Spinster Goose: Twisted Rhymes for Naughty…

Spinster Goose: Twisted Rhymes for Naughty Children

by Lisa Wheeler

So I really really wanted this to be amazing and it was just kind of meh. So it's a book of Mother Goose rhymes turned on their heads, where the children are all bad and Spinster Goose (mother's sister) punishes them. Some of the ryhmes; the Introduction, Spinster Goose, The Thief, Student of the Week, The Ditchers, The Bully really worked for me. Others just kind of fell flat. Either the rhyme schemes were off or something in the rhyme felt dumb rather than funny and it just didn't work. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
A collection of poems describing all the different naughty children at Spinster Goose's school for "uncouth youth."
  Emackay24 | Mar 16, 2015 |

For children that are simply too naughty for Mother Goose to handle, her sister Spinster Goose knows just how to deal with these uncouth urchins. Fans of Mother Goose are sure to delight in these devilishly twisted alternatives to classic rhymes.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 102,987,886 books! | Top bar: Always visible