissa and James escape the enemy's clutches and find their way back to each other's hearts . . . this time forever?… (more)

Stefanie Sloane is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,422,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible