Spinster Goose: Twisted Rhymes for Naughty…

Spinster Goose: Twisted Rhymes for Naughty Children

by Lisa Wheeler

I had mixed emotions about this book. One reason I really liked this book was because of the author’s word choice. The word choice throughout was extremely entertaining and the author put a very funny, yet creepy twist on the Mother Goose Rhymes. I liked that the word choice was different. The author implements a twist on the Mother Goose Rhymes by saying for example, “And she’s always watching to see that they mind. Her rules and her staff keep the children in line.” Another aspect the author included was a lot of change in her text. Every page was different with different size font, different types of font on the same page, etc. It was very appealing. One reason I did not like this book was because of the illustrations. They were extremely boring and the colors were very bland. Each page was a “matte” finish and nothing really caught my eye. The purpose of this book is to show readers the different types of poems that can be written and allows readers to become more acclimated with the genre of poetry as well. ( )
  kelseyjenkens | Mar 7, 2016 |
So I really really wanted this to be amazing and it was just kind of meh. So it's a book of Mother Goose rhymes turned on their heads, where the children are all bad and Spinster Goose (mother's sister) punishes them. Some of the ryhmes; the Introduction, Spinster Goose, The Thief, Student of the Week, The Ditchers, The Bully really worked for me. Others just kind of fell flat. Either the rhyme schemes were off or something in the rhyme felt dumb rather than funny and it just didn't work. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

For children that are simply too naughty for Mother Goose to handle, her sister Spinster Goose knows just how to deal with these uncouth urchins. Fans of Mother Goose are sure to delight in these devilishly twisted alternatives to classic rhymes.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,762,544 books! | Top bar: Always visible