Claire DeWitt and the City of the Dead by…

Claire DeWitt and the City of the Dead (2011)

by Sara Gran

Series: Claire DeWitt (1)

4986220,501 (3.55)1 / 69
    New Orleans Beat by Julie Smith (JuliaMaria)
    JuliaMaria: Zwei sehr verschiedene Krimis, die jeweils in New Orleans spielen.

English (63)  German (1)  All (64)
Excellent reading. Raymond Chandler meets Borges. Sartre throws the I Ching ( )
  TCBard | Dec 31, 2016 |
Enjoyed it! The protagonist is an anti-heroine, very flawed and taken to using drugs and unconventional methods of getting the job done - but, she does get the job done. I enjoy anti-heroines much better than goody-goodie heroines, so this series will be a "win" for me! ( )
  denisemnola | Aug 25, 2016 |
I really hated this book. I hated the characters- all of the them. I hated the writing style. And seriously if I had to read the name Sillette one more time I was going to sillette my wrists. ( )
  Maureen_McCombs | Aug 19, 2016 |
I don't know. I'm not saying its a bad book. It just wasn't for me.
  EJFin | Apr 6, 2016 |
Via The millions
  RealLifeReading | Jan 19, 2016 |

Sara Granprimary authorall editionscalculated
Monda, CarolReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"It's my Uncle."

Claire DeWitt is not your average private investigator. She has brilliant deductive skills and is an ace at discovering evidence. But Claire also uses her dreams, omens, and mind-expanding herbs to help her solve mysteries, and relies on Détection — the only book published by the late, great, and mysterious French detective Jacques Silette.

The tattooed, pot-smoking Claire has just arrived in post-Katrina New Orleans, the city she’s avoided since her mentor, Silette’s student Constance Darling, was murdered there. Claire is investigating the disappearance of Vic Willing, a prosecutor known for winning convictions in a homicide- plagued city. Has an angry criminal enacted revenge on Vic? Or did he use the storm as a means to disappear? Claire follows the clues, finding old friends and making new enemies — foremost among them Andray Fairview, a young gang member who just might hold the key to the mystery.

Littered with memories of Claire’s years as a girl detective in 1980s Brooklyn, Claire DeWitt and the City of the Dead is a knockout start to a bracingly original new series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:45 -0400)

Augmenting her brilliant deductive skills with dream analysis, marijuana, and the written work of a mysterious French detective, private investigator Claire DeWitt reluctantly returns to post-Katrina New Orleans to solve the disappearance of an unpopularprosecutor.… (more)

47 wanted4 pay2 pay

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Claire DeWitt and the City of the Dead - AUDIO EDITION by Sara Gran was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,449,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible